ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Pastor refuses to tip "I give GOD 10% why do you get 18%" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269489)

Crush 01-30-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9366248)
And this is my point about not tipping as well. I'm from Europe where this system of tipping doesn't exist. It's silly. Just because I want to go out for dinner doesn't mean I have to follow some silly system.

You sound French.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-30-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9366247)
LMAO

Holy shit son.

Can you go back to being a waiter cus I need you to serve me.

And I'll take my tip back, too.

Also, Branson people are so nice.

Another thing. Branson people? Yeah, they're pretty nice. I fit right in down here. I love this place.

Hammock Parties 01-30-2013 09:33 PM

They'll rip the asshole right outta ya...in the nicest way.

Hammock Parties 01-30-2013 09:34 PM

My uncle basically grew out of the hills in Missouri and dislikes using the word "crap."

Mr. Flopnuts 01-30-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9366305)
They'll rip the asshole right outta ya...in the nicest way.

ROFL I sell timeshare bro. I cannot confirm or deny that statement.

DaneMcCloud 01-30-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9366302)
You sound French.

He sounds like a dick

DaFace 01-30-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9366307)
ROFL I sell timeshare bro. I cannot confirm or deny that statement.

I knew you did that, but I'm not sure I've really thought it through until now. So just so we're 100% clear:

You sell timeshares...in Branson?

(I really hope I don't have any desire to go there when I'm old.)

Sorter 01-30-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9366309)
He sounds like a dick

So, MahiMike is from Quebec?

Mr. Flopnuts 01-30-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9366310)
I knew you did that, but I'm not sure I've really thought it through until now. So just so we're 100% clear:

You sell timeshares...in Branson?

(I really hope I don't have any desire to go there when I'm old.)

LOL, it's cheaper to buy in Branson. At least that's what we tell them. Timeshare is a GREAT program, just not at retail. Meaning, don't buy from me! No matter where I'm at. It's a helluva lot different than what they were selling 20 years ago. You can go worldwide on them. You're not locked into one location at all.

Easy 6 01-30-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9366285)
Definitely true. It's a polarizing issue, though I honestly don't understand why. It's an accepted standard in the U.S. People to undertip (or don't tip) are just being dicks, and that's about all there is to it.

They're just being dicks, exactly.

It really is perplexing why people get such a hairlip about it, they're not JUST paying for the food when they go out, they're paying for the ambiance, the experience and pleasure of being SERVED a nice meal.

The mahimikes and bigwillies of the world need to just stay home if they cant understand that.

DaFace 01-30-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9366330)

It really is perplexing why people get such a hairlip about it, they're not JUST paying for the food when they go out, they're paying for the ambiance, the experience and pleasure of being SERVED a nice meal.

The mahimikes and bigwillies of the world need to just stay home if they cant understand that.

Agreed. I don't get too worked up about it, though. It's important to make sure they know that they're being dicks, but I never feel that sorry for the waiters who have to deal with them. That shit happens, so it's kind of a part of of the deal.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-30-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9366330)

This.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 01-30-2013 09:50 PM

Branson seems like a fertile ground for timeshare buyers.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-30-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9366344)

That it is. That it is.

DaFace 01-30-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9366344)

Oh, I'm sure it is. I just can't even fathom the idea of buying one there.

DaneMcCloud 01-30-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9366319)
So, MahiMike is from Quebec?

My guess is a Soviet Bloc country.

He's a dick and he THINKS he's superior. Yet in reality, he has an inferiority complex.

LMAO

Imon Yourside 01-30-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9366410)
My guess is a Soviet Bloc country.

He's a dick and he THINKS he's superior. Yet in reality, he has an inferiority complex.

LMAO

That's like 99.9% of Chiefs Planet though.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-30-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9366405)

These days, it's cheaper to own there and that's no joke. It's all about points and that's it. Branson is cheaper than Jamaica, and the Bahamas, and what not. You can still visit those places with the right program, and the right point package. It's all about bang for your buck.

stevieray 01-30-2013 10:35 PM

...giving the first tenth BACK to God is not the same as paying somone to serve you.

logic fail, not to mention pimping the Lord to placate your selfishness.

:shake:

mr. tegu 01-30-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

And this is my point about not tipping as well. I'm from Europe where this system of tipping doesn't exist. It's silly. Just because I want to go out for dinner doesn't mean I have to follow some silly system.

Well there is a difference between not knowing any better and trying to fight the system or something to prove some type of point. They tip all the time now.

Hammock Parties 01-30-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9366402)
That it is. That it is.

You scalawag! :evil:

Raiderhater58 01-31-2013 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9364365)
I am going to give the waiter a tip. I like it when they put a lemmon slice in my tea, makes the tea better. Thank you iav.

If you could see all the germs on that lemon slice that has been sitting in the kitchen all day, you probably wouldnt want it in your tea

007 01-31-2013 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9365806)
I've been a General Manager that deals with drivers and let me tell you, regardless of if the tip is included or not, they still slack off if not given the proper management. That point is essentially pointless, my drivers, some of the best I had, would take orders to houses that had a $2 tip already on them after the blank tipped orders just in case getting that pizza there faster would give them a greater tip than $2. Hell when I drove I did it.

I would also find it so hilarious when people would start their sentences with, "Well I waited tables/delivered pizzas/worked in the restaurant industry so I know that blah blah blah." More times than not, they're speaking to a relation to your situation and not basing their argument off of factual knowledge. If some jackass tips my driver or me with a $2 tip, you think I give a shit if you waited tables or delivered pizzas. Because it obviously didn't teach you jack shit.

Plus let's call a tip what it is, Gratuity. Now if someone gives you a $2 tip on a $30+ order, they are basically saying my limit for gratuity to you getting my pizza here on time is worth $2, which is setting the bar exceptionally low. Why try to please a customer that has little to no respect in offering extra gratuity if I get the pizza there before the time we quoted? Because they pay our paycheck? Leave that bullshit to the restaurant, it has no effect on the driver what so ever and you really expect a 19 year old to think more of the situation?

In closing, its funny to see posts like this and see the insane amount of people that defend themselves with stating they tip 15-20% every time. There's two ways this ends, either the restaurants I worked in over my 12 years in the industry were some of the unluckiest restaurants to get a tip and I hardly ever got a customer as great as you.... or many of you are lying your asses off and saving face. You can say this situation is shitty and the guy is a douche, but don't lie and say that shit when I know if your girlfriend/wife/friend you hang out with all the time saw you post that shit they'd laugh their ass off.

STFU My wife would confirm my tips you jackass. Hell, she gets upset when I tip 20%.

Jiu Jitsu Jon 01-31-2013 02:07 AM

They will know we are Christians by the servers we stiff. And the fishes on our automobiles.

Imon Yourside 01-31-2013 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 9366827)
They will know we are Christians by the servers we stiff. And the fishes on our automobiles.

Neither of those represent Christianity, I know you already knew that though.

crazycoffey 01-31-2013 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9366405)

To be fair, don't you live in Denver? hey, glass houses, rock throwing, yadda yadda.

GloryDayz 01-31-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Funny... My fish sports a scuba mask, tank and fins. What does THAT make me?

crazycoffey 01-31-2013 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9366902)
Funny... My fish sports a scuba mask, tank and fins. What does THAT make me?

oxymoronic? Fish do not need scuba gear.....

GloryDayz 01-31-2013 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9366905)
oxymoronic? Fish do not need scuba gear.....

Good point... But just maybe, like other species, perhaps THAT fish is evolving and moving ashore... I'm not taking it off, I like it! :)

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-31-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 9366469)
...giving the first tenth BACK to God is not the same as paying somone to serve you.

logic fail, not to mention pimping the Lord to placate your selfishness.

:shake:

nail meet hammer.
Posted via Mobile Device

okoye35chiefs 01-31-2013 08:08 AM

hope he rots in hell

WV 01-31-2013 08:13 AM

I like when they add the tip, it generally saves me money because I tip more if the service is even decent. I have a lot of respect for those in the service industry, they are doing what I don't want to.

King_Chief_Fan 01-31-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

the same is true for Brazil.

WV 01-31-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9366327)
LOL, it's cheaper to buy in Branson. At least that's what we tell them. Timeshare is a GREAT program, just not at retail. Meaning, don't buy from me! No matter where I'm at. It's a helluva lot different than what they were selling 20 years ago. You can go worldwide on them. You're not locked into one location at all.

My parents have had theirs for years and own in Kitty Hawk, NC. It's taken our family a lot of places, while they are a pain in the ass sometimes, its been great for us.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9367017)
My parents have had theirs for years and own in Kitty Hawk, NC. It's taken our family a lot of places, while they are a pain in the ass sometimes, its been great for us.

You stay in nicer places than shitty hotel rooms, and it pays for itself over time as long as you're not getting ****ed over on M/F. They're not all created equal, that's for sure. Rising M/F, and owning enough of it are pretty integral to them working, and being cost effective.

WV 01-31-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9367025)
You stay in nicer places than shitty hotel rooms, and it pays for itself over time as long as you're not getting ****ed over on M/F. They're not all created equal, that's for sure. Rising M/F, and owning enough of it are pretty integral to them working, and being cost effective.

Educating yourself on how your particular TS works is most important. My Dad has stuck with it through the old trade power days up to the new points system learning the in's and outs and its been great for us. My kids have already benefited greatly and will continue to once its passed to my sister and I.

DaFace 01-31-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9366895)
To be fair, don't you live in Denver? hey, glass houses, rock throwing, yadda yadda.

:spock: Are you implying that Branson is a more preferable location than Denver?

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9367035)
Educating yourself on how your particular TS works is most important. My Dad has stuck with it through the old trade power days up to the new points system learning the in's and outs and its been great for us. My kids have already benefited greatly and will continue to once its passed to my sister and I.

That's really the one thing I love the very most about what I do. When we're young and having kids, we can't afford to go on nice vacations because we're still getting established ourselves. With TS, you don't have to worry about paying for the accomodations, so it makes vacationing more affordable for younger people with small children. Those children get to experience the world more at a younger age. It's a legacy passed down. And that's priceless.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9367037)
:spock: Are you implying that Branson is a more preferable location than Denver?

The only way anyone can make any money in this town is by being able to perform, sell, or commit to 70 hour work weeks. That's it. Servers down here make shit money anymore because there are SOOOO many restaurants and not a bunch of new travelers. There's a lot of money that rolls into this town every year. Upwards of 3 billion annually, but Branson is living proof that trickle down economics doesn't work because unless you're doing one of the 3 things I listed above, no one is making shit. $10 an hour is a gold mine down here. If I couldn't do what I'm doing, I would be right the **** out of here a long time ago.

Servers are the highest level of the lower class. I made $20 an hour on average waiting, but it's the same $20 an hour I made 13 years ago. It hasn't gone up at all. I only worked for one place though, there may be somewhere else out there where the servers are making better than that. Lots of servers here don't make anywhere near that. I was a great salesperson and upsold everything I could to increase ticket prices.

Hootie 01-31-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9365797)
yes

I know hootie, most places do 30-60K per week. We did about $200-250 per week. The GM liked to brag about her $60K Saturdays.

I worked at a place with $60K Saturdays...there are only 4 Saturdays in a month...you're a flat out liar you never managed a restaurant.

Send me your resume.

GloryDayz 01-31-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9367017)

Mako Mike's strikes again...

WV 01-31-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9367536)
Mako Mike's strikes again...

You know in all the years we've been going to the Outer Banks I don't think I've ever eaten at Mako Mikes.

Rain Man 01-31-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Let it go, man. Let it go. You're still on parole, and he's not worth it.

morphius 01-31-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Well, the Broncos do play there.

QuikSsurfer 01-31-2013 02:08 PM

Pastor has now apologized -- the waitress has also been fired... This happened at Applebees, btw.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...logizes-687234

FlaChief58 01-31-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 9367981)
Pastor has now apologized -- the waitress has also been fired... This happened at Applebees, btw.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...logizes-687234

Figures that she would lose her job for pointing out that cheap jackass.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-31-2013 02:12 PM

**** that guy and **** applebeees. I never eat there anyway....place sucks balls.
Posted via Mobile Device

PaulAllen 01-31-2013 02:13 PM

it was a lady pastor

Swanman 01-31-2013 02:14 PM

**** it, I will be the guy to say it. After seeing a picture of the pastor in the Smoking Gun article, there is quite possibly a racial stereotype about tipping at play here.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IeMgr0vA8c8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

QuikSsurfer 01-31-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulAllen (Post 9368010)
it was a lady pastor

**** that stupid holy ****

PaulAllen 01-31-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 9368017)
**** that stupid holy ****

Much better. Get your insults correct people.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 02:17 PM

She ****ing complained again after finding out that her receipt went viral. A true act of God's faithful! She's an embarrassment to Christianity.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9368015)
**** it, I will be the guy to say it. After seeing a picture of the pastor in the Smoking Gun article, there is quite possibly a racial stereotype about tipping at play here.

Sorry man. That video had a filter evasion in it's title.

Swanman 01-31-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9368028)
Sorry man. That video had a filter evasion in it's title.

Oh well, blame it on the Youtube uploader. Re-linked a new video above.

HolyHat 01-31-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9368005)
**** that guy and **** applebeees. I never eat there anyway....place sucks balls.
Posted via Mobile Device

The worst applebees on earth is the one in Sedalia, Mo.

Deberg_1990 01-31-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9368005)
Posted via Mobile Device

Applebees.....A Kansas City Institution!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-31-2013 02:24 PM

is there really such a thing as a good applebutts? Id rather cook at home...
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9368042)
Oh well, blame it on the Youtube uploader. Re-linked a new video above.

:thumb: I have experience in this field, I refuse to comment on my personal details.

FlaChief58 01-31-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9368027)
She ****ing complained again after finding out that her receipt went viral. A true act of God's faithful! She's an embarrassment to Christianity.

I guess she's never heard of "turn the other cheek" before. "Christians" like her are the primary reason I don't participate in organized religion

Fish 01-31-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

According to her biography, Bell “gave her life to Christ in 1997 while she was pregnant and homeless with her youngest son.” Living at the time in a Catholic homeless shelter, Bell recalled that she was laying in her bed one afternoon when “the Lord touched her heart and she invited him in.”
LMAO.... just laying in bed in the middle of the afternoon, and BAM! Touched.....

HolyHat 01-31-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9368059)
LMAO.... just laying in bed in the middle of the afternoon, and BAM! Touched.....

human nature says, BOOM! Touched...

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9368058)
I guess she's never heard of "turn the other cheek" before. "Christians" like her are the primary reason I don't participate in organized religion

I've done my fair share of Christian bashing on this website, but the fact is I've met some pretty awesome Christians here, and elsewhere in the world. Some people are shitheads regardless of their color, creed, social, economic, or religious dispositions.

Swanman 01-31-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9368059)

It seems she is confusing God with some horny homeless vagrant.

HolyHat 01-31-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9368067)
I've done my fair share of Christian bashing on this website, but the fact is I've met some pretty awesome Christians here, and elsewhere in the world. Some people are shitheads regardless of their color, creed, social, economic, or religious dispositions.

When the Pastor at my church started driving a $100k car every sunday, I stopped going. Pastors are some of the greatest people on earth, but also some of the worst.

kcfanXIII 01-31-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

as bad as this is, when i worked at a car wash for tips, if i saw the jesus fish, i grabbed the next car. I waited tables for a number of years in my early twenties, and people like this are what drove me out of the industry. I made decent money, but couldn't stand the cheap bastards. I was a good waiter, and when i didn't get paid for my service, I would lose my temper. I promise you, servers remember the bad tippers just as well as they remember the good ones. Think about that the next time your burger tastes a little extra salty...

mr. tegu 01-31-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9368079)
When the Pastor at my church started driving a $100k car every sunday, I stopped going. Pastors are some of the greatest people on earth, but also some of the worst.

"Avoid like the plague a preacher who is also a business man." - I can't recall at the moment but it is in a book at home.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 9368086)
as bad as this is, when i worked at a car wash for tips, if i saw the jesus fish, i grabbed the next car. I waited tables for a number of years in my early twenties, and people like this are what drove me out of the industry. I made decent money, but couldn't stand the cheap bastards. I was a good waiter, and when i didn't get paid for my service, I would lose my temper. I promise you, servers remember the bad tippers just as well as they remember the good ones. Think about that the next time your burger tastes a little extra salty...

Heh, I cannot confirm or deny that last sentence. I NEVER **** with the people serving me my food. You think I'm pretty nice around here? I practically lick their assholes from the time I walk in the door. And I tip them a minimum of 15%. Believe it or not, I don't believe in over tipping. 20% is the standard, but 25% is tops for me. Why? Because I've been there, seen it, and won't admit to participating in it.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9368079)

Absolutely.

FlaChief58 01-31-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9368067)

It was not meant as a blanket statement. I've met plenty of good christians but, met far to many who are hypocritical in their beliefs. They feel they can do no wrong because they believe god is on their side and if you dont believe the way they do, you are demon spawn.

I used to go to church on a regular basis but, stopped after realizing that so many so called Christians thump their bible at you on sundays while being complete pieces of shit monday through saturday

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9368103)
It was not meant as a blanket statement. I've met plenty of good christians but, met far to many who are hypocritical in their beliefs. They feel they can do no wrong because they believe god is on their side and if you dont believe the way they do, you are demon spawn.

I used to go to church on a regular basis but, stopped after realizing that so many so called Christians thump their bible at you on sundays while being complete pieces of shit monday through saturday

I agree with all of your sentiments, and really threw that out there on behalf of all of the good ones that have felt like I've shat all over them throughout the years with my own little diatribes. Wasn't meant to call you out at all. I totally get where you're coming from.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-31-2013 02:43 PM

Trust me...the Lord has an issue with this woman and is correcting her. If you are devout much less a pastor and your character or behaivor is out of whack...you WILL be called on it. Usually sooner rather than later.
Posted via Mobile Device

QuikSsurfer 01-31-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9368121)
Trust me...the Lord has an issue with this woman and is correcting her. If you are devout much less a pastor and your character or behaivor is out of whack...you WILL be called on it. Usually sooner rather than later.
Posted via Mobile Device

http://i.minus.com/ibAYo09iw41qi.gif

HolyHat 01-31-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9368103)

I used to see the youth pastor of that same church in the poker room at Harrahs NKC everytime I was there. Bastard could play some cards though

Sorter 01-31-2013 02:50 PM

****ed up they fired the waitress, IMO.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-31-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 9368123)

im on mobile so i cant partake of your gif. Will assume smarmy...
Posted via Mobile Device

morphius 01-31-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9368147)

Happens every time one of them posts a receipt...

Deberg_1990 01-31-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

She violated a customers right to privacy.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

It wasn't the waitress who waited on them. It was the waitress she showed the ticket too who then took a picture of it and put it on reddit. Just for the record.

And props to Luv who pretty much called early on that it was a female pastor. Impressive.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9368139)
I used to see the youth pastor of that same church in the poker room at Harrahs NKC everytime I was there. Bastard could play some cards though

He doesn't need Kenny Rogers. God tells him when to hold em. God says when to fold em. God says when to walk away. God says when to run. You never tithe your money...when you're sittin at the table. There'll be time enough for tithing, when the dealing's done.

loochy 01-31-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9368191)
And props to Luv who pretty much called early on that it was a female pastor. Impressive.

Check the handwriting. Early on I thought that the writing looked a little fruity and feminine for a man.