ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert not going anywhere. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272686)

Lex Luthor 05-02-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 9651984)
I'm so tired of the idiots on the radio talking about moving Albert to guard or right tackle. I don't give a shit if we drafted fisher number one overall. Albert is a damn good left tackle.

What if Fisher is better? Do we leave Albert at left tackle anyway?

ptlyon 05-02-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9652087)

Just...
Don't.

seaofred 05-02-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9652084)
I don't realize that. What I realize is that some report out of Miami made that claim. But as we know, reports are often just as wrong as the report that said Andy Reid was going to coach the Cardinals.

If you follow Omar Kelly on twitter, he says the Dolphins and Albert never agreed on a contract. I don't know how reliable he is, but he is the Dolphins beat reporter.

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-02-2013 10:10 AM

Why do people say you just don't draft a RT at 1.1 ? Money

Money is not an issue with the new rookie salary cap.

Is it because they aren't protecting blind side. I'd like to see stats on sacks from each side of the line. I see far too many stunts and sacks coming from the RT side.

I say RT is just as important as LT. And we are now set !

KC_Lee 05-02-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9652181)

Is it because they aren't protecting blind side. I'd like to see stats on sacks from each side of the line. I see far too many stunts and sacks coming from the RT side.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2n66pf.jpg

Sassy Squatch 05-02-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9652187)

God. Damn. It.

philfree 05-02-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 9652098)
If you follow Omar Kelly on twitter, he says the Dolphins and Albert never agreed on a contract. I don't know how reliable he is, but he is the Dolphins beat reporter.

It could have been info put out by Albert's agent trying to pressure Dorsey into lowering the trade compensation. :shrug: Who gives a shit at this point?
And why?

KevB 05-02-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

I hate when people post this gif, because I end up watching it no less than 10 times. It gets funnier the more you watch. I just don't know how you can get that excited about taking an offensive tackle, even if you think it's the right pick.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-02-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 9651650)
Why? Just play them wherever it works best. If the best line is Fisher at RT and Albert at LT then put them there.

The Niners drafted 1.11 in 2010 and put Davis at RT. Yeah, 1.1's higher but it was supposedly a crappy draft with no difference makers in the top 10 per some analysts.

You have to wonder if Reids Tackle struggles towards the end of his Philly run are fueling some of this. This would definitely be a lot of investment in the line combined with the young interior and would leave us with a 3rd round backup tackle as well.

"Wonder"? There is no doubt under all of heaven and earth that Philly's disintegrating line brought this on.
Posted via Mobile Device

ptlyon 05-02-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9652219)
I hate when people post this gif, because I end up watching it no less than 10 times. It gets funnier the more you watch. I just don't know how you can get that excited about taking an offensive tackle, even if you think it's the right pick.

My friends dad had a saying that can help here.

"All the crazy people ain't locked up"

bevischief 05-02-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9652230)
My friends dad had a saying that can help here.

"All the crazy people ain't locked up"

LMAO

Sully 05-02-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Incorrect.
The pick itself is a commodity.

ceebz 05-02-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Um, how about, RT just isn't an impact position?

RippedmyFlesh 05-02-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9652014)
Too many of Dion's sacks came uncontested for me. I think he'll be solid all the way around, but not a stud rusher. Basically Tamba...

The hate chief's fans have here sometimes for their own players is funny.
So now Hali is not a stud pass rusher?

mcaj22 05-02-2013 11:16 AM

ill take a player that's "basically Tamba Hali" over a RT at 1.1 overall any day 100 times out of 100

Mav 05-02-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9652387)
ill take a player that's "basically Tamba Hali" over a RT at 1.1 overall any day 100 times out of 100

Fair enough. Except, that he isnt basically Tamba Hali. He is a situational pass rusher, who didnt really stand out and only played 42 percent of his teams defensive plays. Tamba Hali coming out of college was an every down player, and was a beast. Hes much closer to being vernon gholston than Tamba Hali.......

Mike in SW-MO 05-02-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceebz (Post 9652305)
Um, how about, RT just isn't an impact position?

How can you say that? Eric Einston made an impact at Right Tackle.

Mav 05-02-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike in SW-MO (Post 9652489)

agreed. Every position on the oline now is critical. We are in a passing league, and if you dont think that the oline is important. Then why did 8 offensive linemen go in the first round this year. Because its becoming painfully obvious about the has, and has nots on the oline.

Not commenting to you persay because you point was zeroed in, and accurate.

There is nothing wrong with having a dominant oline, and just because its not the sexy pick, or the norm, doesnt mean it was the wrong pick.

Bowser 05-02-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9652504)
agreed. Every position on the oline now is critical. We are in a passing league, and if you dont think that the oline is important. Then why did 8 offensive linemen go in the first round this year. Because its becoming painfully obvious about the has, and has nots on the oline.

Not commenting to you persay because you point was zeroed in, and accurate.

There is nothing wrong with having a dominant oline, and just because its not the sexy pick, or the norm, doesnt mean it was the wrong pick.

What good is an All-World line if you don't have a playmaker at quarterback behind them?

Good o-lines really don't make average QB's better. QB's are defined by their play, good or bad.

Tribal Warfare 05-02-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9652080)
Andy reid to be on SiriusXm nfl radio at 2 ET to talk draft and Branden Albert.

any updates

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-02-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9652512)
What good is an All-World line if you don't have a playmaker at quarterback behind them?

Good o-lines really don't make average QB's better. QB's are defined by their play, good or bad.

Do you remember Damon Huard ? Now if he had a line he would have been a decent QB, but he always went fetal position because he was being used as a doormat by the defense.

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-02-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9652537)
any updates

Betcha he said we drafted some really good players and Albert is a Chief.

-King- 05-02-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

No, money has nothing to do with it.

Dave Lane 05-02-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9652087)

Yes until he proves he can handle the speed and finesse of the NFL. I'm thinking his ceiling is slightly higher than Albert's but not much. It took BA 3-4 years to really get good.

the Talking Can 05-02-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9652605)
Do you remember Damon Huard ? Now if he had a line he would have been a decent QB, but he always went fetal position because he was being used as a doormat by the defense.

you can't be serious

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-02-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

How long before this .gif is funny again?

Dave Lane 05-02-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

You don't draft a punter there either. For the same reason.

And in order

No

and

No

saphojunkie 05-02-2013 12:47 PM

I honestly can't tell you who I would have preferred us to draft at #1. Every single position, every player at the top of his position, had big time question marks. It's easy to just complain that we took a redundant tackle. What's not easy is definitively pointing to ONE player and saying "This guy! This guy right here was worth first overall."

Not the field... just one player. Milliner? Jordan? Lotuleilei? Werner? Who?

Face it, we got ****ing hosed. We're Chiefs fans... OF COURSE there were no good first overall draft picks.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-02-2013 12:54 PM

I vote we forget Damon Huard and never mention him again.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz 05-02-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9652690)
I honestly can't tell you who I would have preferred us to draft at #1. Every single position, every player at the top of his position, had big time question marks. It's easy to just complain that we took a redundant tackle. What's not easy is definitively pointing to ONE player and saying "This guy! This guy right here was worth first overall."

Not the field... just one player. Milliner? Jordan? Lotuleilei? Werner? Who?

Face it, we got ****ing hosed. We're Chiefs fans... OF COURSE there were no good first overall draft picks.

there wasn't anyone worth being a top 5 pick this year

:(

of course in a few years some player will turn out to be a stud, but on paper we were screwed.

Baby Lee 05-02-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Is it just me, or when you watch this does the line

"It's still real to me DAMN IT!!"

come to mind?

suzzer99 05-02-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9651925)
LOL

I just cannot understand how anyone can get so excited about an OT.

I'm guessing because they are the type of fans who think you can still win a Superbowl with an average QB and a great team around him.

suzzer99 05-02-2013 01:07 PM

I agree with the people who say right tackle is almost as important, mainly because our best player is a running back. If we get a franchise QB then LT becomes a lot more important. But given the Chiefs I'm not holding my breath on that.

I am pretty excited to see what Charles does this year if our oline stays intact.

DaFace 05-02-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Trent Green disagrees.

Mother****erJones 05-02-2013 01:34 PM

@SiriusXMNFL: Andy Reid on #BrandenAlbert: He is a hard worker and a proven Left Tackle...if he was here today he would be the LT. #SXMSports #Chiefs

Hammock Parties 05-02-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9652897)
@SiriusXMNFL: Andy Reid on #BrandenAlbert: He is a hard worker and a proven Left Tackle...if he was here today he would be the LT. #SXMSports #Chiefs

Haha!

HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

http://i.imgur.com/P87BsHH.gif

ceebz 05-02-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9652897)

Exactly. I can't believe there's still moron Chief fans calling to move this kid to guard.

Mother****erJones 05-02-2013 01:44 PM

Ya it's stupid but people keep bringing it up.

GoChargers 05-02-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9652504)
There is nothing wrong with having a dominant oline

There is when you have mediocre talent at the skill positions, especially QB. Hell, if the recent Super Bowl teams are any indication, you really don't need a dominant LT if you have an elite or near-elite quarterback.

Bryant McKinnie, Matt Light, Chad Clifton, Trai Essex, Jermaine Bushrod, etc... basically a collection of worn-down vets on their last legs, backups pushed into the starting role, and prospects who hadn't panned out yet. Yet they didn't stop their teams from at least getting to, and possibly winning, the Super Bowl, because those teams had legit quarterbacks and were stacked with talent at the skill positions.

Mother****erJones 05-02-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9652941)
There is when you have mediocre talent at the skill positions, especially QB. Hell, if the recent Super Bowl teams are any indication, you really don't need a dominant LT if you have an elite or near-elite quarterback.

Bryant McKinnie, Matt Light, Chad Clifton, Trai Essex, Jermaine Bushrod, etc... basically a collection of worn-down vets on their last legs, backups pushed into the starting role, and prospects who hadn't panned out yet. Yet they didn't stop their teams from at least getting to, and possibly winning, the Super Bowl, because those teams had legit quarterbacks and were stacked with talent at the skill positions.

That's all fine and well but there were no elite or near elite QBs for the taking.

-King- 05-02-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9652808)
Trent Green disagrees.

Trent Green wasn't average.
Posted via Mobile Device

MahiMike 05-02-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

I like the dude with the sunglasses behind them goin', "meh".

Is that GoChiefs?

saphojunkie 05-02-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9652960)
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't know if there really is such a thing as an average QB. The middle of the road? Playoffs but no victory?

It seems to me that "below average" for a QB is synonymous with "absolutely terrible."

"Above average" is synonymous with "franchise QB."

Average is basically one or two guys that could break out but haven't. A la Matt Ryan or Sam Bradford.

Ming the Merciless 05-02-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Alex smith needs a line full of 1st rounders to make handoffs and 5 yard screens

DaFace 05-02-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9652960)
Posted via Mobile Device

How did Trent look behind any other line?

KC_Lee 05-02-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9653123)

Before or after his brains were scrambled?

DaFace 05-02-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9653130)
Before or after his brains were scrambled?

Take your pick. The results are the same.

I love Trent as much as anyone, but he had the best OL this team has ever seen in front of him and the best RB at his side. Not to mention that was when Tony was in his prime. You CAN'T argue that he would have looked anywhere near as good as he did if he had the OL not been as good as it was.

Anyong Bluth 05-02-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9651933)
He and Miami agreed on compensation as a LT you do realize this yes?

Ya, as long as they were successful in deciding to bait n switch on the Chiefs by expressing their concerns about back issues in the 11th hour and trying to get KC to accept a 3rd.

Also the way that Miami structured his contract, he would have been seeing far less in guaranteed $$$ as it was filled with incentives and clauses. Ireland then had the nerve to trade his 1st 2nd (#42) and they've yet to solidify a real guy at the LT spot.
Even though its not even the same guys in the front office, there's been some acrimony between the Dolphins and Chiefs and specifically about compensation and trade deals for a # of years.
Just not a lot of professionalism on display and Ireland isn't known around the league in the most positive light - or at least tends to mistake where that line between shrewd business negotiator and dull-witted **** lies.

aturnis 05-02-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh (Post 9652365)
The hate chief's fans have here sometimes for their own players is funny.
So now Hali is not a stud pass rusher?

Hali had one great season. But the majority of his years have been average to below average. I used Hali b/c I see Jordan as Hali, maybe a little better, possibly quite a bit worse. I certainly wouldn't consider Hali a #1 overall pick pass rusher.

Hammock Parties 05-02-2013 03:13 PM

Trent Green was able to take advantage of superior protection to post league-leading passing numbers.

Alex Smith takes advantage of superior protection to...get sacked a lot...and dink and dunk.

Stop comparing the two. Thanks.

aturnis 05-02-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike in SW-MO (Post 9652489)

I hope you're talking about the incredibly negative one...

Hammock Parties 05-02-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9653169)
I hope you're talking about the incredibly negative one...

Are people ****ing serious with this shit?

Winston was the best RT we've had since Tait.

penbrook 05-02-2013 04:35 PM

Andy Reid "if Albert is here he's our LT and Fisher is our RT" on@SiriusXMNFL

Hammock Parties 05-02-2013 04:51 PM

Dumbest fan base in the nfl

Quote:

don stephenson us a much better lineman and more disciplined. he doesnt kill drives with false starts every other play. albert is a liability!!!
Quote:

I have never liked Albert. He was a guard most of college and at best, he is a decent RT. He needs to shut up. He is the reason that most of our qbs have been hurt the past few years.

raypec85 05-02-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceebz (Post 9652930)
Exactly. I can't believe there's still moron Chief fans calling to move this kid to guard.

Albert could play LT if he stays in KC but I wouldn't take my victory lap just yet if I were you. If some team eventually offers enough compensation the Chiefs will still trade Albert IMO. If they want to maximize the compensation in the event a trade still goes through, would you really expect Reid to acknowledge they're moving Albert from LT if he stays? I don't know where Reid will put Albert if he stays, but for any of us to think we know because of what Reid said today when the Chiefs probably still want to keep all their options open is naive IMO.

The more the other options thin out (like McKinnie resigning with Baltimore today) the more the pressure mounts on Miami / San Diego.

Hammock Parties 05-02-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raypec85 (Post 9653438)
The more the other options thin out (like McKinnie resigning with Baltimore today) the more the pressure mounts on Miami / San Diego.

The Dolphins and Chargers both spent high picks on offensive tackles.

We're not trading Albert.

philfree 05-02-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9653369)
Andy Reid "if Albert is here he's our LT and Fisher is our RT" on@SiriusXMNFL

I'd like to hear more please.

raypec85 05-02-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9653450)
The Dolphins and Chargers both spent high picks on offensive tackles.

We're not trading Albert.

Yeah you're right - that's ample justification to get your QB killed by not filling a glaring hole.:rolleyes: Look I'm not claiming to have a crystal ball here. Maybe Albert gets traded, maybe he doesn't. But posters who talk so unequivocally like this are kinda amusing because the truth is none of us knows at this point.

penbrook 05-02-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9653458)
I'd like to hear more please.

Also Dorsey said today that he has reached out to Alberts representatives and will continue to do so so rhey can get a long term deal worked out. Also said Albert is a hell of a football player and everybody thought they were just going to give him away.

He did a interview with 810 sports on Outside The Lines.

Just listening to him you know he loves his job. Said we could have 2 FBs on this roster and Baldwin could be used more in the slot.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 05-02-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9653504)
Also Dorsey said today that he has reached out to Alberts representatives and will continue to do so so rhey can get a long term deal worked out. Also said Albert is a hell of a football player and everybody thought they were just going to give him away.

Just listening to him you know he loves his job. Said we could have 2 FBs on this roster and Baldwin isn't worth dick snot.

wow

-King- 05-02-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9653123)

3400 yards 23 Touchdowns and 11 INTs in Washington
2000 yards 16 TDs and 5 INTS in 6 starts in STL.

Both very good numbers. Both numbers Alex Smith has never put up.
Posted via Mobile Device

raypec85 05-02-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Just listening to him you know he loves his job. Said we could have 2 FBs on this roster and Baldwin could be used more in the slot.

I love the way Dorsey set this up to give KC potential options, and is being patient, keeping the options open until things fully play out, one of those options being keeping Albert long term (which is actually a very good option IMO).

One also gets the feeling that Dorsey and his family are a much better match for KC than "east coast Pioli" ever appeared to be. Dorsey puts off the vibe that he loves being here. Pretty cool.

penbrook 05-02-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raypec85 (Post 9653548)
I love the way Dorsey set this up to give KC potential options, and is being patient, keeping the options open until things fully play out, one of those options being keeping Albert long term (which is actually a very good option IMO).

One also gets the feeling that Dorsey and his family are a much better match for KC than "east coast *****" ever appeared to be. Dorsey puts off the vibe that he loves being here. Pretty cool.

Yep his wife is from KC.

raypec85 05-02-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9653555)
Yep his wife is from KC.

Homegrown, good stuff.

Anyong Bluth 05-02-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9653542)

Posted via Mobile Device

Also quite necessary as our defense was an ischemia and we knew we could never take our foot off the pedal as we needed to simply score since the D stopping anyone was more of an aberration.

Anyong Bluth 05-02-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

So on 810 Sports "BETWEEN the Lines." He said what exactly about Baldwin or is that you just adding your editorial envisages?

DaFace 05-02-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9653542)

Posted via Mobile Device

You've proven my point. In 2004, Trent put up 4500 yards, 27 TD's, and 17 INT's. Clearly, the OL made him a much better QB.

Mr. Laz 05-02-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9653634)
You've proven my point. In 2004, Trent put up 4500 yards, 27 TD's, and 17 INT's. Clearly, the OL made him a much better QB.

It's what we are going to need this year

during the 13-3 vermeil year we had

good offensive coaching/scheme
Great Oline play
Good Running backs

These things allowed Green to be comfortable and maximize his abilities.

Have to have the same this year for Alex Smith

It's what you need with a game manager type QB

-King- 05-02-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9653634)

So wait, if those numbers make Trent green an average QB, what's Alex Smith? Hes NEVER hit those numbers.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie 05-02-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

100%

it's a total lol situation

they could have said Biscuit McBiscuitserson as our pick and those guys would have reacted the exact same way

Hootie 05-02-2013 06:59 PM

being the rational adult that I am

I said Alex Smith lies somewhere between Trent Dilfer and Trent Green. Dilfer being his floor, Green being his ceiling.

the kicking and screaming over this is ridiculous now...CLEARLY, there were no QB's to take in this year's draft that would have been an immediate improvement over Matt Cassel. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have a single QB on their draft board...

so it's who cares now?

Reid is paid to ****ing win. Dorsey is paid to ****ing win. They gave a few picks for the best available QB (key word: available).

I realize CP doesn't understand the draft, at all...(not one bit)...

so again (and I have never received a rebuttal to this point)...

please go over the past 10 years of drafts and research picks 30-45 and then report back on how often you find a pro bowl caliber player with those picks

please use percentages

because people are acting like these two 2nds for Smith was like trading 2 all-pros for the damn guy when in reality AT THE VERY WORST we traded Brandon Flowers and say Dexter McCluster for Alex Smith.

Hootie 05-02-2013 07:01 PM

and I'm pretty sure if Alex Smith is a failure this year...Dorsey and Reid will try and find another QB. I'm pretty sure Andy ****ing Reid addresses the QB position.

Hammock Parties 05-02-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9653667)
and I'm pretty sure if Alex Smith is a failure this year...Dorsey and Reid will try and find another QB. I'm pretty sure Andy ****ing Reid addresses the QB position.

Question: when did anyone give up 2 2nds for a QB and move on from him after one year?

When?

DeezNutz 05-02-2013 07:04 PM

Even if you believe that drafting a "great" player in the second is a statistical long shot, the bigger problem is that teams still (and rightfully so) highly value the picks.

Thus, paying two second-round picks for Smith shows, from my perspective, a commitment. Even if he plays at a mediocre level, I don't see the Chiefs essentially flushing this investment.

Rather, they'll throw more resources at the situation, thus further exasperating the problem.

Marcellus 05-02-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9653660)
So wait, if those numbers make Trent green an average QB, what's Alex Smith? Hes NEVER hit those numbers.
Posted via Mobile Device

Once again you and the point have missed each other.

Hammock Parties 05-02-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus the True (Post 9653676)

Our OL isn't going to make Alex better. He's already played behind a top OL, and we saw the mediocrity.

penbrook 05-02-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 9653621)
So on 810 Sports "BETWEEN the Lines." He said what exactly about Baldwin or is that you just adding your editorial envisages?

He said Baldwin has looked really good through the OTAs but said he needs to get out of his breaks a lot quicker and said he could line up in the slot on some formations.

Hoover 05-02-2013 07:14 PM

The fact that we have a HC and GM that get along is so refreshing. Pioli turned the Chiefs into a reality show. I'm happy to have Dorsey and Reid here.

-King- 05-02-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus the True (Post 9653676)

What's the point then? Trent Green had better numbers without a great line than Smith had with one of the best currently. What does that make Smith?
Posted via Mobile Device

Anyong Bluth 05-02-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9653689)
He said Baldwin has looked really good through the OTAs but said he needs to get out of his breaks a lot quicker and said he could line up in the slot on some formations.

So same old shit- trouble with press coverage and still needs to run crisper routes. Somebody get his ass to Chris Carter's boot camp that starts like 2 weeks before training camp this summer.