ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Battlefield 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241301)

Pants 11-15-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8113245)
what are the game modes on MP?
I think I played Rush, which was sort of like Capture the Flag (if I recall).

There really isn't anything like capture the flag in this game. In Rush, one team has to destroy the MCOMMs while the other defends them. The attackers have a limited amount of spawns and if they run out before the MCOMMs in question are destroyed, the defenders win. If all MCOMMs get destroyed, the attackers obviously win.

Conquest has multiple objectives you have to capture. Once you capture an objective, you can spawn on it. The objectives can be recaptured and it is beneficial to hold the majority as it will make the other team lose their spawn tickets at a higher rate. The team to reach 0 spawn tickets first will lose.

Then there's the Squad Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch (I would stay the eff away from TDM, SDM is freaking awesome, though).

Dayze 11-15-2011 12:23 PM

cool; thanks.

WV 11-15-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8113174)
I don't have mortars, but I've been a victim of effective fire with them when trying to defend an MCOMM. I wouldn't use them on any other mode (maybe Conquest in some rare instances).

How do you not have mortars and I do?? You must really ignore the support class! :)

Pants 11-15-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 8113610)
How do you not have mortars and I do?? You must really ignore the support class! :)

Yeah, I just now started using it. It's actually not as bad as I thought it was going to be (I hated LMGs in BC2). Had a couple solid games with the M249 yesterday and the C4 came in super handy. Still, the Assault class is the only one that truly makes me feel like a machine. I get the most kills with it by far, and reviving/healing are just a torrent of points and help immensely on Rush offense and Conquest to boot.

I really want that Suppression Ribbon, though.

Mr. Plow 11-15-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8113702)
Yeah, I just now started using it. It's actually not as bad as I thought it was going to be (I hated LMGs in BC2). Had a couple solid games with the M249 yesterday and the C4 came in super handy. Still, the Assault class is the only one that truly makes me feel like a machine. I get the most kills with it by far, and reviving/healing are just a torrent of points and help immensely on Rush offense and Conquest to boot.

I really want that Suppression Ribbon, though.

Not sure why, but I always try to build up my classes as equally as possible. If I see one get a little bit higher than another, I start using another class as much as possible.

Dayze 11-15-2011 02:39 PM

I can't wait to hop on sometime and get a little better at support / supression (now that I know sort of what is needed from each class).

and spotting...didn't realize that was possible.

Pants 11-15-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8113714)
Not sure why, but I always try to build up my classes as equally as possible. If I see one get a little bit higher than another, I start using another class as much as possible.

I understand that mindset completely. I just figured that while I was learning the maps, I would be most useful as Assault (following people who knew where they were going and reviving them should the need arise). I played Assault exclusively for a very long time. Leveled up my Engineer after that and then played a crapton of Scout with a UMP (I can't stand sniping). UMP is complete ****ing garbage, so I don't think I'll be using Recon very much at all in the near future (maybe once I unlock the VAL). It's Support's turn to get leveled now. :D

Mr. Plow 11-15-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8113723)
I understand that mindset completely. I just figured that while I was learning the maps, I would be most useful as Assault (following people who knew where they were going and reviving them should the need arise). I played Assault exclusively for a very long time. Leveled up my Engineer after that and then played a crapton of Scout with a UMP (I can't stand sniping). UMP is complete ****ing garbage, so I don't think I'll be using Recon very much at all in the near future (maybe once I unlock the VAL). It's Support's turn to get leveled now. :D

Assault & Support are the two I used mainly - busted out Engineer on maps with tanks, etc. All 3 level up pretty quickly.

Recon is not my favorite so I don't use it much.

WV 11-15-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8113723)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8113740)
Assault & Support are the two I used mainly - busted out Engineer on maps with tanks, etc. All 3 level up pretty quickly.

Recon is not my favorite so I don't use it much.

I can't stand Recon either so it's my least built up class....Engineer is my favorite, next would be support in BF3.

Pants 11-15-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 8114064)
I can't stand Recon either so it's my least built up class....Engineer is my favorite, next would be support in BF3.

Yeah, they made the Recon class completely useless now that you don't get C4 and you can't call artillery in. They also completely nerfed the motion sensor making it pretty much useless. I guess the MAV is there, but really, it's not enough for me to consider playing that class.

I like engineer OK, but once again, they nerfed all anti-vehicle weapons (minus the mines). Maybe it's different in HC.

WV 11-15-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8114073)
Yeah, they made the Recon class completely useless now that you don't get C4 and you can't call artillery in. They also completely nerfed the motion sensor making it pretty much useless. I guess the MAV is there, but really, it's not enough for me to consider playing that class.

I like engineer OK, but once again, they nerfed all anti-vehicle weapons (minus the mines). Maybe it's different in HC.

The best part of recon now is the spawn beacon.

Once you have the explosive perk to add on the explosives are better, but your right it could be HC. Even in HC they still arent as powerful as they were in bc2 though.

Pants 11-15-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 8114128)
The best part of recon now is the spawn beacon.

Once you have the explosive perk to add on the explosives are better, but your right it could be HC. Even in HC they still arent as powerful as they were in bc2 though.

The explosives perk only increases the number of rockets you can carry. I wish it increased the damage.

And the mobile spawn is rather nice, you're right about that. You do run a risk of getting spawn camp with it, if you're not careful.

crispystl 11-15-2011 07:13 PM

I have to throw this out there.. my four year old reeled of an 1100 point round!

Pants 11-15-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 8114294)
I have to throw this out there.. my four year old reeled of an 1100 point round!

Holy shit, don't think I would have the capacity to even play BF3 when I was 4. That's awesome.

What's your Battlelog name, crispy?

WV 11-15-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 8114294)

He's going to develope a nice vocabulary between the game dialog and if his squad has people mic'd! LMAO