ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith to ask for release (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269401)

Messier 02-01-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairladyZ (Post 9370841)
I have.. I've seen smith suck donkey balls with shitty coaching, i've seen smith be a good game manager with great coaching.

i've seen cassel suck donkey balls with horrendous coaching, i've seen cassel be a good game manager with great coaching.

your point?

That Smith is better than Cassel.

O.city 02-01-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9370880)
That Smith is better than Cassel.

Again, so are we just looking for better than Cassel or good?

O.city 02-01-2013 03:38 PM

I want the Chiefs to have a great starting QB. I'm concerned about hte backup spot, but not to a point where I'm going to invest a great deal of money into it.

If Andy Reid is this QB guru we think he is, why not just grab a 6th rounder or later and have him work with Reid? He is the QB whisperer right? It's what GB does, which is where our GM was taught.

ncCHIEFfan 02-01-2013 03:38 PM

I must be missing something here. This fan base is drooling over Alex Smiff??? I have not seen that. I have seen fans discussing the rumors that are floating around about their team. I don't think Reid and company are going to try to sell this franchise/fan base with the "same o same o".......I mean, Alex Smith hasn't been good. If this FO goes against the fan bases wishes....surely it is for good reason.

htismaqe 02-01-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9370874)
I'm not, but the Chiefs are going to acquire more than one QB, probably draft and trade or FA. I don't think the QB they get in Fa should have no threat to start just to leave a path for a first round QB. I want them to get the best they can in all ways possible.

You're asking for a hypothetical scenario that NEVER happens in the NFL.

Smith is a proven starter in this league. If he comes in here, he will start. There won't be a competition. And there won't be a 1st round QB.

He wants to leave SF for PRECISELY THIS REASON.

htismaqe 02-01-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncCHIEFfan (Post 9370887)
I must be missing something here. This fan base is drooling over Alex Smiff??? I have not seen that. I have seen fans discussing the rumors that are floating around about their team. I don't think Reid and company are going to try to sell this franchise/fan base with the "same o same o".......I mean, Alex Smith hasn't been good. If this FO goes against the fan bases wishes....surely it is for good reason.

Alex Smith gets mentioned multiple times every day on the radio. Callers overwhelming would rather have Alex Smith and Joeckel than any other scenario.

O.city 02-01-2013 03:42 PM

Yeah, and it's maddening.

Messier 02-01-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9370883)
Again, so are we just looking for better than Cassel or good?

I guess you're missing where I'm coming from. I don't see Smith as the answer. I see him as the best option to join a young QB. The Chiefs are drafting a QB 1st or 2nd this year. I don't want Cassel to be the backup, and I don't want the worst FA we can find so that it's the rookie or nothing. Bottom line, I trust Reid with QBs. I trust him to find a good QB in the draft. Heck, in the worst QB year I can remember, he found the best one. As Alex Smith goes, I don't expect him to sign a big deal here, if he wants that he can go elsewhere, but the people saying it'd be Cassel all over again are wrong.

htismaqe 02-01-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9370923)
I guess you're missing where I'm coming from. I don't see Smith as the answer. I see him as the best option to join a young QB. The Chiefs are drafting a QB 1st or 2nd this year. I don't want Cassel to be the backup, and I don't want the worst FA we can find so that it's the rookie or nothing. Bottom line, I trust Reid with QBs. I trust him to find a good QB in the draft. Heck, in the worst QB year I can remember, he found the best one. As Alex Smith goes, I don't expect him to sign a big deal here, if he wants that he can go elsewhere, but the people saying it'd be Cassel all over again are wrong.

Alex Smith is not going to sign a 1-year deal to come in here and tutor a rook. Is anybody paying attention to why the guy is even on the block?

CoMoChief 02-01-2013 03:52 PM

no thanks to mr game manager 1st overall bust

BigMeatballDave 02-01-2013 03:53 PM

Let Albert and Bowe walk.

Sign Alex Smith.

Draft Joeckel #1.

Championship.

Profit.

:)

htismaqe 02-01-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9370936)
Let Albert and Bowe walk.

Sign Alex Smith.

Draft Joeckel #1.

Championship.

Profit.

:)

Put that on Facebook. You'll get 100 likes instantaneously...

Cephalic Trauma 02-01-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9370893)
You're asking for a hypothetical scenario that NEVER happens in the NFL.

Smith is a proven starter in this league. If he comes in here, he will start. There won't be a competition. And there won't be a 1st round QB.

He wants to leave SF for PRECISELY THIS REASON.

This.

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9370895)
Alex Smith gets mentioned multiple times every day on the radio. Callers overwhelming would rather have Alex Smith and Joeckel than any other scenario.

You have the choice to shut it off, you know.

htismaqe 02-01-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9370942)
You have the choice to shut it off, you know.

I prefer stupid to silence.

Messier 02-01-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9370928)
Alex Smith is not going to sign a 1-year deal to come in here and tutor a rook. Is anybody paying attention to why the guy is even on the block?

Smith will be very disappointed then. Because I don't think any team is signing him, and saying, QB position, Solved! He's going to be a short term guy for any team that signs him.