ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:Prodded by Andy Reid, Chiefs QB Alex Smith learning to be more aggressive (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273618)

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9779783)
Speaking of wasting time, since you know whats going to happen already this season don't waste your time watching the Chiefs this year.

I'd rather he stop posting complete and utter nonsense.

J Diddy 06-27-2013 02:24 PM

Go with Dane McDuck. He likes that name.

ptlyon 06-27-2013 02:39 PM

Dane, you're right, and I'm wrong. So very wrong.

And Marcellus, no, that's not an option. I've been watching this train wreck, epic fail, abortion of a team all my life. Can't change that.

So toddle loo, I'll check I'm from time to time.

Chris Meck 06-27-2013 03:06 PM

The only reasonable expectation of any front office is that they take advantage of whatever opportunities are available to improve the team as much as possible.

ANY front office, for ANY team.

You take what is available to you. It's stupid to be mad that there weren't better options.

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9779881)
You take what is available to you. It's stupid to be mad that there weren't better options.

People said this about Matt Cassel.

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9779888)

That's irrelevant. They're mutually exclusive circumstances.

This is just an another example of the false narrative you've created.

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 03:15 PM

I created all those missed third downs, eh?

Ok.

This franchise would have been better off with Josh Freeman in 2009, and we'll look back on 2013 and wish we had another one of the QBs from the draft in 4 years.

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9779900)
This franchise would have been better off with Josh Freeman in 2009, and we'll look back on 2013 and wish we had another one of the QBs from the draft in 4 years.

Wrong.

This draft class sucks. And Freeman has been extremely bad at times, just as many people in this forum predicted.

He would have sucked even worse under Haley and Crennel.

RunKC 06-27-2013 03:23 PM

Josh Freeman is about to be replaced in Tampa. Writing's on the wall.

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9779912)
Wrong.

This draft class sucks. And Freeman has been extremely bad at times, just as many people in this forum predicted.

He would have sucked even worse under Haley and Crennel.

And still would have been a far better option than Cassel.

Shit, at least we'd have a down the field passing game.

It was wrong then, it's wrong now.

Marcellus 06-27-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9779888)

I know you don't have the capacity to process this but not every decision has a definitively correct action.

You can have 5 options in front of you and after all is said and done they can all end in the same result regardless of which one you choose.

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9779917)
And still would have been a far better option than Cassel. Shit, at least we'd have a down the field passing game.

I doubt it. Haley doesn't throw the ball down field and the Chiefs have had no one to stretch the filed.

Did you watch Pittsburgh last year? Read Ben's quotes? He was pissed about the short passing game and even more pissed that his best downfield target walked this off season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Hater
It was wrong then, it's wrong now.

This is ludicrous.

There wasn't a Franchise QB in this draft, period. There wasn't a Franchise QB in free agency. The Chiefs made the best move possible given the lack of options.

Furthermore, you were the guy JUST LAST AUGUST, telling me that Tyler Bray would be a Top Ten draft choice and if the Chiefs could, they should take him. You said he was a Franchise QB.

Just eight months later, he went undratfed and signed with the Chiefs.

How's that for personnel evaluation?

Mav 06-27-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9779464)
**** I hope not.

Quick decisions are NOT his thing.

I can see him protecting the 3...

Incorrect. Actually, that is his thing. He does fine when a play goes exactly as planned. Where he struggled was when things got extended and he was asked to go off script.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9779541)
I didn't say they were the same guy.

The similarities are scary as **** though.

The stats are similar, mostly due to his much over inflated seasons in 07, and 09. Where as Alex Smith has been consistently getting better since 2009. Those are just facts.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9779542)
No, I'm not.

I'm merely pointing out that Alex Smith doesn't help defenses like a top tier QB would.

He's not doing shit for our defense that Matt Cassel couldn't do in 2010.

That's all Matt did in 2010. He didn't turn it over. If that's all Alex is going to do, that's not enough. You want to help the defense? Own third down and extend drives.

That is something Alex Smith has shown time and time again that he can't do.

Wow. So, in your mind, the packers, saints, patriots, all have the BEST defenses in the league? That's essentially what you just said. By the way, the saints just gave up the most PASSING YARDS IN HISTORY!!!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9779678)
Passing shot here, but isn't the trend in competitive avenues is to be naturally aggressive and then learn to be more guarded than the reverse?

It usually is. True, but, Alex Smith was under the thumbs of Mike Nolan, and Mike Singletary, where they wanted no mistakes, and wanted to run the ball at all costs....
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9779927)
I doubt it. Haley doesn't throw the ball down field and the Chiefs have had no one to stretch the filed.

Did you watch Pittsburgh last year? Read Ben's quotes? He was pissed about the short passing game and even more pissed that his best downfield target walked this off season.

This is ludicrous.

There wasn't a Franchise QB in this draft, period. There wasn't a Franchise QB in free agency. The Chiefs made the best move possible given the lack of options.

Furthermore, you were the guy JUST LAST AUGUST, telling me that Tyler Bray would be Top Ten draft choice and if the Chiefs could, they should take him.

Just eight months later, he went undratfed and signed with the Chiefs.

How's that for personnel evaluation?

It still makes me laugh my ass off, that people are so obsessed with the DOWN THE FIELD PASSING GAME. That just makes me laugh my ass off. Who is going to go long to get those passes? The chiefs don't have one single down the field target to even worry about. Alex Smith's skill set, fits the skill set of the personnel on this team.....

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

people are so obsessed with the DOWN THE FIELD PASSING GAME.
It wins games in the NFL.

Period.

Here is a guy on our team who would benefit from a QB who can go deep.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/avery.gif

You won't see Alex Smith hit Avery deep once this year.

Mav 06-27-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9779934)
It wins games in the NFL.

Period.

Here is a guy on our team who would benefit from a QB who can go deep.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/avery.gif

You won't see Alex Smith hit Avery deep once this year.

You know whats funny Clay. In the other thread, you made gifs of Alex Smiths bad throws, but, yet, didn't include the one of his 55 yard bomb to Moss.