ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***Offical 2012 STL Cardinals World Champions Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619)

DJ's left nut 07-08-2012 03:44 PM

Raffy!!!!!!

OnTheWarpath15 07-08-2012 03:44 PM

Catcher did a TERRIBLE job there.

OnTheWarpath15 07-08-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8726094)
Catcher did a TERRIBLE job there.

EDIT: The catcher did a terrible job handling the ball.

DJ's left nut 07-08-2012 03:47 PM

Tip o' the cap to the home plate umpire there. Most umps call Freese out because the throw clearly beat him there. Buck didn't block the plate and get the tag around, Freese did a nice job of finding the back of the plate and the ump got the call right.

Great win. And if you ever wonder if Tyler Greene should be the starting 2b, just go ahead and watch that AB from Danny D. That kid is just a dirt-devil and a smart ballplayer. Greene would've swung out of his shoes 3 times and taken a seat. DD just fought and fought and kept the AB alive long enough to move the line along.

Great great job by Descalso there and a smart AB by Furcal, just swatting at those outside pitches.

BigRedChief 07-08-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8726096)
EDIT: The catcher did a terrible job handling the ball.

He sucks so bad the Royals got rid of him.

BigRedChief 07-08-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8726092)
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER

thats a good way to into the break. :clap:

O.city 07-08-2012 07:14 PM

We went to the game Friday, which was a shitty loss. Anyway, we sat right behind the Marlins dugout. I cam away thinking the Marlins are making a mistake by putting Ramirez at third. He just doesn't see comfortable there and doesn't really know how to play the position very well.

I know some here won't like this, but I think about making a move to bring him to STL to play SS.

BigRedChief 07-08-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8726353)
We went to the game Friday, which was a shitty loss. Anyway, we sat right behind the Marlins dugout. I cam away thinking the Marlins are making a mistake by putting Ramirez at third. He just doesn't see comfortable there and doesn't really know how to play the position very well.

I know some here won't like this, but I think about making a move to bring him to STL to play SS.

no thanks. Too many reported issues in the media with effort. I'm sure there are many more unreported to the public.

He will be may too expensive and with a new stadium, no way they could sell that to the public.

DJ's left nut 07-08-2012 07:48 PM

Don't need boy scouts all over the diamond.

Bring Hanley in, have him play average defense at SS w/ his offensive potential batting 5th in your order and you're much much better for it.

Broken record alert: I'd deal Miller and Cox for Ramirez and Chishek and Oviedo without thinking twice.

BigRedChief 07-08-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8726445)
Don't need boy scouts all over the diamond.

Bring Hanley in, have him play average defense at SS w/ his offensive potential batting 5th in your order and you're much much better for it.

Broken record alert: I'd deal Miller and Cox for Ramirez and Chishek and Oviedo without thinking twice.

I'd be on board with that trade.

whoman69 07-08-2012 09:17 PM

If his D was questionable at short and he can't play 3rd, why not try him at 2nd where we don't have anything anyway? Still, never gonna happen. You can't give up all the pieces you have saved for the future.

DJ's left nut 07-08-2012 09:21 PM

Cox isn't being saved for the future any more than Bryan Anderson is.

The problem with Hanley is the incredible popularity of Rafael Furcal. The team loves the guy. He's a great teammate and his energy is invaluable to the clubhouse.

You don't play him at 2b because he'd pout and because his footwork would be an absolute disaster. Though if you could get him to be a good soldier, play hard and learn the ropes over there, you'd have the best starting 9 in baseball - Rangers included.

OnTheWarpath15 07-09-2012 08:52 AM

Keith Law on Oscar Taveras:

Quote:

The best BPs of the day, in order, belonged to Oscar Taveras (St. Louis Cardinals), Rymer Liriano (San Diego Padres), Mike Olt (Texas Rangers), and Jurickson Profar (Rangers). The first three all showed plus power, while Profar showed that incredibly smooth, easy swing that has him performing like he's about five years older than he actually is. Had the World team held its early lead, Profar probably would have won the game's MVP award.

• Every swing Taveras takes threatens to rupture the fabric of the cosmos, and his ability to take such a forceful hack and still make contact with balls outside the zone earns comparisons to Vladimir Guerrero and the pre-Cub version of Alfonso Soriano. Taveras' raw power in BP was much more than he showed last year in the Arizona Fall League, so that home run spike this year -- he has 17 already in Double-A after hitting eight in an equivalent amount of playing time in A-ball last year -- looks very real.
Apparently, Oscar hit a shot off the scoreboard in CF in BP. That's a ridiculous bomb.

O.city 07-09-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8726624)
Cox isn't being saved for the future any more than Bryan Anderson is.

The problem with Hanley is the incredible popularity of Rafael Furcal. The team loves the guy. He's a great teammate and his energy is invaluable to the clubhouse.

You don't play him at 2b because he'd pout and because his footwork would be an absolute disaster. Though if you could get him to be a good soldier, play hard and learn the ropes over there, you'd have the best starting 9 in baseball - Rangers included.

Furcal
Beltran
Holliday
Craig
Ramirez
Freese
Yadi
Jay
P

Would be pretty solid IMO.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-09-2012 05:13 PM

pre-Cub version of Alfonso Soriano ROFL Wrigley Field, where careers go to die