ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jon Baldwin has been traded to the 49ers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275434)

saphojunkie 08-23-2013 12:15 PM

So, we go from Baldwin, Breaston, and Bowe to Donnie, Dexter, and Devon.

Killer B's to the D-minuses.

Mav 08-23-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9908494)
So, we go from Baldwin, Breaston, and Bowe to Donnie, Dexter, and Devon.

Killer B's to the D-minuses.

But they are much better than the Packers or Saints weapons....

Iowanian 08-23-2013 12:21 PM

I look at it this way with the exact same expectations.

The Chiefs flushed a pioli turd that was a waste of a roster spot and filled it with an UDFA who happened to be a former first rounder. No risk. if he pans out, awesome. If he doesn't, hope he enjoys his job at sizzler.

Mav 08-23-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9908512)
I look at it this way with the exact same expectations.

The Chiefs flushed a pioli turd that was a waste of a roster spot and filled it with an UDFA who happened to be a former first rounder. No risk. if he pans out, awesome. If he doesn't, hope he enjoys his job at sizzler.

Regardless. I believe this next draft is going to be littered with Offensive players.......

qb, wr, interior olinemen.

RealSNR 08-23-2013 12:22 PM

I still liked what Steve Breaston did for this team. I think we could really use him right now, and that we shouldn't have cut him. Bowe, Avery, Breaston isn't nearly as shitty as Bowe, Avery, and... Jenkings? Hemingway? Wylie?

Mav 08-23-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9908515)
I still liked what Steve Breaston did for this team. I think we could really use him right now, and that we shouldn't have cut him. Bowe, Avery, Breaston isn't nearly as shitty as Bowe, Avery, and... Jenkings? Hemingway? Wylie?

No, I have always like Breaston. Perfect 3rd down receiver type. Avery and Bowe on the outside Breaston on the inside. Would of been nice.

Iowanian 08-23-2013 12:27 PM

Didn't Breaston just get cut again?

Mav 08-23-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9908528)
Didn't Breaston just get cut again?

He did. The Chiefs should bring him back.

keg in kc 08-23-2013 12:31 PM

I'm still full (wolverine) homer on Hemingway.

jspchief 08-23-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9908515)

There has to be more to the Breaston story. He didn't last 2 weeks with New Orleans. Wonder if there's an injury or something.

DaFace 08-23-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9908453)
That's Jon Baldwin's problem, too. Looks GREAT in practice! He's a completely different player in the games, though.

It's looking more and more like all the Chiefs and Niners did was waste two airline tickets sending these guys to their new teams.

Chances are you'll be right, but it's a little silly to evaluate a change of scenery when the scenery was only changed a few days ago.

Iowanian 08-23-2013 12:56 PM

Yes. Something is up with Breaston, he's either got an injury or his cheese slid off his cracker. There is a reason he didn't see the field for the Chiefs as down as they were and he was already cut this year....I'd guess he is done.

Marcellus 08-23-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9908631)
Yes. Something is up with Breaston, he's either got an injury or his cheese slid off his cracker. There is a reason he didn't see the field for the Chiefs as down as they were and he was already cut this year....I'd guess he is done.

His knees = hamburger helper.

Mr. Laz 08-23-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9908543)
I'm still full (wolverine) homer on Hemingway.

I liked the pick too.

we still need a vertical threat though.

if we don't stretch the defenses deep then our offense will go into a shell again.

Chief Death 08-23-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9908712)
I liked the pick too.

we still need a vertical threat though.

if we don't stretch the defenses deep then our offense will go into a shell again.

Donnie Avery. Unfortunately the 49er trash doesn't have the arm strength to get it to him.