ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Fallout 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=185615)

J Diddy 03-26-2009 08:58 PM

okay so I downloaded the pitt

and virtually every ****ing slave in the game has disappeared where in the shit fire can I find a slave outfit?

keg in kc 03-26-2009 09:00 PM

I got mine about 60 seconds west of the radio tower, where you get the train to the Pitt. Should be a marker on your map.

J Diddy 03-26-2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5614355)
I got mine about 60 seconds west of the radio tower, where you get the train to the Pitt. Should be a marker on your map.

okay, I didn't try that

I figured i had to acquire one first

Thanks

Kraus 03-26-2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 5613247)
Some problems.... its crashes.... A LOT! I even did the recommended cache clean, which seemed to make it worse and laggy. Now the game wont load because of a scratch on the disc I guess. Its not very big, but when I load from my saved game it freezes soon after, or says it cant read the disc.

Hmm...I've never had it crash on my system (360).

I need to finish up getting some random achievements in some other games so I can get back to this one.

Skyy God 03-28-2009 03:59 PM

IGN rates the Pitt a 7.5 due to glitches.

March 27, 2009 - Shortly after it was first put up for download on Xbox Live, the second downloadable add-on for Fallout 3, The Pitt, had to be pulled from a corrupted file. It took roughly a day for Bethesda and Microsoft to work everything out and get a fixed version back up for purchase. Even so, I found this "working" version to be a bumpy ride due to crashes, audio glitches, and other bugs that soured my experience with an otherwise fun expansion. If you make it through The Pitt without any of the glitches, you'll find an add-on that is better than the first Fallout 3 add-on, Operation Anchorage, in near every way. Just be prepared for an experience that isn't fully polished.

The Pitt offers a series of quests that take place in Pittsburgh, a former industrial giant of a city that wasn't hit with the brunt of the nuclear war. It has, however, gone into decay and a warlord has risen up to enslave the local population. When one of these slaves escapes to the Capital Wasteland looking for a savior who can also find a cure for the sickness that is slowly killing everyone, your hero takes up the challenge. And so it's off to Pittsburgh where you'll sneak into the slave colony and work from the inside to topple the establishment.

While Operation Anchorage had a heavy emphasis on combat, The Pitt follows more closely to the style of play that the main Fallout 3 game lays out. You'll do a lot of investigating, find a few side quests, and be forced to make a morally gray choice between two great evils. There's cursing, blood and a distressed population waiting for an evil player to mess around with. In short, if you are really jonesing for new places to explore and quests to complete, The Pitt is just what the doctor ordered.

There are new toys to play around with, too. Aside from a few new perks, you'll find some equippable goodies during your travels in Pittsburgh. The ruler of city, Ashur, has a sweet set of unique armor that you'll definitely want. The main new weapon addition, the auto-axe, is a bloody good time. And if you want to complete a collect-a-thon that requires you to fetch 100 pieces of steel strewn about Pittsburgh, you can earn an achievement and a variety of unique weapons and armor.

Unlike Operation Anchorage, which forced you to do everything in the first run through, you can actually go back to Pittsburgh after completing all of the quests and returning to the Capital Wasteland. Kudos to Bethesda for recognizing that people like exploring areas they've paid for even after the quests are done. There's good reason to come back, too, since the city doesn't just go to sleep and become static after the quests are done.

And in that way, The Pitt feels more like a natural extension of the game than Operation Anchorage ever could. There's a new region, characters to meet and things to do, and it all feels organic and fitting in terms of visual style, presentation, and gameplay. Unfortunately, I ran into more bugs while playing The Pitt than I did in the entirety of my first play through of the main game (which was a relatively smooth expereience). It crashed on me a couple of times. Numerous times characters got caught in audio glitches and kept repeating the same dialogue to me over and over. When I tried to reload a save and play through the end again making different choices, things slowly unraveled until the game became unplayable and my character was continuously attacking without me pushing any buttons.

All of the new content in the download will last you about four or five hours if you do everything. Just going through the main quest line will obviously take less time, and you're looking at about three or four hours to do that.

Closing Comments

If I hadn't experienced so many bugs while playing through The Pitt, I would wholeheartedly recommend it. The download might be a little short for your money, depending on your tastes and how much bang you expect for your buck, but the quests are fun and The Pitt matches that feeling of despair that Fallout 3 does so well. If you can make it through without any glitches, you'll find a lot to like here. Until a patch comes, good luck.

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/967/967052p1.html

kcxiv 03-28-2009 04:11 PM

Will trade Fallout 3 for SFIV if anyone is interested. I only played it 3 times. Its brand new still.

Hammock Parties 03-28-2009 05:07 PM

PC gaming forever

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3157

Buck 04-06-2009 10:44 AM

Hey guys, I just put Fallout 3 back into my PS3 for the first time since......NOVEMBER 28, 2008!!!

Wow, 5 Months without Fallout!

Anyhow, don't give me spoilers.

I'm wrapping these in spoilers just incase, but since I am not too far into the game, you guys can all probably read this.

Spoiler!

Hammock Parties 04-06-2009 01:47 PM

The Pitt was good fun. It crashed A LOT on me though.

I think my favorite part was when you first go looking for ingots. Great atmosphere. I liked having all my weapons stripped away. Wish there had been more Trogs, though. Didn't feel dangerous enough.

Funnily enough I missed the locker with my gear after winning the Arena, so I had to use gimped up stuff to finish the storyline.

The only thing I'll say is that the ending was sort of unsatisfying to me. It didn't feel epic enough.

Buck 04-09-2009 01:29 PM

Did I ever mention this is the Greatest ****ing Game ever?

Its so fun just to roam around.

I've spent about 12 hours playing the last 3 days, and I've only accomplished 2 missions. The rest I've just been running around killing me some Raiders and Super-Mutants.

I finally found a sniper rifle last night too, which is sick. I cant seem to hit anything with it though.

Anyways, does somebody know of a guide that shows me where I can find all the Bobbleheads?

Also, should I dump my PS3 version for the 360 for the DL Content?

I do have one story-line related question that I'll put in spoilers

Spoiler!

Fire Me Boy! 04-09-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MediaCenterJunkie (Post 5654582)
Did I ever mention this is the Greatest ****ing Game ever?

I've spent about 12 hours playing the last 3 days, and I've only accomplished 2 missions. The rest I've just been running around killing me some Raiders and Super-Mutants.

I finally found a sniper rifle last night too, which is sick. I cant seem to hit anything with it though.

Anyways, does somebody know of a guide that shows me where I can find all the Bobbleheads?

Also, should I dump my PS3 version for the 360 for the DL Content?

I do have one story-line related question that I'll put in spoilers

Spoiler!

This is a step-by-step guide to everything. Look up the mission's name, or look up bobbleheads, or whatever you want to know.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3

As for the mission in question:

Spoiler!

Buck 04-09-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5654743)
This is a step-by-step guide to everything. Look up the mission's name, or look up bobbleheads, or whatever you want to know.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3

As for the mission in question:

Spoiler!

Sweet. I'm guessing that I didn't get the Android right.

Hammock Parties 04-09-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MediaCenterJunkie (Post 5654582)

That's what I end up wasting hours doing. Just walking the wastelands with the gauss sniper rifle, picking shit off at random. Listening to the eerie music.

What I really love doing is picking off cars with my Blackhawk 44. I am become death. Destroyer of rusted out automobiles.

Fire Me Boy! 04-09-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MediaCenterJunkie (Post 5654752)
Sweet. I'm guessing that I didn't get the Android right.

What do you mean you didn't get it right? Find Pinkerton...

Buck 04-09-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5654926)
What do you mean you didn't get it right? Find Pinkerton...

Is Pinkerton the guy in Rivet City that everyone has different opinions about what happened to him?