ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Raiders Trade for Carson Palmer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251389)

Rausch 10-19-2011 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 8005930)
What do the Raiders and Bengals have in common?

They are both 4-2 WITHOUT Carson Palmer.

Best point I've seen you make.

Looks familiar...:hmmm:

Chronic 10-19-2011 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 8005906)
Based on what, his stellar playoff career record?

For that price and Hue's claim that this is the greatest trade in the NFL, he better be getting the Raiders to at least a Super Bowl, otherwise in four years he'll be nearing the end, the Raiders will be getting older and losing players to free agency, and won't have the consistent influx of top-flight talent from previous drafts to keep things going...

You keep clingin hope to Cassel..

The Raiders will show you Chiefs how to win a playoff game okay?

SenselessChiefsFan 10-19-2011 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronic (Post 8005929)
The Jets

And had the Bills by 21-3 in the half and went into a prevent and the Bills won it with seconds left

Raiders are a nut hair away from being 5-1

Deal with it hillbilly

Yeah, and a nut hair away from being 3-3.

The 3-3 Jets are the good team you beat?

SenselessChiefsFan 10-19-2011 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8005933)
Best point I've seen you make.

Looks familiar...:hmmm:

Did you say this same thing?

If so, sorry for the REPOST. Although, it is funny, no matter how many times it gets posted.

SenselessChiefsFan 10-19-2011 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montane (Post 8005932)
Crippled Texans team? For key players, the Texans didn't have Andre Johnson. The Raiders didn't have Louis Murphy, Marcel Reece and rookie CB Chimdi Chekwa who'd been playing pretty well for an injured Chris Johnson.

Crippled is an exaggeration.

Yeah, and their all pro DE going out didn't help either.

Dave Lane 10-19-2011 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 8005774)
Herm Edwards loves the trade.

Why? The Raiders are a run first team. They care less about Palmer carrying the team and completion percentage. They just want someone to heave the ball downfield.

That is when Golic brought up how poorly Palmer has done passing downfield in the last few seasons.

I just found Herm's reasoning pretty odd.

You just now found Herms reasoning odd? JFC I'd be surprised if I ever saw it non odd even for like two minutes.

Dave Lane 10-19-2011 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronic (Post 8005934)

I hope you win one this year and then never win a game again which is possible since you won't have a 1st round pick till 2014.

SenselessChiefsFan 10-19-2011 08:44 AM

Quote:

First, they actually have to make the playoffs.

Which they last did with the team that Gruden built.

Gruden isn't there anymore. And, he JUST signed a new deal with MNF....so he isn't coming back.

Rausch 10-19-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

While you're at it have George Michael teach Neil Patrick Harris how not to be gay...

http://www.insidesocal.com/outinholl...2C%2Cnph22.jpg

SenselessChiefsFan 10-19-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 8005943)
You just now found Herms reasoning odd? JFC I'd be surprised if I ever saw it non odd even for like two minutes.

Good Point.

DBOSHO 10-19-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montane (Post 8005932)
Crippled Texans team? For key players, the Texans didn't have Andre Johnson. The Raiders didn't have Louis Murphy, Marcel Reece and rookie CB Chimdi Chekwa who'd been playing pretty well for an injured Chris Johnson.

Crippled is an exaggeration.

Keep telling yourself that, boss.

SenselessChiefsFan 10-19-2011 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 8005949)
I hope you win one this year and then never win a game again which is possible since you won't have a 1st round pick till 2014.

No, I would much rather see them tank this year and give up a top 10 pick and then a top 10 second round pick.

As the franchise players are coming off the board and the Raiders can do nothing but watch and realize they traded for fools gold.... that would be sweet.

Rausch 10-19-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 8005956)
No, I would much rather see them tank this year and give up a top 10 pick and then a top 10 second round pick.

As the franchise players are coming off the board and the Raiders can do nothing but watch and realize they traded for fools gold.... that would be sweet.

Have to admit, that would be be the best schadenfreude in a good long while...

Sofa King 10-19-2011 08:48 AM

Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. doesn’t think Palmer is a top player anymore.

“Palmer does fit the offense, and I think he might, might, be an upgrade over Campbell,” Williamson said. “But I think Oakland way overpaid for an older quarterback that really has not played well for the past few years. He used to be an elite passer, but I haven’t seen that in quite a while. He doesn’t move well. I do think a change of scenery will help him. But he also had led the league in near-interceptions, and his decision-making is just average. He isn’t close to what he once was.”

JD10367 10-19-2011 08:48 AM

At first glance it looks like they overpaid. But he's had good numbers (aside from one injury year), is only 31, and the Bengals were a train wreck when he decided to hold out. It's not a great deal by any means, but the Raiders have never cared about draft picks. As a Patriots fan, though, I'm just pissed off that the Bengals drained the well; Belichick usually gets those 1s and 2s from Oakland. :D