ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs CHIEFS ***OFFICIALLY*** SIGN TYLER BRAY (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272676)

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-07-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9736191)
Given his current girth he could probably start a LG or NT next season. And we all know this team loves the fatties.

LMAO:facepalm:

Mr_Tomahawk 06-07-2013 03:13 PM

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/6...ver-under-wins

Tribal Warfare 06-08-2013 02:32 AM

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...ressing-in-k-c

Kansas City coach Andy Reid is excited about undrafted free-agent, quarterback Tyler Bray. He was expected to go in the mid-rounds. But because of worries about his overall inconsistencies he went undrafted. Yet, Bray was strong this spring with the Chiefs. He has a very strong chance of sticking on the 53-man roster as the No. 3 quarterback, where he would start the process of a being a developmental player. “I’ll tell you, he did a nice job. He did a really nice job,” Reid told reporters in Kansas City on Thursday. “You never know until you get them here. He’s in a good room, so he’s got good examples around him as players. He’s got coaches that have played the game and the position in there. He’s embraced that and really focused in. The fact is that he did a nice job and improved every day. He was a bit like a sponge just taking everything in. I was impressed.”

Mr_Tomahawk 06-08-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9737429)
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...ressing-in-k-c

Kansas City coach Andy Reid is excited about undrafted free-agent, quarterback Tyler Bray. He was expected to go in the mid-rounds. But because of worries about his overall inconsistencies he went undrafted. Yet, Bray was strong this spring with the Chiefs. He has a very strong chance of sticking on the 53-man roster as the No. 3 quarterback, where he would start the process of a being a developmental player. “I’ll tell you, he did a nice job. He did a really nice job,” Reid told reporters in Kansas City on Thursday. “You never know until you get them here. He’s in a good room, so he’s got good examples around him as players. He’s got coaches that have played the game and the position in there. He’s embraced that and really focused in. The fact is that he did a nice job and improved every day. He was a bit like a sponge just taking everything in. I was impressed.”

....When asked about Ricky Stanzi, Coach Reid responded, "Who...?"

Titty Meat 06-08-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9737476)
....When asked about Ricky Stanzi, Coach Reid responded, "Who...?"

Lawlz. I heard AFL scouts were on hand to watch Stanzi.

Tribal Warfare 06-08-2013 01:08 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Pool time it's way to hot. <a href="http://t.co/Odfi43ANbS" title="http://instagram.com/p/aTwqZLQQtD/">instagram.com/p/aTwqZLQQtD/</a></p>&mdash; Tyler Bray (@tbrayvol8) <a href="https://twitter.com/tbrayvol8/status/343440819547693056">June 8, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

rico 06-08-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9737591)
Lawlz. I heard AFL scouts were on hand to watch Stanzi.

Nice... NFL/Chiefs come first, but I wouldn't mind having an AFL team to follow. :) Haha, no seriously, if he did go to the AFL or CFL, I probably would end up rooting for and following that team. No, I'm not saying I'd jump shark and leave the Chiefs for an AFL team...just saying, I'd have another team besides the Chiefs, Cardinals, Thunder and Irish to root for.

If it's one thing that is consistently prevalent in Stanzi games, it's the fun factor. Dude was like a roller coaster. Closest I ever was or probably ever will be to making a full-fledged Irish to Hawk fan conversion.

Cannibal 06-08-2013 01:55 PM

Can't wait to see Bray this preseason.

I'd like to see them cut bait with Stanzi prior to preseason so Bray can get all the late game playing time in order showcase his arm.

rico 06-08-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9737884)
Can't wait to see Bray this preseason.

I'd like to see them cut bait with Stanzi prior to preseason so Bray can get all the late game playing time in order showcase his arm.

I love Stanzi and am bummed that he will presumably be cut, but if we were going to add anyone to the roster (with an exception of Geno) in place of him, it'd be Bray. I've been on the Braywagon since his 2011 college season. I can't wait to see him in the preseason. Can't freaking wait.

Now Chase Daniel on the other hand... Ugh, WHY?!?!?!

Cannibal 06-08-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9737898)
I love Stanzi and am bummed that he will presumably be cut, but if we were going to add anyone to the roster (with an exception of Geno) in place of him, it'd be Bray. I've been on the Braywagon since his 2011 college season. I can't wait to see him in the preseason. Can't freaking wait.

Now Chase Daniel on the other hand... Ugh, WHY?!?!?!

Yeah, that's why I'm hoping Bray will dominate in the preseason and see what shakes out from it.

His arm is going to stand out big time from both Alex and Daniel.

However, his decision making might as well.

mcaj22 06-08-2013 02:05 PM

is it a realistic possible scenario that Chase Daniel stinks up TC and preseason so bad they consider keeping both Stanzi and Bray?

Would they do that, or am I giving these new coaches too much credit and they will protect guys with contracts just like Scooter did. Point I'm making I'd like to see the best competition win and not guys favored over money owed or years experienced in the NFL.

I do think Chase is ****ing terrible garbage and not even viable as a 2 whereas Stanzi would be picked up immediately by a lot of teams in the NFL I think. Chicago comes to mind, they have Josh ****ing McCown as their #2 and just worked out Jamarcus Russel and Trent Edwards lol. Stanzi is better than those turds at least

SAUTO 06-08-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9737902)
is it a realistic possible scenario that Chase Daniel stinks up TC and preseason so bad they consider keeping both Stanzi and Bray?

Would they do that, or am I giving these new coaches too much credit and they will protect guys with contracts just like Scooter did. Point I'm making I'd like to see the best competition win and not guys favored over money owed or years experienced in the NFL.

I do think Chase is ****ing terrible garbage and not even viable as a 2 whereas Stanzi would be picked up immediately by a lot of teams in the NFL I think. Chicago comes to mind, they have Josh ****ing McCown as their #2 and just worked out Jamarcus Russel and Trent Edwards lol. Stanzi is better than those turds at least

stanzi hasn't shown to be better than fatmarcus. Hell he hasn't shown to be better than anyone.

And 4.5 million, iirc, guaranteed to chase probably means he's going to be here
Posted via Mobile Device

rico 06-08-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9737902)

I am in the "bargaining" stage of coping with the loss of Stanzi. Your questions in this post are the same ones I keep asking myself.

mcaj22 06-08-2013 02:16 PM

I try and think of the pros and cons.

Chase is smaller, chubbier, and has a noodle arm.

Stanzi has the height and arm, needs the development.

Neither guy has any relevant NFL sample size to determine who is actually better.

Why I think they wanted Chase now is because he can run that Pistol offense like Alex Smith, and Bray can be the developmental traditional big armed QB they can bring along slowly, essentially "our" Nick Foles.

When the Alex Smith/Chase Daniel Pistol/Spread shit offense is a failure for the next 1 or 2 seasons they will overhaul the offense to fit a big armed pocket passer like Bray. Which I can see happening.

SAUTO 06-08-2013 02:18 PM

I just think Stanzi and chase both probably suck.

Although chase has played in the pre season well, I guess
Posted via Mobile Device