ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Did Alex Smith remind you of Matt Cassel tonight? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275378)

Sorter 08-19-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 9899811)
Well, to be fair, with Megatron's reach, isn't that what Stafford is doing already?

wut

Jakemall 08-19-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9899818)
I really don't know...I am not unbiased right now.....

I'm just mainly joking trying to bring a laugh to what I see as a shitty situation

Sorry...it was a joke on my part too. Megatron is one of those WRs that makes QBs...his span is freakish...hence the joke.

I think Stafford has power in his throws...but he's not accurate which plays well with a WR like Megatron who is fast and has probably the largest reach of any WR in the NFL.

Hammock Parties 08-19-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 9899827)
I think Stafford has power in his throws...but he's not accurate .

Garbage.

Jakemall 08-19-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9899826)
wut

It was a joke.

Jakemall 08-19-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9899831)
Garbage.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...ords-mechanics

Okay. You win. He's garbage.

Pablo 08-19-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 9899821)
If by arm you mean that he can throw far...I'll agree.

Yeah. He can throw far and hard.

Things Alex Smith can't do.

Don't know why anybody would want a guy like that on their team.

ViperVisor 08-19-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9899831)
Garbage.

Quote:

Of our five “bad” charts, one of Skelton or Lindley ranks first in four of them. You get the point. They aren’t good. Going forward, I’ll stop commenting on them. Many are skeptical of Matthew Stafford’s abilities because of his heavy reliance on Calvin Johnson. This chart showing Stafford’s struggles in the 0-to-9 yard range gives his doubters additional ammunition.
profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/03/20/adot-adjusted-completion-percentage/

Pablo 08-19-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Sorry...it was a joke on my part too. Megatron is one of those WRs that makes QBs...his span is freakish...hence the joke.

I think Stafford has power in his throws...but he's not accurate which plays well with a WR like Megatron who is fast and has probably the largest reach of any WR in the NFL.

I won't disagree that his career average of 59.8 should be up a couple of ticks, but Stafford is a talented QB who happens to have the best WR in a decade on his team.

Hammock Parties 08-19-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 9899836)

As accurate as your lovey, Alex Smith. Considering a far greater percentage of his throws are going down the field, he's vastly superior.

http://i.imgur.com/9w1Iktt.jpg

We BOTH know Alex Smith would have led that 2011 Lions team straight to hell considering their shitty defense and running game, so don't even start.

Sorter 08-19-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

I would argue that Stafford is indeed accurate and has at times displayed absolutely elite ball placement with varying levels of velocity/touch on short/int/deep throws.

The problem with his "accuracy" stems largely from footwork despite his release/throwing motion (which plenty seem to believe is the culprit).

Sorter 08-19-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViperVisor (Post 9899840)
profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/03/20/adot-adjusted-completion-percentage/

Those struggles in that area can also be a factor of Linehan's Coryell variant.

Pablo 08-19-2013 05:26 PM

LMAO

Of course one of the Niner trolls in this thread doesn't think the guy that beat them in the SB is all that.

Yeah, Flacco is just meh.

Ming the Merciless 08-19-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9899849)
LMAO

Of course one of the Niner trolls in this thread doesn't think the guy that beat them in the SB is all that.

Wait till cap chokes this season....

I cant wait for the 9er train to come off the tracks this season

I actually liked the 9ers before all these pussies showed up

Sandy Vagina 08-19-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9899849)
LMAO

I like and respect Flacco. He played far better than I expected, so I gave him props for that. I still think he is overrated, if people are locking him in as elite. (and if no one is, then fine) When SF played Minnesota early on, Ponder played well above his ability.. it was just his day. Now Flacco clearly is much better than Ponder.. but he still played above his normal that SB day also.

... and Flacco's contract? oh my...

Sandy Vagina 08-19-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9899851)
Wait till cap chokes this season....

I cant wait for the 9er train to come off the tracks this season

I actually liked the 9ers before all these pussies showed up

well then, you are easily malleable... pussy! :D