ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The list of 85 by Roastmaster Saul Good. And hey, it's actually saul good. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273212)

Simply Red 06-04-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digger (Post 9729669)

jyes,

I watched Darren Creek beat some dudes ass there, I saw the KeyStoners - they were a jean jacket gang of sorts. Freaks vs Jocks. I saw Frankie and Joey Falco breakdance - dudes were dope.

Saul Good 06-04-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9729342)
Pootie, you should just stick with the ones on Saul's list. In one post, he outdid every lame attempt at smack you've tried so far. He only wrote a couple of them himself, but still, it probably took him a while to compile the list. Big shout out to Saul's former partner - the one who's responsible for all of Saul's free time during the day. If that dude hadn't forced Saul out of the company he started with his parents' money, Saul might actually be working, or playing golf, or doing other executive things, not sitting in his den raging hate at a guy who reminds him of that fat kid who kicked his ass in high school in front of all his friends.

It's also good that Saul worked out so much rage today over the internet, because seriously, his wife and kids need some time for the bruises to heal.

Anyway, well done! I'll have to remember some of those. LMAO

We should all play, "how many factual inaccuracies can you find in this post".

Donger 06-04-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9729638)
LMAO

Actually, from what I've seen, it would either be that or we would get along famously.

lcarus 06-04-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9729670)
no way - very disproportionate. Weird stork like body.

Not even after getting shitfaced or somethin? I mean, you could treat her really bad and just let her really have it. You'd have a story to tell forever (that you completely wrecked Lionel Richie's vulnerable mess of a daughter)

Titty Meat 06-04-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9729645)
Dane McCloud entered a thread and it actually got more intelligent.

WTF?

Then we all read your post and got less intelligent.

digger 06-04-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9729675)
jyes,

I watched Darren Creek beat some dudes ass there, I saw the KeyStoners - they were a jean jacket gang of sorts. Freaks vs Jocks. I saw Frankie and Joey Falco breakdance - dudes were dope.

:LOL: I remember that...........

Simply Red 06-04-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9729697)
Not even after getting shitfaced or somethin? I mean, you could treat her really bad and just let her really have it. You'd have a story to tell forever (that you completely wrecked Lionel Richie's vulnerable mess of a daughter)

if i still drank - maybe if I were drunk - yes.

Donger 06-04-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9729652)
Dane, could you get me w/ Lionel Richie's daughter?

http://i.imgur.com/jvR4jz3.jpg

Christ, is she escaping from Auschwitz?

Hootie 06-04-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9729645)
Dane McCloud entered a thread and it actually got more intelligent.

WTF?

not hard to do when Frazod, KC Tattoo and ROR were parading around all day making every good poster following the thread quickly move on to something more entertaining...you know, like watching paint dry and watching reruns of Who's the Boss

lcarus 06-04-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9729720)
if i still drank - maybe if I were drunk - yes.

She has the feet of a gargoyle. A real turnoff for me personally.

Simply Red 06-04-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digger (Post 9729719)
:LOL: I remember that...........

Eddie Hoffman - Doug Hoffmans brother was the kingpin. LMAO John Stock was our class' badass - mother****er could fight.

Simply Red 06-04-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9729731)
She has the feet of a gargoyle. A real turnoff for me personally.

yes they're disgusting. I hate her.

lcarus 06-04-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9729734)
yes they're disgusting. I hate her.

I seem to remember her being a hell of a lot better looking in the past. I guess that's what heavy drug use can do to a chick...

Hootie 06-04-2013 08:35 PM

at this point...and it has been this way for years

I've rubbed MANY, MANY, MANY CP lifer regs the wrong way...which is fine. I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to entertain myself (and others).

I'm not sure many of those regulars other than maybe Dartgod would read this entire thread and come to the conclusion that Frazod has proven any point other than he's a complete dipshit in this thread.

It's been bad. Really bad. Embarrassingly bad. You'd think a guy who's been here since the start with almost 100,000 posts would know how to not embarass himself on this site by now...

but my Christ...Frazod really is awful.

Hammock Parties 06-04-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9729730)
not hard to do when Frazod, KC Tattoo and ROR were parading around all day making every good poster following the thread quickly move on to something more entertaining...you know, like watching paint dry and watching reruns of Who's the Boss

I always wanted Tony Donza to **** the shit out of that MILF on who's the boss...but I always thought "man he could do WAY better than that slag."

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm...9496o1_400.jpg

Never in TV history has a bitch been in more dire need of a hate ****ing.

LoneWolf 06-04-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9729730)

WTF is wrong with Who's the Boss? Anything with Alyssa Milano is better than anything in this thread and Tony Danza is one of th most underrated actors of our time.

lcarus 06-04-2013 08:39 PM

Yeah Douchemaster General. You should be ashamed of yourself. You might consider being the first person in history to tar and feather themselves for the sake of all humanity.

Kidding. I don't know what's going on in here.

Hootie 06-04-2013 08:39 PM

I don't know man...Who's the Boss was probably pretty awesome I was just typing to type like usual. You think I have any idea what I'm going to say when I type up a 'roast'? No. I just type and if I like what I typed when I'm done I copy and paste and post.

Donger 06-04-2013 08:40 PM

I had a thing for the grandmother. I'm not proud of it, but there it is.

Donger 06-04-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9729758)
I don't know man...Who's the Boss was probably pretty awesome I was just typing to type like usual. You think I have any idea what I'm going to say when I type up a 'roast'? No. I just type and if I like what I typed when I'm done I copy and paste and post.

You type things out, then copy and paste them?

LoneWolf 06-04-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9729761)

If I remember correctly, she was slutty. Is that how you like em, old and slutty?

lcarus 06-04-2013 08:42 PM

Did you also find Blanche from Golden Girls hot? Imagine getting a double bj from Mona and Blanche.

Hootie 06-04-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9729763)
You type things out, then copy and paste them?

I open a notepad...scroll through the Members List...find a name that I think deserves the spot I'm 'roasting'...click on the name, write down 'Join Date' and 'Total Posts'...and then I refresh myself by looking at their thread history via statistics...check out their friends list...and start typing.

Hootie 06-04-2013 08:44 PM

except for Mecca...I just needed his Join Date and Total Posts...everything else was easy. Him and I have history.

Donger 06-04-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9729764)
If I remember correctly, she was slutty. Is that how you like em, old and slutty?

No. I just kind of liked her spirit. But, upon reflection, yes I think she was rather slutty.

I also wanted to beat the sister on that show with the guy who turned all born again Christiany.

Donger 06-04-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9729767)
I open a notepad...scroll through the Members List...find a name that I think deserves the spot I'm 'roasting'...click on the name, write down 'Join Date' and 'Total Posts'...and then I refresh myself by looking at their thread history via statistics...check out their friends list...and start typing.

Oh, so just for the pick posts. Thanks.

BossChief 06-04-2013 08:51 PM

Thats strange. I watched an episode of who's the boss yesterday for the first time in probably 20 years.

wazu 06-04-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9729781)
Thats strange. I watched an episode of who's the boss yesterday for the first time in probably 20 years.

Big day, huh?

Pasta Little Brioni 06-04-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9729589)
you strike me as Mighty Mighty Bosstones or the Lone Justice type even. Did you like Book of Love? I know you like Reverend - so that's dope.

LMAO at Donger listening to the Bosstones

Hammock Parties 06-04-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9729781)

Holy ****. :LOL:

Is this what you do when waiting to go on service calls?

Catch some Who's The Boss? Some Price Is Right?

-King- 06-04-2013 08:59 PM

So... is the OP really going to have 101 names in it PGM? Even with the spoiler tags, it's still going to be ridiculously big.

Frazod 06-04-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9729741)
at this point...and it has been this way for years

I've rubbed MANY, MANY, MANY CP lifer regs the wrong way...which is fine. I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to entertain myself (and others).

I'm not sure many of those regulars other than maybe Dartgod would read this entire thread and come to the conclusion that Frazod has proven any point other than he's a complete dipshit in this thread.

It's been bad. Really bad. Embarrassingly bad. You'd think a guy who's been here since the start with almost 100,000 posts would know how to not embarass himself on this site by now...

but my Christ...Frazod really is awful.

LMAO You're going to be butthurt over this forever, aren't you?

Awesome.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-04-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9729801)
So... is the OP really going to have 101 names in it PGM? Even with the spoiler tags, it's still going to be ridiculously big.

Yeah, I was thinking about that earlier. At this rate though, it'll be a freaking month before I have to worry about it.

BigCatDaddy 06-04-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9729764)

I believe Donger also had a thing for Doctor Polaski.

BossChief 06-04-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9729799)
Holy ****. :LOL:

Is this what you do when waiting to go on service calls?

Catch some Who's The Boss? Some Price Is Right?

Haha. I was bored and was flipping channels and saw Tony in an Iowa sweater and got stuck watching the episode.

But yeah, I have logged into a customers wifi while waiting for them and watched tv on the iPad while waiting for.

I used to train for the Directv hsp in cedar rapids a few years back and would have to ride along with techs I was training for a week before setting them free (after classroom training) and some would pick it all up quickly and I would literally bring a small tv and ps3 and sit in the van letting them do ALL of the work while I watched a movie or played games. I not only got paid for the time, but also the install as piecework.

Everyone used to joke about it that I'd be getting 21 dollars an hour while also collecting the 100 or so dollars for the install all for doing nothing except for checking their work afterwards.

There were techs that would do 3 installs in a day while training and I would get paid for all 3 plus my hourly wage and end up clearing almost 500 dollars in a day while doing little except playing games/watching movies.

patteeu 06-04-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9729563)
A different contrast ratio of the same shot?

LMAO

Frazod 06-04-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9729756)
Yeah Douchemaster General. You should be ashamed of yourself. You might consider being the first person in history to tar and feather themselves for the sake of all humanity.

Kidding. I don't know what's going on in here.

I'm making Pootie cry. I didn't post for several hours and he's so screwed up with rage that he still couldn't quit whining about me. I love it. God knows I've played puppetmaster with my share of morons on this board over the years, but Pootie's really up there. So far the only thing I haven't accomplished yet is goading him into making a death threat, so at least he's not quite as stupid as Tom Cash. But that may only be because he's too much of pussy for that to even cross his mind.

Hootie 06-04-2013 09:15 PM

I'M GOING TO KILL YOU YOU FAT ****

cosmo20002 06-04-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9729761)

The English seem to have a thing for GILFs. Probably because of the Queen or something.

Donger 06-04-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9729826)
I believe Donger also had a thing for Doctor Polaski.

Crusher/Polaski sandwich. Polaski on the bottom, massaging my prostate.

J Diddy 06-04-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9729840)
The English seem to have a thing for GILFs. Probably because of the Queen or something.

Hmmm

I know of no GILF.

Buck 06-04-2013 09:22 PM

Does anyone have those pics of Mecca's "Girlfriend"? I think she was on dumpster sluts or something like that.

BigCatDaddy 06-04-2013 09:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9729843)
Crusher/Polaski sandwich. Polaski on the bottom, massaging my prostate.

Hootie 06-04-2013 09:23 PM

I just think it's funny that I'm calmly trying to explain to him that this thread has really hurt his 'e-brand' because he's just been awful...

but apparently he's too hungry to understand

Saul Good 06-04-2013 09:27 PM

Can't wear leather belts because cow hides don't get long enough

Changed religions to avoid fasting

Switched to Catholicism just for the wafers

He ate the bones

Tired of never being invited to parties to play drinking games, he invented eating games

Swallowed a horse to catch a cow. Swallowed a cow to catch a dog. Swallowed a dog to catch a cat. Swallowed a cat to catch a bird. Swallowed a bird to catch a spider. Swallowed a spider to catch a fly. Why did he swallow a fly? Because he's a fat **** who will eat anything that doesn't eat him first.

Never swims because he has never gone an hour without eating.

Always wondered why his ukulele sounded weird...found out it was a cello.

Once laughed so hard milkshake came out his nose

Ate his grandmother's entire gold coin collection in hopes that one would contain chocolate

Once faked being in a coma just so he could have his own feeding tube

Actually shot his fridge because it was mad at it for being empty

Orders a diet Coke to go with his 5 Big Macs and large fries from McDonalds so he doesn't seem like such a fat turd...secretly fills up his cup with regular Coke.

Encourages people to say grace before meals just so he can sneak food from their plates while their eyes are closed

Sucks on his own fat tits regularly just in case milk comes out

Would out drink hootie, but time spent drinking is time not spent eating...so that's out.

Trains for pie eating contests

Is only an asshole when he's hungry

When most people want food, they can call and ask for delivery. Frazod gets transferred to catering.

**literally erased easily the best one because I heard God tell me that I was going to hell if I posted it...honest. It was so funny that I almost hit Submit. I am not lying about this.**

Donger 06-04-2013 09:28 PM

Holy shit. Dr. Polaski was in the the original Star Trek? I had no idea...

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...psaf2a6b5e.jpg

Hootie 06-04-2013 09:29 PM

I liked the 'never swims because he's never gone an hour without eating one'...that was awesome.

Frazod 06-04-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9729872)
Can't wear leather belts because cow hides don't get long enough

Changed religions to avoid fasting

Switched to Catholicism just for the wafers

He ate the bones

Tired of never being invited to parties to play drinking games, he invented eating games

Swallowed a horse to catch a cow. Swallowed a cow to catch a dog. Swallowed a dog to catch a cat. Swallowed a cat to catch a bird. Swallowed a bird to catch a spider. Swallowed a spider to catch a fly. Why did he swallow a fly? Because he's a fat **** who will eat anything that doesn't eat him first.

Never swims because he has never gone an hour without eating.

Always wondered why his ukulele sounded weird...found out it was a cello.

Once laughed so hard milkshake came out his nose

Ate his grandmother's entire gold coin collection in hopes that one would contain chocolate

Once faked being in a coma just so he could have his own feeding tube

Actually shot his fridge because it was mad at it for being empty

Orders a diet Coke to go with his 5 Big Macs and large fries from McDonalds so he doesn't seem like such a fat turd...secretly fills up his cup with regular Coke.

Encourages people to say grace before meals just so he can sneak food from their plates while their eyes are closed

Sucks on his own fat tits regularly just in case milk comes out

Would out drink hootie, but time spent drinking is time not spent eating...so that's out.

Trains for pie eating contests

<<literally erased easily the best one because I heard God tell me that I was going to hell if I posted it...honest. It was so funny that I almost hit Submit. I am not lying about this.>>

LMAO Where are you getting this shit? I mean, I realize you wrote the refrigerator one, but the rest - some of that is really clever.

Too clever for a nasty failure of a trust fund baby to write.

Direckshun 06-04-2013 09:33 PM

I'll vouch for what has been a really sad showing by frazod in this thread. He's pretty much just sad all over the forum, but threads like these where it's allowed to stretch out and really put his back to it really make it clear.

I'm not particularly sad for him, I'm sure he looks at his time on ChiefsPlanet as well spent, somehow. I'm sad for the fact that there's no doubt millions of people who share his same preferences for spending time online.

Hootie 06-04-2013 09:34 PM

what is wrong with being a trust fund baby?

you have worse daddy issues than any girl I've ever banged

cosmo20002 06-04-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9729851)
Hmmm

I know of no GILF.

Hmmm....Sarah Palin maybe? There's gotta be some out there.
Anyway, I really was just talking about Brits/Dongers.

Saul Good 06-04-2013 09:36 PM

Every one was mine...just trying to get hootie's creative juices flowing. (no homo)

Hootie 06-04-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9729882)
I'll vouch for what has been a really sad showing by frazod in this thread. He's pretty much just sad all over the forum, but threads like these where it's allowed to stretch out and really put his back to it really make it clear.

I'm not particularly sad for him, I'm sure he looks at his time on ChiefsPlanet as well spent, somehow. I'm sad for the fact that there's no doubt millions of people who share his same preferences for spending time online.

uh oh

now you're a hootie dick sucker

lcarus 06-04-2013 09:37 PM

If you're just here to entertain yourself and others, fair enough. Some people are here to make friends though. I originally did come here to connect with other Chiefs fans. There aren't many down here where I live. This place being....the way that it is....was just an added bonus.

Direckshun 06-04-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9729894)
uh oh

now you're a hootie dick sucker

I'm tough but fair.

Donger 06-04-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9729883)
what is wrong with being a trust fund baby?

you have worse daddy issues than any girl I've ever banged

Do you still take funds from your parents?

Hootie 06-04-2013 09:40 PM

I'm here to talk Chiefs football. No doubt. This stuff is just offseason extra-cirricular. I'm a diehard Chiefs fan...first and foremost...and none of my friends give a flying **** about the shitty Kansas City Chiefs...other than making fun of me about everything that happens to them (and it's warranted).

but make friends? Meh. There are several posters I like as posters...no doubt. But I'm not going to call them and chat with them and be like "yo bro, lol, I got a mani today but no pedi lololol"

why?

I'm straight.

Hootie 06-04-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9729903)
Do you still take fund from your parents?

no

I'm an adult

I've had a full time job since I was 19...

in fact, I fell into the waiter trap at a young age because it was the first job where I wasn't making $7 an hour...I started making massive tips and was like..."whoa, **** school."

oh and there was a lot of sex with a lot of young hostesses and waitresses

THAT WAS THE LIFE

Frazod 06-04-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9729890)
Every one was mine...just trying to get hootie's creative juices flowing. (no homo)

Sure. Same way you're wheeling and dealing million dollar deals in between getting outthought by Wickedson in the Realignment thread. Got it. LMAO

Saul Good 06-04-2013 09:42 PM

I have to update my board. Saphojunkie is flying up due to this post in another thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9729147)
Please illustrate anything from my continuing short story.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273537

Chapters 2 or 3 are the most ripe for illustrative purposes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9729362)
"Matt Cassel did, does, and always will suck."

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps43b5695a.png

NEXT:

Three happy children that live inside a giant's butthole.

Donger 06-04-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9729904)
I'm straight.

I'm not sure about that. Do you actually like copulating with females?

Frazod 06-04-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9729882)

Oh shit. I'm losing the trust fund babies and the basement dwellers!

And I had so much respect for Deflecshun.

Seriously

BossChief 06-04-2013 09:44 PM

Have you ever thought of starting a catering business?

Donger 06-04-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9729906)
no

I'm an adult

Yes, someone told me you are older.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9729906)
oh and there was a lot of sex with a lot of young hostesses and waitresses

THAT WAS THE LIFE

Were they all female?

Hootie 06-04-2013 09:45 PM

why would I cater? I never cooked any of the food...I just delivered it and ****ed a lot of bitches and did a lot of tequila shots off of their hot bodies and then blew my load and watched it drip down their butt cheeks

if that's part of catering, sign me up

Hootie 06-04-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9729914)
Yes, someone told me you are older.

Were they all female?

uhm

hostess
waitress

hostess
waitress

hostess
waitress

Donger 06-04-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9729917)
uhm

hostess
waitress

hostess
waitress

hostess
waitress

Yes, I know you wrote that.

BossChief 06-04-2013 09:49 PM

You were talking about starting a restaurant with some friends. Having a catering business is easier with less overhead.

If done correctly, it's a big money business.

lcarus 06-04-2013 09:49 PM

I was talking about just message board friends. I also happen to be straight. There's no correlation between the two though.

Titty Meat 06-04-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9729922)
You were talking about starting a restaurant with some friends. Having a catering business is easier with less overhead.

If done correctly, it's a big money business.

IIRC the most successful business in food is those food trucks in the city.

Hootie 06-04-2013 09:51 PM

I could run a restaurant...

Catering doesn't interest me. I'm sure it's all fine and dandy...but I spent years excelling in the restaurant industry. I have a great product, too.

That's down the road though. Maybe 35-40. A few of my friends and I have already started putting up a business model...but we don't want investors. We want to be 100%.

DaneMcCloud 06-04-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9729692)
Actually, from what I've seen, it would either be that or we would get along famously.

Not to call you out personally (and I mean that seriously), I do find it interesting that the Average Joe believes that if they met their favorite celebrity, or someone in the ether that they admire, sparks would fly and a bond would almost instantly occur.

In reality, 99.99% of the time, people from various backgrounds, especially the Arts, have nothing in common with, nor anything at all interesting to share with a "fan". People think "Oh, I LOVE their work and LOVE them so much, that we'll have SO much to talk about!" but when they're face to face, there's nothing to talk about: "Hey, I love your work!". "Thanks.".

My daughter attends a preschool in which most, if not all, of the parents work in the entertainment business in one aspect or another, be it acting, producing, screenwriting, as a "rock star", as talent scouts and management to some of the biggest selling bands in the world and so on. For the most part, the relationships that I have developed with some of these parents has taken months, if not years to form. Some haven't formed at all because there's just no common ground.

Case in point: I'm not usually one to "reach out" to people that I respect but after seeing someone at the preschool repeatedly during the morning drop off, we ended up parking next to each other. I said "Hey, aren't you _______?" He replied, "Yes, I am". "Dude, I remember your work on _____ years ago and really enjoyed it. Your current work is great as well". "Thanks, Brother!" he replied, then got in his huge SUV and drove off.

Now granted, this guy doesn't know me from Adam but our kids go the same school and are in the same class. He's been involved in several $200 million dollar earning films as well as hugely successful TV shows. Yet my introduction and admiration meant zilch.

Fast forward to about 5 months later and I find out that his son has a massive crush on my daughter and even fixes his hair in the morning before school to impress her (4 year olds!). At that point, he becomes really friendly and at my daughter's birthday, we talk for more than an hour. Since then, we've had several play-dates and BBQ's and we really enjoy hanging out.

But long story short, the bottom line is that a chance meeting with someone "famous" rarely leads to anything at all.

Well, unless you're a smoking hot chick with big tits and a tight ass, which will lead to ****ing and a possible paternity suit.

BossChief 06-04-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9729925)
IIRC the most successful business in food is those food trucks in the city.

My pops and I used to go to the long beach harbor and have talks watching the planes go over us and there was a food truck there that the owner/operator was a multimillionaire from that truck.

A lot of the guys pushing hot dog carts have big money too, if they are smart about how they manage it.

Hootie 06-04-2013 09:57 PM

stories I didn't care to read for $800

Donger 06-04-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9729930)
Not to call you out personally (and I mean that seriously), I do find it interesting that the Average Joe believes that if they met their favorite celebrity, or someone in the ether that they admire, sparks would fly and a bond would almost instantly occur.

In reality, 99.99% of the time, people from various backgrounds, especially the Arts, have nothing in common with, nor anything at all interesting to share with a "fan". People think "Oh, I LOVE their work and LOVE them so much, that we'll have SO much to talk about!" but when they're face to face, there's nothing to talk about: "Hey, I love your work!". "Thanks.".

My daughter attends a preschool in which most, if not all, of the parents work in the entertainment business in one aspect or another, be it acting, producing, screenwriting, as a "rock star", as talent scouts and management to some of the biggest selling bands in the world and so on. For the most part, the relationships that I have developed with some of these parents has taken months, if not years to form. Some haven't formed at all because there's just no common ground.

Case in point: I'm not usually one to "reach out" to people that I respect but after seeing someone at the preschool repeatedly during the morning drop off, we ended up parking next to each other. I said "Hey, aren't you _______?" He replied, "Yes, I am". "Dude, I remember your work on _____ years ago and really enjoyed it. Your current work is great as well". "Thanks, Brother!" he replied, then got in his huge SUV and drove off.

Now granted, this guy doesn't know me from Adam but our kids go the same school and are in the same class. He's been involved in several $200 million dollar earning films as well as hugely successful TV shows. Yet my introduction and admiration meant zilch.

Fast forward to about 5 months later and I find out that his son has a massive crush on my daughter and even fixes his hair in the morning before school to impress her (4 year olds!). At that point, he becomes really friendly and at my daughter's birthday, we talk for more than an hour. Since then, we've had several play-dates and BBQ's and we really enjoy hanging out.

But long story short, the bottom line is that a chance meeting with someone "famous" rarely leads to anything at all.

Well, unless you're a smoking hot chick with big tits and a tight ass, which will lead to ****ing and a possible paternity suit.

Which is why I gave two potential possibilities. He doesn't exactly strike me a as a people person. Neither am I. Speaking from experience, that tends to go either way, with not much between. I really don't see the fact that he sings for a living being material.

Hootie 06-04-2013 10:00 PM

guarantee I'd be friends with John Rocker

rico 06-04-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9729917)
uhm

hostess
waitress

hostess
waitress

hostess
waitress

You and some waitresses got down with some Twinkies? Nice. I'm surprised you didn't write about any of those stories on Hamas's sex thread.

DaneMcCloud 06-04-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9729937)
Which is why I gave two potential possibilities. He doesn't exactly strike me a as a people person. Neither am I. Speaking from experience, that tends to go either way, with not much between. I really don't see the fact that he sings for a living being material.

I used to be a "People Person", big time, when I was younger. Now, not so much. And in all honesty at my age, I really don't care to befriend people that work outside of my industry because that's where I feel most comfortable. If I have free time (which is rare these days), I enjoy talking about what I do and the various aspects of that business.

Of course I'm referring to my free time outside of this forum, which for who knows why, I've been sucked in like bad CGI in "The Day After Tomorrow" and can't get out.

Donger 06-04-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9729953)
I used to be a "People Person", big time, when I was younger. Now, not so much. And in all honesty at my age, I really don't care to befriend people that work outside of my industry because that's where I feel most comfortable. If I have free time (which is rare these days), I enjoy talking about what I do and the various aspects of that business.

Of course I'm referring to my free time outside of this forum, which for who knows why, I've been sucked in like bad CGI in "The Day After Tomorrow" and can't get out.

My kids were making fun of me a few days ago on the way to golf, and I thought of you. I had my CD in my car playing and one of my favorite movie soundtracks came on, followed by Omar Faruk Tekbilek's Chocco.

Direckshun 06-04-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9729930)

That's not a particularly interesting thought.

The Average Joe likes certain celebrities because, to Joe, enjoying their work is a personal experience. Therefore, it seems natural that somebody that created something that touched you -- be it music, film, reality TV, or even models -- is potential a soul brother/sister in the making.

I don't disagree with your notion that this doesn't mean much in terms of actual bonding. But the fact people feel this way makes perfect sense.