ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270480)

Mav 09-19-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9999725)
Because the defense is bad ass, we have solid weapons of offense(not great) and a lot of high picks on the offensive line that have potential. It looks like there is one piece missing from being a real contender for this thing.

I believe I deserve some rep for that.

I believe I told you guys how good this defense was going to be this year.

JENKINSWINS 09-19-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smiff (Post 9999680)
Is anyone here mad that the Chiefs are 3-0? I'm not. I thought this thread was about the QB's play. He didn't play well today. Oh great, he hit a 5 yard pass on 3rd down to seal a 4 turnover game. He did not play well. Has nothing to do with the Chiefs winning. I think everyone's happy the Chiefs won so kill that noise.

Bro, did you see how bad the OL was? If you can say the whole 49ers team sucked last week, why can't you give the OL and playcalling shit for KC? He also didn't commit any turnovers, if he commits as many as Vick did they lose, just like the Eagles did.

BigMeatballDave 09-19-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sannyasi (Post 9999702)
Its 2010 all over again.

Except, it's not.

Tribal Warfare 09-19-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sannyasi (Post 9999702)
Its 1995 all over again.

FYP

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-19-2013 10:07 PM

He did not play worth a **** for well over three quarters. Are some of you mother****ers blind?

jd1020 09-19-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9999773)
He did not play worth a **** for well over three quarters. Are some of you mother****ers blind?

Blinded by 3-0 you hater!!!!!!!!!!!!

TO THE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teams are going to keep fumbling kick offs, snapping the ball into their leg, and dropping interceptions all year baby! GET USED TO IT!

Smith and Fisher, best offseason acquisitions since there were seasons!!!!!!

BigCatDaddy 09-19-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 9999743)
Bro, did you see how bad the OL was? If you can say the whole 49ers team sucked last week, why can't you give the OL and playcalling shit for KC? He also didn't commit any turnovers, if he commits as many as Vick did they lose, just like the Eagles did.

The line wasn't THAT bad. Fisher was THAT bad and a few times Alice held the ball too long because nobody was WIDE open.

JENKINSWINS 09-19-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Yes I agree, but how can he block and throw the football at the same time. It's a team sport. He wasn't the only problem the first 3 quarters.

BigMeatballDave 09-19-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9999669)
Pure shit. And he looks like Cassel too. They were separated at birth.

We all know what Smith is. He is what he is.

What he is not is Cassel.

You would have to be a complete ****ing moron to think it.

Namor40 09-19-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

3-0 bitch. Go cry elsewhere. :p:p:p

Mav 09-19-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Question. Who on the offense did?

Brendan Albert had like 3 penalties, Eric Fisher played like shit, Jamaal Charles played poorly until the 4th quarter, Alex Smith played poorly, the only offensive player that did anything all game was Avery......

So, exactly WHO played well?

JENKINSWINS 09-19-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9999789)
The line wasn't THAT bad. Fisher was THAT bad and a few times Alice held the ball too long because nobody was WIDE open.

Right, and Michelle Vick was throwing it in tight coverage giving the ball to the other team.

BigCatDaddy 09-19-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 9999754)
Except, it's not.

I agree. The whole team is better ESPECIALLY the defense. How horrible is Romeo to have all that damn talent and have them look like shit. We all knew they should have been playing this well all along. Props to Sutton.

petegz28 09-19-2013 10:11 PM

I think some of you need to just STFU for a few weeks and wait until we lose a game because of Smith before you say shit again.

Mav 09-19-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

The line played like shit. Both run blocking, and pass blocking. They also negated several plays with stupid penalties. And, the eagles coverage, was AMAZING. Avery rescued the offense all night long. he is the only one who played great all night. Everyone else was ass for long stretches. Including Alex Smith. But when it mattered, they all came up clutch. Including ALEX SMITH.

BigCatDaddy 09-19-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 9999817)
Right, and Michelle Vick was throwing it in tight coverage giving the ball to the other team.

LMAO Trying watching the game objectively. Alice takes more sacks than anyone else in the league for a reason, but the RT was pure ass on some passing plays no doubt.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-19-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9999809)
Question. Who on the offense did?

Brendan Albert had like 3 penalties, Eric Fisher played like shit, Jamaal Charles played poorly until the 4th quarter, Alex Smith played poorly, the only offensive player that did anything all game was Avery......

So, exactly WHO played well?

The whole offense was clearly out of synch, but Alex just couldn't make ANYTHING happen.

Team sport or no, who is the goddamned LEADER of an offense? Huckleberry Hound?

WTF, BRAH?

Alex Smiff 09-19-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 9999743)

OL wasn't good but neither was the QB. Bitch about the oline but there were many plays where he had time to throw and would either throw the ball in the ground or hit a checkdown or curl into a little ball and take a sack. Mayock said it himself. He does not throw into coverage.

BigMeatballDave 09-19-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9999759)
FYP

LMAO more reeruned Bono references.

Comparing Smith to Bono is beyond stupid.

Whosurdaddy 09-19-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

It's not just Fischer. The interior was just as bad if not worse for 2 quarters, Albert struggled at times. Asomougha-Hudsen-Allen needs a lot of work. Fischer had a really bad game, but he was a beast on that 95yard drive particularly on the scoring play. I think the unit can gel together, but I hope it happens soon.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-19-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9999829)
I think some of you need to just STFU for a few weeks and wait until we lose a game because of Smith before you say shit again.

Well we sure as **** didn't WIN IT because of him.

mnchiefsguy 09-19-2013 10:13 PM

Alex did not have a good first half...but when it came to crunch time, he got the job done on the final drive. Two weeks in a row he has guided long time consuming drives to seal wins.

notorious 09-19-2013 10:13 PM

Rapelisburger plays like shit for 3 1/2 quarters and makes a drive at the end of the game to seal a win and people suck him off.

Alex Smith just did it and people say he sucks.

BigCatDaddy 09-19-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9999830)
The line played like shit. Both run blocking, and pass blocking. They also negated several plays with stupid penalties. And, the eagles coverage, was AMAZING. Avery rescued the offense all night long. he is the only one who played great all night. Everyone else was ass for long stretches. Including Alex Smith. But when it mattered, they all came up clutch. Including ALEX SMITH.

Albert and Schwartz pounded some ass in the run game, but the right side wasn't a bright spot.

Brock 09-19-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9999583)
LMAO........

No tight ends. The oline played like shit, Jamaal Charles averaged under 3.0 ypc in the first half.

In the end, Alex Smith had GREAT NUMBERS, was absolutely NAILS in the 4th quarter. McCluster **** screwed the pooch so hard on that fumble, ,and Alex Stepped up like a ****ING MAN and threw an absolute STRIKE to avery to keep that drive going.

And you want to dare step up to me TONIGHT?

Three and O...........

Short week too.

Ill eat any of you fake ****s alive this week. This was EASILY the type of game that turds like you said he COULDNT WIN, and he DID.

**** off my nuts. You have NOTHING TO BITCH ABOUT.

"Great numbers"? Do you have some kind of brain injury?

jd1020 09-19-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9999849)
Rapelisburger plays like shit for 3 1/2 quarters and makes a drive at the end of the game to seal a win and people suck him off.

Alex Smith just did it and people say he sucks.

Let me know when Alex gets his first and second SB ring.

Tribal Warfare 09-19-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 9999840)
LMAO more reeruned Bono references.

Comparing Smith to Bono is beyond stupid.

really, he didn't do anything great oor horrible. Though he would've gotten hell's fury if we lost since the defense played lights out while he was floundering and Avery was bailing his ass out.

notorious 09-19-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9999861)
Let me know when Alex gets his first and second SB ring.

This was before his 1st ring.

It got worse after that.

Mav 09-19-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9999836)
The whole offense was clearly out of synch, but Alex just couldn't make ANYTHING happen.

Team sport or no, who is the goddamned LEADER of an offense? Huckleberry Hound?

WTF, BRAH?

Short week? Missing tight ends?

Look, im not ABSOLVING Alex Smith of anything. he made some really crappy plays. But, still didn't turn it over. They also came up extremely clutch in the second half. Alex only threw 2 incompletions in the second half. He was a LEADER in that 4th quarter wouldn't you say?

Not only that, but wasn't the play calling just a LITTLE bit different in the 4th quarter?

Once they put Sherman in front of Charles, it was game over.

its a process.

Short week. Dinged up players. But, in the end, it was the OFFENSE, not the defense that stepped up.

Remember, the defense gave up that run to McCoy, then McCluster fumbled. The offense while struggling for much of the game, was absolute NAILS.

Hitting bowe on third down, hitting AVERY on what will go down as the Chiefs play of the year.

Just ridiculously clutch. Defintely still have stuff to work on.

But, no one can argue with how the team came together when it had to.

JF08 09-19-2013 10:16 PM

Hey haters, go watch a replay of Sportscenter Top plays of the year from last year. The big boys are talking football in this thread.

BigCatDaddy 09-19-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9999869)
really, he didn't do anything great oor horrible. Though he would've gotten hell's fury if we lost since the defense played lights out while he was floundering and Avery was bailing his ass out.

I'm trying to be object here as I've bitched about Alice as much as anyone. He did a great job orchestrating that last drive to kill the clock and get some points. That wasn't elite, but solid QB play there. I think every QB since Green would have pissed it away there, but of course Trent would have thrown for TD on that drive also :D

JENKINSWINS 09-19-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smiff (Post 9999837)
OL wasn't good but neither was the QB. Bitch about the oline but there were many plays where he had time to throw and would either throw the ball in the ground or hit a checkdown or curl into a little ball and take a sack. Mayock said it himself. He does not throw into coverage.

KC won the game with their QB not trying to force anything, unfortunately for the other team their QB did and paid for it. The guy is 23 - 5 now. 3 - 0 on a new team, new offensive coordinator, new players around him, and is winning. Something you probably thought he could ever do. Weren't those the knocks on him?

BigMeatballDave 09-19-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9999869)

Bono was hot garbage. Look at the numbers. Look at their style of play. Have you suffered brain trauma recently?

It is so not close.

Mav 09-19-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9999856)
"Great numbers"? Do you have some kind of brain injury?

22-35 273 yards?

no picks....

Are those numbers TERRIBLE?

He was also 11-13 in the second half........

Those are terrible numbers?

Kaepernick 09-19-2013 10:17 PM

That is the perfect game for arguing over Alex.

The Smith lovers will say he won and that is all that matters, the O-line was substandard and receivers didn't get open.

The Smith haters will say the Defense and special teams won the game with 5 turnovers and short fields and you can't win against playoff teams with an offense like that and the score should have been 47-16 with all the short fields the offense was given.

5 turnovers and still only 2 TDs, 1 of which was a defensive pick 6. Only 19 1st downs, 6-of-18 3rd down conversions.

Recovered a fumbled kick return at the PHI 8 yard line and could not score a TD, settled for FG.

Eagles fumble on the 50 yard line and the KC offense can only get the ball to the 33 before attempting and missing a 51 yard FG.

Vick's pass intercepted at the KC 43. Offense can only get it to the PHI 22 before taking a FG.

Alex Smith - 22 of 35 for 273 yards, 63% completions, 0 TDs, 0 INT, mistake free football.

And the Alex see-saw goes up and down, up and down with each side seeing what they want to see because both sides can make valid points as Alex gives more than enough ammunition regarding both sides.

Just what you would expect from a solid, cerebral, cautious middle-tier QB who is smart and fundamentally sound but isn't going to risk anything to get to the next level.

Tribal Warfare 09-19-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9999896)
I'm trying to be object here as I've bitched about Alice as much as anyone. He did a great job orchestrating that last drive to kill the clock and get some points. That wasn't elite, but solid QB play there.

and he should be giving Avery a gift basket because he was the offense more so than JC.

GoChargers 09-19-2013 10:17 PM

Gotta love the dumbass results-oriented Smiff slurpers in here. It's not just about winning and losing, it's about the process, and Alice's process is mediocre and fails more often than not against real teams.

JENKINSWINS 09-19-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9999848)
Alex did not have a good first half...but when it came to crunch time, he got the job done on the final drive. Two weeks in a row he has guided long time consuming drives to seal wins.

Exactly, and I heard them say that KC hasn't scored a TD in the 4th Qtr in 11 games? Was that how many it was, I forget what they said?

Tribal Warfare 09-19-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 9999903)
Bono was hot garbage. Look at the numbers. Look at their style of play. Have you suffered brain trauma recently?

It is so not close.

ROFL, yeah look what Bono accomplished with a great defense too. 13-3 scoreboard bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still have that road to the SB issue in SI with KC Vs GB

BigCatDaddy 09-19-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 9999909)

The Smith lovers will say he won and that is all that matters, the O-line was substandard and receivers didn't get open.

The Smith haters will say the Defense and special teams won the game with 5 turnovers and short fields and you can't win against playoff teams with an offense like that and the score should have been 47-16 with all the short fields the offense was given.

5 turnovers and still only 2 TDs, 1 of which was a defensive pick 6. Only 19 1st downs, 6-of-18 3rd down conversions.

Alex Smith - 22 of 35 for 273 yards, 63% completions, 0 TDs, 0 INT, mistake free football.

And the Alex see-saw goes up and down, up and down with each side seeing what they want to see because both sides can make valid points as Alex gives more than enough ammunition regarding both sides.

Just what you would expect from a solid, cerebral, cautious middle-tier QB who is smart and fundamentally sound but isn't going to risk anything to get to the next level.

I think you're right and now I can see why after 8 years 9er fans still can't come to a consensus on this guy.

petegz28 09-19-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 9999930)
Exactly, and I heard them say that KC hasn't scored a TD in the 4th Qtr in 11 games? Was that how many it was, I forget what they said?

Yea, 10 or 11

Red Dawg 09-19-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 9999899)
KC won the game with their QB not trying to force anything, unfortunately for the other team their QB did and paid for it. The guy is 23 - 5 now. 3 - 0 on a new team, new offensive coordinator, new players around him, and is winning. Something you probably thought he could ever do. Weren't those the knocks on him?

I admit he is tooo safe at times but he makes the play in fourth qtr when we need to move the chains. I have no complaints.

BigMeatballDave 09-19-2013 10:19 PM

LMAO Avery bailing his ass out.

I love that. I just thought it was a QB finding the open man, and the WR making plays.

Wtf?

JF08 09-19-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 9999909)

How did Kaepernick do last week again?

Bwana 09-19-2013 10:20 PM

3-0

BigCatDaddy 09-19-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9999916)
and he should be giving Avery a gift basket because he was the offense more so than JC.

Somewhat, but that was an awesome play design as well. He might have to share that basket with Andy or Brad.

Marcellus 09-19-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9999949)
3-0

28-11

JENKINSWINS 09-19-2013 10:21 PM

I'll tell you what though. I'm loving what I'm seeing out of Avery, and I've been on him ever since he was in college. Wanted him on the 9ers and now I get a chance to see him with the QB that I wanted him to play with. Feels good to see them connecting.

Tribal Warfare 09-19-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 9999944)

I love that. I just thought it was a QB finding the open man, and the WR making plays.

Wtf?

5 yard dumps yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOFer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imon Yourside 09-19-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9999949)
3-0

Print em'!

LoneWolf 09-19-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9999921)
Gotta love the dumbass results-oriented Smiff slurpers in here. It's not just about winning and losing, it's about the process, and Alice's process is mediocre and fails more often than not against real teams.

Hey Chargers fan, shut the **** up.

Mav 09-19-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9999939)
I think you're right and now I can see why after 8 years 9er fans still can't come to a consensus on this guy.

He does. He TEASES you. He really does. He will make plays like that throw to Avery, and you are like WOW, here he is. And then you see some of the decisions he made in the first half, and you are like WTF ALEX.

The guy, JUST KEEPS WINNING.......

BigMeatballDave 09-19-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9999936)
ROFL, yeah look what Bono accomplished with a great defense too. 13-3 scoreboard bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO what a ****ing dumbass

BigCatDaddy 09-19-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 9999963)
I'll tell you what though. I'm loving what I'm seeing out of Avery, and I've been on him ever since he was in college. Wanted him on the 9ers and now I get a chance to see him with the QB that I wanted him to play with. Feels good to see them connecting.

He's got the tools to be a solid 2 for us. You asses can have Jenkins back on the other hand. His stoned hand ass could have extended the drive at the end.

Imon Yourside 09-19-2013 10:23 PM

Despite my frustration with Smith, THere is something I really like about the guy. He only gets rattled when it DOESN'T matter as much but is tough as nails towards the end. Again, I haven't followed the guy his entire career..I know his numbers lifetime are Casselesque..but.........

Mav 09-19-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9999966)
5 yard dumps yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOFer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that 15 yard dart to rescue Dexter McCluster on third down was just SO EASY AND BORING.

Mav 09-19-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9999984)
He's got the tools to be a solid 2 for us. You asses can have Jenkins back on the other hand. His stoned hand ass could have extended the drive at the end.

That was actually a good pass by alex. Just Jenkins being Jenkins.

Tribal Warfare 09-19-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 9999983)
LMAO what a ****ing dumbass

Yep, the great Alex Smith. Just like Cassel floggers, any starter wearing the KC Arrowhead is an instant Franchise QB. Name calling too, **** YEAH!!!

notorious 09-19-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9999985)
Despite my frustration with Smith, THere is something I really like about the guy. He only gets rattled when it DOESN'T matter as much but is tough as nails towards the end. Again, I haven't followed the guy his entire career..I know his numbers lifetime are Casselesque..but.........

No kidding.

WTF is up with that?

Mav 09-19-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

His Casselesque numbers, are all pre Harbaugh, and now Reid. If you separate the two you would understand what I mean.

BigCatDaddy 09-19-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9999976)
He does. He TEASES you. He really does. He will make plays like that throw to Avery, and you are like WOW, here he is. And then you see some of the decisions he made in the first half, and you are like WTF ALEX.

The guy, JUST KEEPS WINNING.......

I think he has benefited greatly by stellar defensive play the last few years including this one, but he doesn't put them in a bad position a lot either to his credit. If he was the QB of the Chiefs last year the W-L record would have still been shit.

JENKINSWINS 09-19-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 9999944)

Wtf?

I've been toot'n the Alex Avery connection ever since camp and all week on this board. Love what I'm seeing so far! :clap:

BigMeatballDave 09-19-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10000000)
Yep, the great Alex Smith. Just like Cassel floggers, any starter wearing the KC Arrowhead is an instant Franchise QB.

I can only assume you are drunk.

reerun.

Mav 09-19-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10000001)
No kidding.

WTF is up with that?

I got raped for it. He is EXTREMELY clutch.

It defies logic. But when he needs he, he gets it. Started in 2011, and has just carried on every year.

l4z4rd 09-19-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

To be fair, the OL didn't help him much the first 3 quarters.

Mav 09-19-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10000008)
I think he has benefited greatly by stellar defensive play the last few years including this one, but he doesn't put them in a bad position a lot either to his credit.

Truth.

And I tried miserably to explain it. But he really does help the defense. THe eagles pretty much played with the short field all night long.

Tribal Warfare 09-19-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10000011)
I can only assume you are drunk.

reerun.

Yep, just what I thought. Great football eval

:thumb:

pugsnotdrugs19 09-19-2013 10:29 PM

What I love is how the OP's signature mentioned Smith's record when the opponent scores more than 24. Well he has been playing like this the last 3 years (23-5-1 in that span) and though I know SF and our D's are very good, there is a reason they don't score 24 or more too often. ALEX SMITH. Turnovers are the #1 gamechanger in football as far as the outcome. What he does wins games! Who cares if he doesnt throw for 4,500 yards, all that would mean is 12+ more turnovers that would lead to defensive play not being as good. If they ever try to establish the run early and get the line going, you will see him make throws down field more (playaction).

pugsnotdrugs19 09-19-2013 10:29 PM

Also Avery stepping up is gonna prevent teams from doubling Bowe as much, gonna help him a ton.

Jakemall 09-19-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9999988)
Yeah, that 15 yard dart to rescue Dexter McCluster on third down was just SO EASY AND BORING.

Biggest play of the game.

Hammock Parties 09-19-2013 10:31 PM

Alex played admirably tonight. The throw to Avery to jump start the 95-yard drive was incredibly clutch. It was Anti-Cassel.

Good job tonight, Alex. It's nice to see your YPC climb over 10 for once.

Jakemall 09-19-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 10000049)
What I love is how the OP's signature mentioned Smith's record when the opponent scores more than 24. Well he has been playing like this the last 3 years (23-5-1 in that span) and though I know SF and our D's are very good, there is a reason they don't score 24 or more too often. ALEX SMITH. Turnovers are the #1 gamechanger in football as far as the outcome. What he does wins games! Who cares if he doesnt throw for 4,500 yards, all that would mean is 12+ more turnovers that would lead to defensive play not being as good. If they ever try to establish the run early and get the line going, you will see him make throws down field more (playaction).

Anyone look at the time of possession?

Hammock Parties 09-19-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9999988)

That was Avery.

McCluster was his usual dogshit self.

mnchiefsguy 09-19-2013 10:32 PM

NFL Total Access just called Alex Smith "The Check Down King"........he is going to need to throw deep some if he is going to be successful here.

Mav 09-19-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10000079)
That was Avery.

You misread it.

He threw the dart to RESCUE McCluster who fumbled and pinned the offense deep.

Jakemall 09-19-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10000077)
Alex played admirably tonight. The throw to Avery to jump start the 95-yard drive was incredibly clutch. It was Anti-Cassel.

Good job tonight, Alex. It's nice to see your YPC climb over 10 for once.

Who are you and what did you do with Clay?

Imon Yourside 09-19-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10000079)
That was Avery.

Mclackluster should have been dumped in the offseason for sure.

pugsnotdrugs19 09-19-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10000078)
Anyone look at the time of possession?

We had it 40 MINUTES! Much credit to #11 and nice defensive scheming.

Tribal Warfare 09-19-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10000095)
Who are you and what did you do with Clay?

he loves to flip flop in jest. You are new so it's an FYI.

Whosurdaddy 09-19-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10000008)
I think he has benefited greatly by stellar defensive play the last few years including this one, but he doesn't put them in a bad position a lot either to his credit. If he was the QB of the Chiefs last year the W-L record would have still been shit.

Disagree. The turnovers are what screwed our defense over continuously. As much as the majority of us disliked the bend but don't break 3-4, the real problem was Cassle's turnovers.