ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270480)

BigCatDaddy 11-20-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10207076)
Didn't you just get finish saying that Alex is average? Isn't that a bit different than "did, does and will always suck"?

I said mediocre I think. But shits old. He isn't throwing for 350 yards and 3 TD's and he isn't throwing for 120 with 3 picks either. Same shit different week.

Sandy Vagina 11-20-2013 11:24 AM

There's also a sharp distinction over clear drops VS what most perceive as "pretty much dropped."

For a guy so highly paid as Bowe is, he sure let's a lot of passes get into his body.. which coupled with poor separation leads to quite a few "knockaway" passes. Cutting his routes flat + not attacking the ball when defenders are on his back.. yeah, expect better from a "star" WR.

All of this is not to say that the QB is without fault at times... but he's not getting the help I expected from his "star" receiver. Jamaal Charles loses focus and drops some short passes that really make one scratch their head over. Some are insignificant dump-offs likely to gain few yards... some, more critical.

If the clear or otherwise close drops were less... if the OL rankings were higher... if the O-penalties were less... then you have to look at the QB to assume more blame for lack of efficiency. This just isn't the case. If these aspects improve, as they did for SF in 2012? well then you have a top 5-10 offense in efficiency... and then you would reasonably look at the QB in a different light. ( at least most would... some will hate regardless )

Sandy Vagina 11-20-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs
This is why the Alex Smith career is so fascinating.
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 10207094)
To you, maybe. To those of us who don't have a mancrush on Captain Checkdown, he's about as boring and vanilla as it gets.

A better word would have been POLARIZING.

Jakemall 11-20-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10207098)
I said mediocre I think. But shits old. He isn't throwing for 350 yards and 3 TD's and he isn't throwing for 120 with 3 picks either. Same shit different week.

me·di·o·cre

/ˌmēdēˈōkər/

adjective

adjective: mediocre

of only moderate quality; not very good.

"a mediocre actor"

synonyms:

ordinary, average, middling, middle-of-the-road, uninspired, undistinguished, indifferent, unexceptional, unexciting, unremarkable, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian, prosaic, lackluster, forgettable, amateur, amateurish; More

informalOK, so-so, ‘comme ci, comme ça’, plain-vanilla, fair-to-middling, no great shakes, not up to much, bush-league

"a mediocre performance

whoman69 11-20-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10207091)
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/st...rcentage/2013/

KC is #4 in terms of team drops % Denver i

The drops did kill us against Denver. However Smith was still pretty mediocre on his own. He needs to do a better job of moving within the pocket to give himself time to throw. Seems like he only moves when he is going to scramble.

Jakemall 11-20-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 10207134)
The drops did kill us against Denver. However Smith was still pretty mediocre on his own. He needs to do a better job of moving within the pocket to give himself time to throw. Seems like he only moves when he is going to scramble.

We'd likely be having a VERY different conversation if two of those drops were made.

Bearcat 11-20-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10207091)
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/st...rcentage/2013/

KC is #4 in terms of team drops % Denver i

The Vikings passing game really is the model for what you can do when receivers don't drop passes.

And Denver goes from a spot ahead of the Chiefs to 5 spots below... oh noes.

BigCatDaddy 11-20-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10207121)
me·di·o·cre

/ˌmēdēˈōkər/

adjective

"a mediocre actor"

synonyms:

ordinary, average, middling, middle-of-the-road, uninspired, undistinguished, indifferent, unexceptional, unexciting, unremarkable, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian, prosaic, lackluster, forgettable, amateur, amateurish; More

informalOK, so-so, ‘comme ci, comme ça’, plain-vanilla, fair-to-middling, no great shakes, not up to much, bush-league

"a mediocre performance

Thanks. I should have said amateur.

Kaepernick 11-20-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10207121)
me·di·o·cre

/ˌmēdēˈōkər/

adjective

"a mediocre actor"

synonyms:

"a mediocre performance

Among all 32 starting NFL quarterbacks, Alex Smith is exactly average or mediocre. Other good synonyms you posted that aptly describe Alex are unexceptional, unremarkable and lackluster.

He is a good, middle-tier, 15th-20th ranked NFL starting QB. There is no shame in that. He is better than roughly half of all NFL QB's. That is a hell of an achievement for any athlete pursuing his lifelong dream. He just is unexceptional when compared to all 31 other starting professional NFL athletes at his position.

In other words, mediocre. Chiefs fans knew this going in -- well, the ones who didn't write him off completely.

Snapplez 11-20-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10206574)
You sure that's the horse you want to hitch your cart to?

It's certainly a better cart than Smiffy.

The Franchise 11-20-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10207085)
# of passes dropped is a useless stat unless you include the number of passes thrown.

You should actually be going off of his drop percentage. 3.5%......less than A.J. Green and Calvin Johnson.

His percentage of targets caught is 57.9%....higher than Green and Johnson.

Chiefnj2 11-20-2013 12:11 PM

The bigger problem with last weeks game was what happened to the offense in the 3rd quarter.

SAUTO 11-20-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10207107)
There's also a sharp distinction over clear drops VS what most perceive as "pretty much dropped."

For a guy so highly paid as Bowe is, he sure let's a lot of passes get into his body.. which coupled with poor separation leads to quite a few "knockaway" passes. Cutting his routes flat + not attacking the ball when defenders are on his back.. yeah, expect better from a "star" WR.

All of this is not to say that the QB is without fault at times... but he's not getting the help I expected from his "star" receiver. Jamaal Charles loses focus and drops some short passes that really make one scratch their head over. Some are insignificant dump-offs likely to gain few yards... some, more critical.

If the clear or otherwise close drops were less... if the OL rankings were higher... if the O-penalties were less... then you have to look at the QB to assume more blame for lack of efficiency. This just isn't the case. If these aspects improve, as they did for SF in 2012? well then you have a top 5-10 offense in efficiency... and then you would reasonably look at the QB in a different light. ( at least most would... some will hate regardless )

LMAO.

if everything else is perfect THEN and ONLY THEN could it maybe be alex smith's fault

GTFO

TheUte 11-20-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10207237)
LMAO.

if everything else is perfect THEN and ONLY THEN could it maybe be alex smith's fault

GTFO

So exactly when does it become not a Alexuse or us homers making shit up.

When does dropped passes actually affect the outcome of the game and O-line actually matter to you?

Apparently no one the 53 man roster count for anything.

You GTFO, it all counts you can't hang shit on one player its just stupidity to try.

Sandy Vagina 11-20-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10207237)
LMAO.

GTFO

Only a true potato could translate "needs perfection" out of that post. Yeah, you can GTFO dumbass. :thumb: