ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***Official Draft Tyler Wilson Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263693)

Reaper16 01-21-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9340437)
LMAO:facepalm: douche alert.

You can tell he relies a lot on his arm. He'll aim the ball instead of throwing it. That's coachable. He doesn't step into his throws a lot of the time because so. When it comes to his footwork he's impatient. If he'd hitch correctly he'd be more accurate with the ball although he is quite accurate but he's inconsistent. And his hips are tight as ****. He needs to loosen them up when he's going through his throwing motion. The WCO is a timing offense with precise routes that the WR and QB need to be on the same page. It's all coachable. Wilson is more fluid in every way, IMO, but nobody would mind Geno. It'd be insane to argue the two douche McDouche.

I essentially agree with you about Geno's hips & legs. He's incredibly accurate (but certainly not inconsistent. 71 damn % completions), and can actually generate even more arm strength once he's taught to use his lower body correctly.

I'm surprised, then, to see that you could notice that about Geno but not notice that Wilson has his own problems with his lower body. His mechanics breakdown when he throws rolling out or on the run (which happened frequently this past season thanks to his crap o-line). I've seen Wilson play in person, and found him to throw off of his backfoot a whole lot.

HotCarl 01-21-2013 10:16 PM

Needs to be taller. Is there a prototypical 6'7" guy from the ACC in this draft?

htismaqe 01-21-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9340542)
Needs to be taller. Is there a prototypical 6'7" guy from the ACC in this draft?

MIKE GLENNON!

Chiefs Pantalones 01-21-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9340534)
I essentially agree with you about Geno's hips & legs. He's incredibly accurate (but certainly not inconsistent. 71 damn % completions), and can actually generate even more arm strength once he's taught to use his lower body correctly.

I'm surprised, then, to see that you could notice that about Geno but not notice that Wilson has his own problems with his lower body. His mechanics breakdown when he throws rolling out or on the run (which happened frequently this past season thanks to his crap o-line). I've seen Wilson play in person, and found him to throw off of his backfoot a whole lot.

I didn't say Wilson was perfect. Look, both are just fine prospects that the media is making a mistake in comparing a once in a generation class (last year's) to this year. JMO, but if last year's draft didn't happen, you'd hear every day on SportsCenter about the battle of which QB we'd take, not this nonsense about "welp, we're screwed, no QBs worthy of the #1 overall choice."

htismaqe 01-21-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9340579)
I didn't say Wilson was perfect. Look, both are just fine prospects that the media is making a mistake in comparing a once in a generation class (last year's) to this year. JMO, but if last year's draft didn't happen, you'd hear every day on SportsCenter about the battle of which QB we'd take, not this nonsense about "welp, we're screwed, no QBs worthy of the #1 overall choice."

THIS.

Reaper16 01-21-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9340579)

Yes. Agreed.

RunKC 01-21-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9340389)
Crybaby.

You shit on every thread you post in.

You're the dumbest person in this board. Worse than como.

Deal with it, mouth breather.

Thanks for shitting on this thread asshole LMAO

gohogs14 01-21-2013 11:38 PM

fwiw i dont think his teammates thought what he said was a big deal

C-Travis Swanson (on the team's attitudes) - "To begin with we came out yesterday and we had a team run and everyone was positive, morale was high and there wasn't one bad attitude. Someone might have thought there would have been. That shows signs right there. When you look at the film it's just the small things, like what Tyler Wilson was saying. As far as our side of the ball producing a touchdown and changing the game, so it's not anything drastic. It's just like a blown assignment. It's just the small things."

C-Travis Swanson (on if there has been finger pointing on the team) - "There hasn't been any finger pointing going on on this team, which has been good. I know we emphasize it and the coaches emphasize it. There is no reason to finger point. This is a team. It's not one person. That makes the game what it is. Everyone is positive in the huddle. Even when it was Alabama in the fourth quarter there wasn't one bad attitude, and I feel like especially on Saturday night (vs. Rutgers) we kept fighting, and we kept fighting and we kept fighting, which was just good to see."

He is a pretty big frat guy and he partied pretty often but i don't think his character should be a concern.

BossChief 01-21-2013 11:44 PM

I like Wilson's moxie and his physical tools...but this makes 3 red flags.

Leadership. Throwing his team under the bus and after that was ineffective in raising the level of play of those around him.

Hand size. The only guy I remember having that small of hands and being good was Dange Culpepper and he fumbled a lot. If we were to draft him, the hand issue would likely play a role in the playoffs at one point or another.

Medical. Probably has had 3 concussions and could be forced to retire early if h takes some early shots to the head.

RunKC 01-21-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9340652)

Leadership. Throwing his team under the bus and after that was ineffective in raising the level of play of those around him.

Hand size. The only guy I remember having that small of hands and being good was Dange Culpepper and he fumbled a lot. If we were to draft him, the hand issue would likely play a role in the playoffs at one point or another.

Medical. Probably has had 3 concussions and could be forced to retire early if h takes some early shots to the head.

:doh!:

Mr_Tomahawk 01-22-2013 06:01 AM

RG3 hands: 9.5"

htismaqe 01-22-2013 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9340641)
Thanks for shitting on this thread asshole LMAO

You're the master at it.

Get used to it.

You ruined a perfectly good thread.

I intend to follow you around and do the same until you decide to quit or go away.

Chiefnj2 01-22-2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

Did they get shut out by 50 plus points after his return?

Rambozo 01-22-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

:facepalm:

AussieChiefsFan 01-22-2013 08:22 AM

@ArrowheadPride
"Going to a team like Kansas City would be a dream come true," Tyler Wilson said of the Chiefs. http://sbn.to/UPvAgQ