ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid (merged) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268357)

Messier 01-02-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9268990)
Is he wrong?

Is he right?

htismaqe 01-02-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Is he wrong?

ROFL

O.city 01-02-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9268998)
Is he right?

Touche

DaneMcCloud 01-02-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Is he wrong?

ROFL

ToxSocks 01-02-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9268995)
Is Reid already headed to Zona ? or are we still interviewing him?

Does it matter?

Clark went to Philly. Do you honestly think Reid was going to have a contract written up at his house or something?

O.city 01-02-2013 02:35 PM

Stimulating some topic here, it's Wednesday afternoon, we need some fire going.

O.city 01-02-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9269003)
Does it matter?

Clark went to Philly. Do you honestly think Reid was going to have a contract written up at his house or something?

I guess it doesn't, but if i really wanted the guy I'd try to get him signed before he could go anywhere else.

NJChiefsFan 01-02-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9269008)
I guess it doesn't, but if i really wanted the guy I'd try to get him signed before he could go anywhere else.

That's not all in Clark's control. If Andy says "hey look I like your offer but I want to see out my other interviews" there is only so much Clark can do.

-King- 01-02-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9269008)

Well duh.

Doesn't mean he's not going to hear as many offers as possible.

tooge 01-02-2013 02:38 PM

Here is your Manning contract, just so you understand why he won't be playing there in 5 years. Denver can opt out anytime, and each year is guaranteed, with NO SIGNING BONUS. So, when they have a SB or two, and/or realize he isn't gonna get them there, he is gone. In all likelihood, that is when they have to pony up the next bigtime contract on either Dumerville, Miller, Thomas, or Decker.

There is a reason New England won three superbowls, but none lately. It's simply too hard to keep all the playmakers these days.

ToxSocks 01-02-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9269013)
That's not all in Clark's control. If Andy says "hey look I like your offer but I want to see out my other interviews" there is only so much Clark can do.

Especially if Clark "cut in line". By the timeline in which the reports came out, and the fact that Clark flew to HIM, tells me that's exactly what happened. Clark finds out Reid is going to AZ, says, "hey, wait a second, let me stop by and see you before you take off to AZ"

O.city 01-02-2013 02:41 PM

So whats likely to happen next? Reid goes to Phoenix, hears what they have to offer, calls Clark up and says here's what it is?

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 02:41 PM

ROFL
Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9269017)
Here is your Manning contract, just so you understand why he won't be playing there in 5 years. Denver can opt out anytime, and each year is guaranteed, with NO SIGNING BONUS. So, when they have a SB or two, and/or realize he isn't gonna get them there, he is gone. In all likelihood, that is when they have to pony up the next bigtime contract on either Dumerville, Miller, Thomas, or Decker.

There is a reason New England won three superbowls, but none lately. It's simply too hard to keep all the playmakers these days.

Funny thing is...a lot of those playmakers aren't nearly as effective when they switch teams.

htismaqe 01-02-2013 02:42 PM

Now they're talking about Andy Reid basically being a bad human being and not much of a "real man" because he's gonna coach football instead taking care of his family.

They think Clark interviewing Andy Reid is like a sideshow circus attraction. Keitzman is saying he shouldn't even be a candidate.

And they're talking about the "7 man dog and pony" show in Atlanta. Clinkscale said the Chiefs are a 3-ring circus.

Messier 01-02-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9268983)
Clinkscale is already calling the coaching search a failure.

He's also saying Whisenhunt is signing with the Bills. I haven't seen this anywhere. Is someone playing a prank on the 810 guys? Maybe that's why they're all going nuts.