ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Patriots' Hernandez Questioned By Police in Homicide Probe (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273914)

LoneWolf 06-27-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9780570)
Technically, it could just be a "circumstance" that the text messages were sent around that time or his car was used.

One or two circumstances are possibilities. Eventually the anomalies add up to such an extent that it is nearly improbable to have a reasonable doubt about whether or not someone was involved.

I thought they were able to tell that he was in the vehicle, or at least his phone was. If they found shell casings, I would think they'd have fingerprints on them unless they were loaded by someone wearing gloves. The text from the deceased telling his sister he is with "NFL" is pretty damning.

Saul Good 06-27-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9780559)
If everything I've read is true, then how can this be considered circumstantial evidence? Video, cell-phone tracking, text messages, and shell casings. Plus it sounds like one of his friends might testify against him.

Pretty much everything short of a confession or catching the perpetrator in the act is circumstantial.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-27-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9780587)
You're a detective now. You're not allowed to believe in coincides.

Does that mean that Hernandez is here to end the borrowed time that New England has been living on?

LoneWolf 06-27-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9780623)
Does that mean that Hernandez is here to end the borrowed time that New England has been living on?

He's Belichik's reckoning.

Setsuna 06-27-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9780600)
I thought they were able to tell that he was in the vehicle, or at least his phone was. If they found shell casings, I would think they'd have fingerprints on them unless they were loaded by someone wearing gloves. The text from the deceased telling his sister he is with "NFL" is pretty damning.

Soooo he was with the entire league? Interesting

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9780657)
Soooo he was with the entire league? Interesting

I hope you're not paying too much for that college education because if so, you're getting ripped off.

Saul Good 06-27-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9780600)

It is damning...not because it proves that Hernandez was in the car...that much was obvious. To me, it shows that he felt that he was in danger and wanted people to know who was guilty.

DJ's left nut 06-27-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9780606)
Pretty much everything short of a confession or catching the perpetrator in the act is circumstantial.

Exactly. Technically speaking, DNA evidence is circumstantial. If an inference of any sort has to be drawn from the evidence presented, it's circumstantial evidence. DNA allows for an inference of presence/ownership which allows for an inference of the alleged conduct. DNA evidence is textbook circumstantial evidence.

But brain surgeons like Setsuna eat that shit up when defense attorneys start taking about "purely circumstantial evidence" as though circumstantial evidence is somehow akin to a psychic reading.

Direct evidence, especially witness testimony, is notoriously unreliable, but evidently that's all you can convict on according to the average half-wit.

Setsuna 06-27-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9780670)
It is damning...not because it proves that Hernandez was in the car...that much was obvious. To me, it shows that he felt that he was in danger and wanted people to know who was guilty.

ROFL yes please speculate about the state of mind of someone who isn't you. Justice.

Setsuna 06-27-2013 08:33 PM

Left nut you're wrong and keep doubting me.

DJ's left nut 06-27-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9780570)
Technically, it could just be a "circumstance" that the text messages were sent around that time or his car was used.

One or two circumstances are possibilities. Eventually the anomalies add up to such an extent that it is nearly improbable to have a reasonable doubt about whether or not someone was involved.

If the prosecutor can't disprove aliens these days, that constitutes 'reasonable' doubt in the minds of many these days.

The word has lost all meaning in this context. I swear it's as though people just read it out of the burden of proof altogether.

DJ's left nut 06-27-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9780696)
Left nut you're wrong and keep doubting me.

You're an idiot and the living embodiment of all that's wrong with the criminal justice system. But by all means, keep eating the pages every time someone buys you a book...

You're right that Hernandez can beat this, but only because so many people revel in living in ignorance just as you do.

beach tribe 06-27-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9780417)
That's just isn't specific enough. But honestly her accent was a dead give away. Don't know why anyone is surprised.

Saying someone is racist because of their accent is the same as saying they are a thief because of their skin color.
Profiling is wrong no matter who is doing it.
Even if you were joking there are people who do it.
Paula deen is a racist POS. But its not because of her accent.

Setsuna 06-27-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9780795)
Saying someone is racist because of their accent is the same as saying they are a thief because of their skin color.
Profiling is wrong no matter who is doing it.
Even if you were joking there are people who do it.
Paula deen is a racist POS. But its not because of her accent.

I'm not googling it. Someone tell me.

Setsuna 06-27-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9780766)
You're an idiot and the living embodiment of all that's wrong with the criminal justice system. But by all means, keep eating the pages every time someone buys you a book...

You're right that Hernandez can beat this, but only because so many people revel in living in ignorance just as you do.

Ahhh I see. You are God and know for certain he is guilty. It all makes sense now.