ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Easy 6 07-12-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9806125)
Watched Act of Valor on Netflix.

It was okay.

I didn't get the FP camera angle.

Doom tried it and it was dumb then.

While certainly none of them were budding DeNiro's, i was actually kinda impressed that those real life SEALS didnt totally embarrass themselves on camera.

Some of the action scenes were pretty tight as well and i enjoyed the thinly veiled glimpses of their actions around the world, they're some bad motorscooters.

Its definitely worth a $3 rental.

ThaVirus 07-14-2013 09:15 PM

Jack Reacher was actually really ****ing good.

I was not expecting that.

patteeu 07-14-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9812714)

Agree

Dayze 07-15-2013 07:16 AM

took my niece and nephew to see Dispicable Me on Friday night. damn it was funny.
the minions crack my shit up. Kiddos loved it. Though my little niece was really tired towards the end and fell asleep on my lap. Poor thing.

underEJ 07-15-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9807754)
It's a tough business.

That is the movie going public's fault. As soon as they stop making Grown Ups 2 the number one movie, better movies might get distribution.

I am disgusted with movie goers. I rarely go to busy openings, preferring the 9 or 10 AM showings, but I went to Pacific Rim Friday night at a big multiplex, 18 screens showing 5 movies, and there were a scattered few people waiting for PR, and just a mass of people lined up three screenings ahead for Grown Ups 2.

I am so glad tv is having a golden age because movies are just going to get worse, and nothing new will ever get into theaters.

patteeu 07-15-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 9813355)
That is the movie going public's fault. As soon as they stop making Grown Ups 2 the number one movie, better movies might get distribution.

I am disgusted with movie goers. I rarely go to busy openings, preferring the 9 or 10 AM showings, but I went to Pacific Rim Friday night at a big multiplex, 18 screens showing 5 movies, and there were a scattered few people waiting for PR, and just a mass of people lined up three screenings ahead for Grown Ups 2.

I am so glad tv is having a golden age because movies are just going to get worse, and nothing new will ever get into theaters.

Pacific Rim? It may be a better movie than Grown Ups 2, but I'm not sure you should be looking down your nose at the GU2 people too much.

underEJ 07-15-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9813367)
Pacific Rim? It may be a better movie than Grown Ups 2, but I'm not sure you should be looking down your nose at the GU2 people too much.

Oh please. It is something new. And it is pretty damn fun. I am not lamenting that GU2 exists, but that it completely negates the existence of anything else. I actually would have preferred to see The Hunt, but it is only at one theater and I missed the start time due to work. It isn't even a blip in the public eye.

Pepe Silvia 07-15-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9812714)

I'm not surprised. No matter how much people want to hate on Tom Cruise he makes some great ****ing movies and that can't be disputed.

ThaVirus 07-15-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 9814145)
I'm not surprised. No matter how much people want to hate on Tom Cruise he makes some great ****ing movies and that can't be disputed.

Yeah, I've never hated on the guy, per se; but he is a ****ing weirdo.

ThaVirus 07-17-2013 02:12 AM

My roommate's brother is leaving for school and left his DVD collection at our house and my girlfriend is out of town so I've been laying around being a lifeless slob, watching movies all day long.

Here Comes the Boom was OK. Worth a watch but not even funny at all.

Jack Reacher, as I mentioned earlier, was pretty ****ing good. You should watch that if you haven't.

A Good Day to Die Hard or whatever the **** the title is. I got about 10 minutes into this movie before I started playing on my phone. I have NO clue what its even about.

I also rewatched X Men: First Class, The Amazing Spider-Man, and Rise of the Planet of the Apes for the first time since I saw them in theaters.

X Men was just about as good as I remember it. Michael Fassbender played his part exquisitely and Magneto is jus ta ****ing beast. When he lifted the submarine out of the water I damn near achieved a full erection.

Spider-Man was whatever; just a totally average movie. That sucks though because Spidey is my favorite superhero. Oh well, I'm sure we'll get another reboot in about 8 months..

And Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Man, I really like that movie. They did a good job of making you root for the apes even though you know it means the downfall of the human race. I know it was all CGI, but Caesar's facial expressions really helped you feel his emotion.

Hammock Parties 07-17-2013 07:19 AM

heavy

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...35718318_n.jpg

MagicHef 07-17-2013 07:51 AM

Just watched It's a Disaster.

Very dry humor, reminded me of a Christopher Guest movie (but not mocumentary). I really enjoyed it.

ThaVirus 07-19-2013 01:40 AM

Snitch with the Rock and Shane from Walking Dead sucked. Don't bother.

Buehler445 07-19-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9820709)
Snitch with the Rock and Shane from Walking Dead sucked. Don't bother.

You thought it wouldn't?

ThaVirus 07-19-2013 10:06 AM

I've never not liked a Rock flick. This one was just nothing like his others...