ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

DJ's left nut 10-23-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10116144)
True. Other than Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Texas A&M, and possibly Alabama, we only play a few bowl teams.

And the road W against Indiana's looking better and better.

Those guys beat Penn State and hung with Michigan State and Michigan (on the road). Had Devin Gardner not gone into total God Mode against them, they'd have been able to take Michigan in the Big House.

Stupid comeback is stupid. Mizzou's taken down some damn good opponents this year.

Prison Bitch 10-23-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10116269)
If we are talking about Mizzou vs Baylor I think that game in a bowl would be very competitive & am not sure who would win although I'd pick Mizzou b/c I'm skeptical of Baylor's defense & think MU would get to the QB enough to slow them down in what would still be a high scoring game.

In a few weeks we should have a better handle on that.

Everyone in the country would love an Oregon-Baylor BCS Title game. (Except for the dorks in certain SEC states). Talk about interesting. People are fatigued with Alabama except for their fans and of course Saul who loves them.

Saul Good 10-23-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10116618)
Everyone in the country would love an Oregon-Baylor BCS Title game. (Except for the dorks in certain SEC states). Talk about interesting. People are fatigued with Alabama except for their fans and of course Saul who loves them.

Yeah...the country can't get enough Baylor. Everywhere I go, I see Baylor gear.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-23-2013 10:58 AM

Yeah, the nation is just pining for another Big Bevo team to get ass raped in the title game by the SEC.

Prison Bitch 10-23-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10116634)
Yeah, the nation is just pining for another Big Bevo team to get ass raped in the title game by the SEC.

That wasn't the matchup I mentioned. Try reading next time.

mnchiefsguy 10-23-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10116187)
The SEC-E isn't very good this year.

Yeah, just horrible with 4 teams in the top 25. Idiot post is idiot post.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-23-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10116651)
That wasn't the matchup I mentioned. Try reading next time.

Oregon will fail like always. That style of play is awful to watch.

tredadda 10-23-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

No they don't.

Prison Bitch 10-23-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 10116659)
Yeah, just horrible with 4 teams in the top 25. Idiot post is idiot post.

It's barely ahead of the Big 12 in sagarin, and behind the SEC-W (obviously) and the Pac-North. So no. In fact it's not that great and seems to be getting worse by the day.

tredadda 10-23-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10116666)
It's barely ahead of the Big 12 in sagarin, and behind the SEC-W (obviously) and the Pac-North. So no. In fact it's not that great and seems to be getting worse by the day.

Is there a Sagarin Men's National Championship game? The way you hype Sagarin one would think it is the most important thing going.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-23-2013 11:09 AM

This is becoming as annoying as Ken Pom Connection

Prison Bitch 10-23-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 10116677)
Is there a Sagarin Men's National Championship game? The way you hype Sagarin one would think it is the most important thing going.

I wish there was something - anything really - that would've kept that trash Notre Dame team out of last year's title game. Of course it didn't affect me much since I dind't watch it, knowing they'd get smoked.

warpaint* 10-23-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Make no mistake I have Bammer fatigue but more than that I just want whomever the two best teams are which at this point in time I believe are two of Alabama/Oregon/Florida St.

Every week adds context though so we'll see how it looks in a month.

As for what would be interesting just from a style perspective seeing what Saban would do w/ Jameis Winston or Oregon is very intriguing.

It's harder to figure out this year b/c I think every team is beatable and the margin is razor thin.

tredadda 10-23-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10116699)
I wish there was something - anything really - that would've kept that trash Notre Dame team out of last year's title game. Of course it didn't affect me much since I dind't watch it, knowing they'd get smoked.

Undefeated records tend to get bids in the NC game more often than not. Sorry that bothers you. Good swipe at my team though, I guess it is easier than actually easier than answering the question.

warpaint* 10-23-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10116699)

Various not so subtle clues include pillow fights with Pitt, Purdue, and BYU. They were less than impressive against others as well. They got all that run off smoking OU who it turned out sucked from a nationally elite perspective.