ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

O.city 01-15-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9321680)
I think he has a pretty decent football IQ, but we'll find out at the combine.

I agree that Geno's stock dropped. RG3 has been so clutch the last 2 years he's played football in 2 places.

RG3 lifted Baylor and put them on this back. Took them far. As if that wasn't enough, he took a 3-6 NFL team to a division title over the SB champs no less.

Geno's team has progressively gotten worse as the year went on and he hasn't shown that impressive streak he had against weaker teams in the first month of the season.

You can count on RG3 to lead your team to a win. You can't say that about very many QB's in the NFL today.

Lifted Baylor to what? The Alamo bowl? The fact that their offense was rated better this year, shows to a certain degree that system played a part in that, as it does in Geno's success.

And when you break it down, Geno's Baylor team won, 9 games I believe? Geno's WV won 7, two of which he put them ahead with less than 2 minutes to go.

Either way, weaker teams or not, he still put up the numbers and showed the accuracy.

In the end, it's just a wait and see game.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-15-2013 04:53 PM

So, many ****ing troll/mult n00bs lately

htismaqe 01-15-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

I agree that Geno's stock dropped. RG3 has been so clutch the last 2 years he's played football in 2 places.

RG3 lifted Baylor and put them on this back. Took them far. As if that wasn't enough, he took a 3-6 NFL team to a division title over the SB champs no less.

Geno's team has progressively gotten worse as the year went on and he hasn't shown that impressive streak he had against weaker teams in the first month of the season.

You can count on RG3 to lead your team to a win. You can't say that about very many QB's in the NFL today.

Geno single-handedly willed his team to victory over OU only to have his defense to all Denver Broncos on him.

This criticism HAS to go both ways in order to be objective.

Saccopoo 01-15-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9321573)
He's a statue. Drew Bledsoe had better mobility.

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4083/5...d1d1be72_z.jpg

O.city 01-15-2013 04:56 PM

I know this is a twitter quote, but I feel like it could bring some discussion. And I havne't watched much of Joekel, but someone who has, is this right?

NFL Philosophy ‏@NFLosophy

But here's the thing, if Joeckel is Jonathan Ogden and Geno Smith is Alex Smith (solid comparisons), which would you rather have?

Saccopoo 01-15-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefPassesALot (Post 9321639)
The throws in the video are not against NFL STARTING competition. Some of those balls get EASILY picked by Pros. Especially that first long out route. That is a pick 6 in the pros.

How about this one then?:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qvrXu9Fsvpk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nearly the entire secondary is a first round NFL draft pick. As well as the three NFL first round draft picks on the defensive line. And the first round LB.

Idiots.

ARROW2 01-15-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9321717)
I know this is a twitter quote, but I feel like it could bring some discussion. And I havne't watched much of Joekel, but someone who has, is this right?

But here's the thing, if Joeckel is Jonathan Ogden and Geno Smith is Alex Smith (solid comparisons), which would you rather have?

Solid comparison my ass....Man, **** that bullshit.....This shit is pissing me off....

AndChiefs 01-15-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9321717)

I think he'll be a very good LT in the NFL. But I want a QB.

O.city 01-15-2013 05:01 PM

Ogden was a first ballot HOF'er.

I mean, it would be hard to turn that down.

duncan_idaho 01-15-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Geno was just as good in the last 5 games of the season as he was in the first 5. They just played teams with pass defenses that ranked in the middle of the pack rather than against James Madison, Marshall and Baylor. His numbers versus TCU, Oklahoma, Iowa State, and Oklahoma State are right in light with what he did early against Texas and Maryland.

kansas was the only team in the last 5 games that put up Madison/Marshall level of non-resistance.

That game against Syracuse blinds people to how well Geno bounced back from the KSU debacle (which was team-wide, not just him).

ARROW2 01-15-2013 05:02 PM

I really really think that race has something to do with this shit...I was trying not to go there but this is bullshit........If WV had a defense, everybody would be slobbering on his nuts. Didn't they damn near average 40 points per game?

ARROW2 01-15-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 9321727)
Solid comparison my ass....Man, **** that bullshit.....This shit is pissing me off....

I really really think that race has something to do with this shit...I was trying not to go there but this is bullshit........If WV had a defense, everybody would be slobbering on his nuts. Didn't they damn near average 40 points per game on offense?

RunKC 01-15-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9321698)
Lifted Baylor to what? The Alamo bowl? The fact that their offense was rated better this year, shows to a certain degree that system played a part in that, as it does in Geno's success.

And when you break it down, Geno's Baylor team won, 9 games I believe? Geno's WV won 7, two of which he put them ahead with less than 2 minutes to go.

Either way, weaker teams or not, he still put up the numbers and showed the accuracy.

In the end, it's just a wait and see game.

3 out of 11 drives on offense (I didn't count the drive with the bad call) resulted in points while the rest were bad and going 0/10 on 3rd down in his bowl game is not concern to you?

DJ's left nut 01-15-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9321611)
Smith should be compared to guys like Bradford and Ryan, whose playing styles and strengths are similar to his.

Sorry, can't do it.

Black quarterbacks are black quarterbacks - the end.

Can't point out that Geno does everything Bradford did and many things that Bradford didn't. Or that he takes every strength Ryan had coming out of BC and combines it with actually being able to protect the football.

Nope - have to compare him to the most athletic QB in history and then that fat one that drank cough syrup.

I ****ing hate the world.

ARROW2 01-15-2013 05:05 PM

Sorry for the multiple posts.....internet acting funny.