ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271595)

RustShack 01-10-2014 01:01 AM

I have no problem at all with letting the refs know when they make a bad call. Sorry that bothers you?

Pablo 01-10-2014 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10358824)
I have no problem at all with letting the refs know when they make a bad call. Sorry that bothers you?

I'm not bothered.

Comforted, in fact, that you openly admit your blood-lust when a referee "makes a bad call".

Savages. All of you.

KC_Connection 01-10-2014 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10358814)
We boo on bad calls like any other fanbase.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...o-this-man.gif

DJay23 01-10-2014 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10358824)

The problem is your fans think every call against ISU is a bad call.

Braincase 01-10-2014 06:35 AM

Quote:

We boo on calls against our guys like any other fanbase.

You lack objectivity. I've never heard an ISU fan even consider that a call that went their way may have been a bad call.

Buehler445 01-10-2014 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10358810)
Oh, by the way.

**** K-State and everything they stand for.

Hope that wasn't too abrasive.

KU by 6 on Saturday.

This. I wonder what officials we get? KSUck is incapable of playing within the restrictions of the the new foul rules.

Bearcat 01-10-2014 07:26 AM

I went to a KU game in Lincoln a few years ago and it was pretty similar to Ames, except fewer people show up and the student section is like 14 people, so it's probably not nearly as obvious on TV.

The guy in front of us was hilarious, too... we were a few rows from the top of the arena behind one of the baskets, but this guy could apparently spot every travel (at least one every time KU had the ball) and every single foul against Nebraska was bullshit (and of course booed). Cookie Miller is awesome, too.

Of course, every team has a few of those fans, and being the underdog has something to do with it, too.

I'll be surprised if Kansas wins in Ames this time around (even with the refs' help :) ), but it would be pretty sweet if they could pull off another miracle like last year.

Buehler445 01-10-2014 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 10358900)
I went to a KU game in Lincoln a few years ago and it was pretty similar to Ames, except fewer people show up and the student section is like 14 people, so it's probably not nearly as obvious on TV.

The guy in front of us was hilarious, too... we were a few rows from the top of the arena behind one of the baskets, but this guy could apparently spot every travel (at least one every time KU had the ball) and every single foul against Nebraska was bullshit (and of course booed). Cookie Miller is awesome, too.

Of course, every team has a few of those fans, and being the underdog has something to do with it, too.

I'll be surprised if Kansas wins in Ames this time around (even with the refs' help :) ), but it would be pretty sweet if they could pull off another miracle like last year.

LOL

I had completely forgotten about Cookie Miller. That dude was comedy GOLD.

Mr. Plow 01-10-2014 08:41 AM

Quote:

We boo on bad calls like any other fanbase.

Yes. You guys boo just the "bad" calls. ROFL

Mr. Plow 01-10-2014 08:42 AM

I've been so busy I didn't even pay attention to the challenging start to conference play we've got.

Lzen 01-10-2014 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10358976)
I've been so busy I didn't even pay attention to the challenging start to conference play we've got.

Uh, yeah. That's a helluva first 6 or 7 games. :eek:

Bambi 01-10-2014 09:14 AM

I love it when KU gets all the calls in Ames.

It's why we win those games.

Bearcat 01-10-2014 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10358964)
LOL

I had completely forgotten about Cookie Miller. That dude was comedy GOLD.

That was the game Cookie jumped on Mario Little and Gottlieb called him a punk...

http://youtu.be/N_QhfgED0oQ

Bearcat 01-10-2014 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10358976)

I think I'll be free enough to watch the games, but too busy to log onto CP those days... the chicken littles have taken over game time even more than usual, and a couple of losses might send them over the edge.

Lzen 01-10-2014 09:22 AM

It was funny that little Cookie couldn't even rip that ball away when Mario Little only had one arm around it. ROFL

If Mario wanted to he would have destroyed little Cookie Miller.

Lzen 01-10-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 10359050)
I think I'll be free enough to watch the games, but too busy to log onto CP those days... the chicken littles have taken over game time even more than usual, and a couple of losses might send them over the edge.

I will be sure to text you all of the negative thoughts and comments during the games. :D

Bearcat 01-10-2014 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10359058)
I will be sure to text you all of the negative thoughts and comments during the games. :D

:cuss:

They are good for a laugh sometimes. Some people say there are Chiefs fans who would find something to complain about if they won multiple Super Bowls, and regardless of how much they've complained over the years, that just sounds absurd... then I read the comments in this thread and think they might have a point.

Buehler445 01-10-2014 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 10359041)
That was the game Cookie jumped on Mario Little and Gottlieb called him a punk...

http://youtu.be/N_QhfgED0oQ

That's what I was thinking about. God that was hilarious. I lived in Nebraska at the time too. ****ing comedy gold.

Bambi 01-10-2014 09:45 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sVzVaHeTWiE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lzen 01-10-2014 09:51 AM

Just was looking at these rankings. Thought the BPI was interesting.

KU is #6
KSU is #47

ISU is #1? :eek:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bpi

Lzen 01-10-2014 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10359087)
<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sVzVaHeTWiE" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

That's just.......unfair. He's a man amongst boys. Gotta give the defender credit. It was a valiant effort.

ChiTown 01-10-2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10359093)
Just was looking at these rankings. Thought the BPI was interesting.

KU is #6
KSU is #47

ISU is #1? :eek:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bpi

BPI is a joke - RPI is legit

Lzen 01-10-2014 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 10359116)

I disagree. But would you care to explain?

Lzen 01-10-2014 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 10359116)

And just for the record, RPI rankings:

KU #3
KSU #45

ISU #2

ChiTown 01-10-2014 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10359120)
I disagree. But would you care to explain?

See: Virginia, West

0-3 vs top 50, 0-1 vs 101-150 and a BPI of 41 - Uh, no.

Lzen 01-10-2014 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 10359137)
See: Virginia, West

0-3 vs top 50, 0-1 vs 101-150 and a BPI of 41 - Uh, no.

Ok, so they are #66 is RPI. You make a good argument.

Braincase 01-10-2014 11:07 AM

I like our chances tomorrow. Had a decent road test versus Oklahoma, and we should have pretty good support versus KSU tomorrow. Monday night... wow. That will be intense.

Imon Yourside 01-10-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 10359227)
I like our chances tomorrow. Had a decent road test versus Oklahoma, and we should have pretty good support versus KSU tomorrow. Monday night... wow. That will be intense.

Where is EJ when we need him?

saphojunkie 01-10-2014 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 10359277)
Where is EJ when we need him?

I wouldn't doubt that Elijah Johnson never sets foot in that shithole ever again.

DJay23 01-10-2014 12:39 PM

Quote:

Honestly I don't bother with game threads anymore because of the chicken littles. And also the influx of bad fans. It used to be we just had to deal with CoMo not knowing what the hell he's talking about.

saphojunkie 01-10-2014 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cliff alexander
"We were flat and I wanted to do something to get us started. I couldn't even tell you what I did. It was a great pass. I just went up and grabbed it and threw it down as hard as I could. I knew it was a good one, just by looking at everyone's faces after it happened."

Cliff Alexander re: that dunk.

He is going to be so good for this team. Complete ****ing alpha dog.

Between him and Oubre, there is just going to be a ton of big dick swinging next year.

saphojunkie 01-10-2014 01:11 PM

I fear for teams if Embiid stays.

Ceej 01-10-2014 01:12 PM

What I like most about Alexander (at least in re: to his videos) is the fact he tries to break the ****ing rim. I love the attitude.

None of that Chenowith lay-up bullshit here.

saphojunkie 01-10-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10359470)
What I like most about Alexander (at least in re: to his videos) is the fact he tries to break the ****ing rim. I love the attitude.

None of that Chenowith lay-up bullshit here.

That's what I was just saying to my brother. Look, he's dominating kids that will never play in college. But it's his attitude that is the most important. He wants to destroy. He is angry at the rim for existing.

Lots of guys who play against inferior competition will play down to them. He doesn't. We need that. We need a tone setter.

And I don't know if anyone has watched Oubre, but that guy is a complete dick on the court, too - in the best possible way. He is angry at you for putting on a uniform and showing up to the game. how. dare. you.

Mr. Plow 01-10-2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 10359411)
Honestly I don't bother with game threads anymore because of the chicken littles. And also the influx of bad fans. It used to be we just had to deal with CoMo not knowing what the hell he's talking about.

It's fun to mess with the chicken littles though. They really believe the crap they throw out there. You mix in the over inflated ego of most KU basketball fans & it's fun times.

Bearcat 01-10-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 10359411)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10359491)
It's fun to mess with the chicken littles though. They really believe the crap they throw out there. You mix in the over inflated ego of most KU basketball fans & it's fun times.

There have always been a few, and for their sake I hope this is just a place to vent and they just never happen to get around to saying anything positive, or else they should probably find something more enjoyable to do with their time. The Wiggins stuff the other night escalated to a CoMo-Kaun type of complex.

In some ways though, it actually helps me shrug off losses or poor play even more, since I find myself poking fun at and negating all of the whining over one of the few teams around here that actually delivers far more enjoyment than disappointment.

CoMoChief 01-10-2014 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 10359690)
There have always been a few, and for their sake I hope this is just a place to vent and they just never happen to get around to saying anything positive, or else they should probably find something more enjoyable to do with their time. The Wiggins stuff the other night escalated to a CoMo-Kaun type of complex.

In some ways though, it actually helps me shrug off losses or poor play even more, since I find myself poking fun at and negating all of the whining over one of the few teams around here that actually delivers far more enjoyment than disappointment.

Khan sucks man ....get over it

ChiTown 01-10-2014 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10359466)
I fear for teams if Embiid stays.

He is projected at #4 per draft express and could very well go to #1 with continued progress. Unless he's reeruned, and that's possible, he gone.

saphojunkie 01-10-2014 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 10360051)
He is projected at #4 per draft express and could very well go to #1 with continued progress. Unless he's reeruned, and that's possible, he gone.

Dude, I'm with you. But Self came out this week and specifically said that Embiid is considering staying, for a couple reasons:

1. His family has money. I know that isn't usually the case with players coming from Africa, but his dad is a colonel in the Cameroon army. (warlord)

2. He is more concerned with getting better than getting paid. He said that he is studying the great centers and seeing who stayed in school at least two years and who didn't.

3. He didn't even speak English when he got here 2.5 years ago. There is still a ton about American culture that he doesn't understand and it can be more than daunting suddenly being completely responsible for yourself with the money and pressure of the NBA lifestyle when you still don't really understand the country you live in.

Think about how much more safe college is than the pros for him right now. He has to do nothing but go to class and go to practice. All of his meals, housing, transportation, everything... just taken care of.

This is not what I am saying... this is what Bill Self said. And what Joel is saying. It doesn't seem reeruned. It seems unbelievably mature and wise.

I still say he leaves, though, but my god can you imagine him playing next to Cliff? With Oubre on the wing?

And if SELDEN stays too?

:whackit:

ChiTown 01-10-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10360083)
Dude, I'm with you. But Self came out this week and specifically said that Embiid is considering staying, for a couple reasons:

1. His family has money. I know that isn't usually the case with players coming from Africa, but his dad is a colonel in the Cameroon army. (warlord)

2. He is more concerned with getting better than getting paid. He said that he is studying the great centers and seeing who stayed in school at least two years and who didn't.

3. He didn't even speak English when he got here 2.5 years ago. There is still a ton about American culture that he doesn't understand and it can be more than daunting suddenly being completely responsible for yourself with the money and pressure of the NBA lifestyle when you still don't really understand the country you live in.

Think about how much more safe college is than the pros for him right now. He has to do nothing but go to class and go to practice. All of his meals, housing, transportation, everything... just taken care of.

This is not what I am saying... this is what Bill Self said. And what Joel is saying. It doesn't seem reeruned. It seems unbelievably mature and wise.

I still say he leaves, though, but my god can you imagine him playing next to Cliff? With Oubre on the wing?

And if SELDEN stays too?

:whackit:

I hear ya, and Frank Martin and Mike Beasley both talked about Bease staying 2-3 years, all the way up to the last week of the Season. Not gonna happen. His Parents may have money, but I highly doubt they have top 5 NBA money at their disposal. He gone.

Now, Selden...............that's possible, especially because he isn't blowing it up yet. He's got game, but that is a kid that could use AT LEAST one more year in school.

saphojunkie 01-10-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 10360106)
I hear ya, and Frank Martin and Mike Beasley both talked about Bease staying 2-3 years, all the way up to the last week of the Season. Not gonna happen. His Parents may have money, but I highly doubt they have top 5 NBA money at their disposal. He gone.

Now, Selden...............that's possible, especially because he isn't blowing it up yet. He's got game, but that is a kid that could use AT LEAST one more year in school.

I've been saying Embiid is gone since November. Gone. I'm not letting this get my hopes up, but it's fun to imagine.

Of course, we all KNEW that Brandon Rush was a one and done. I do think Selden should be leaning toward staying.

KC_Connection 01-10-2014 06:31 PM

EJ was playing pretty well for some Polish club team last I checked. It's no million dollar Sasha Kaun type pro contract, I'm sure, but it's something.

This KU team could certainly use an EJ type of performance again at ISU next week if they want to win that game. It won't be easy.

Buehler445 01-10-2014 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10360237)
EJ was playing pretty well for some Polish club team last I checked. It's no million dollar Sasha Kaun type pro contract, I'm sure, but it's something.

This KU team could certainly use an EJ type of performance again at ISU next week if they want to win that game. It won't be easy.

I'd like to catch one of their flop games for once.

Mr. Plow 01-10-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10359704)
Khan sucks man ....get over it

ROFL

Prison Bitch 01-10-2014 08:11 PM

Kaun went 6-6 with 13 vs Davidson to save our ass. I will always love that man for that one.

Kiimo 01-10-2014 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10360422)
Kaun went 6-6 with 13 vs Davidson to save our ass. I will always love that man for that one.

And for about a thousand other reasons. Still the nicest player I've ever met in person and one of my all-time favorites. How do you not love a huge Russian computer programmer named Kaun?

Buehler445 01-10-2014 08:29 PM

Quote:

And that son of a bitch would demolish ****ers on screens. He set the best screens on the screen by 13 miles.

Prison Bitch 01-10-2014 08:35 PM

We got down 4 at the 8 min mark and I could remember being completely out of my mind. I'll never forget that game or Kauns stick backs. It was excruciating

Braincase 01-10-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

He'll never amount to anything. He'll be lucky to the mascot of a Pro team. /CoMo

Brianfo 01-10-2014 09:01 PM

Kansas gets clowned in Ames on Monday night. Write it down. Gonna happen.

Kiimo 01-10-2014 09:10 PM

Thanks for the info, wrote it down.

RustShack 01-10-2014 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianfo (Post 10360509)

Before the Baylor game I thought they were the hardest home game this year. So tall and athletic, even before the game the only missed like one shot from the three. I'm confident we don't lose at home this year... And shouldn't have last year either.

Pablo 01-10-2014 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianfo (Post 10360509)

No.

Melvins go home crying for the second consecutive year.

chiefsfan987 01-10-2014 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10360538)
Before the Baylor game I thought they were the hardest home game this year. So tall and athletic, even before the game the only missed like one shot from the three. I'm confident we don't lose at home this year... And shouldn't have last year either.

KU is going to win in Ames. You guys are going to lose tomorrow @ OU as well. ISU is a good team but they are way overdue for a loss.

Imon Yourside 01-10-2014 11:05 PM

What are the odds someone tries to punch Self after the game?

Al Czervik 01-10-2014 11:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 10360677)
What are the odds someone tries to punch Self after the game?

The name....is....Melvin

RustShack 01-10-2014 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan987 (Post 10360676)
KU is going to win in Ames. You guys are going to lose tomorrow @ OU as well. ISU is a good team but they are way overdue for a loss.

Lol are you serious? We are just getting better as the year goes on.

chiefsfan987 01-11-2014 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10360736)
Lol are you serious? We are just getting better as the year goes on.

Totally serious. Looks like I'm not the only one who thinks they're going to lose either.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...62--ncaab.html

"Iowa State at Oklahoma (Saturday, 12 p.m. EST): The one item missing from Iowa State's otherwise impeccable start is a quality road win. The unbeaten Cyclones have toppled Iowa, Michigan and Baylor at home and Boise State on a neutral floor, but their most impressive road wins came by two at now-struggling BYU and by 11 at Big 12 bottom feeder Texas Tech. Winning at Oklahoma would be a step up in class. The Sooners have a senior star in 6-foot-7 Cameron Clark and a talented young supporting cast. Iowa State already has done enough to earn the status of Big 12 contender, but it's road tests like this that will determine whether the Cyclones pose a serious threat to Kansas' league title streak or not. Projected winner: Oklahoma."

RustShack 01-11-2014 12:34 AM

What's that have to so with Kansas? Yeah Oklahoma is a classic trap game. We've also started slow every game until Baylor. But we've proven we can come back from big deficits. BYU is a good road win, they've lost 11 home games in the last eight years.

We return two guys from last years rotation. Two true freshman and a sophomore who didn't play besides mop up duty play starter minutes. We are just getting better as they play together more.

But we are better than Oklahoma, and should win. That's why they play the games.

TLO 01-11-2014 12:41 AM

Trap game reference. LMAO

Oh, and, BOOOOØœOöÒOooo!

Silock 01-11-2014 12:56 AM

Look, ISU has a good team. A very, very good one. Probably better than KU at this point in the season (subject to change if we get our heads out of our asses). There's no reason to disparage them.

But MY GOD are you ISU fans getting ****ing uppity all of a sudden. Calm the **** down until you actually win something. I get it that you're excited, but try to maintain some kind of perspective.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-11-2014 07:03 AM

There's a game today?

Braincase 01-11-2014 07:23 AM

Will there be a WeatherwaxWatch on Monday night?

Mr_Tomahawk 01-11-2014 07:25 AM

I am not confident about the game on Monday...

Ceej 01-11-2014 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10360905)
I am not confident about the game on Monday...

I don't think many reasonable KU fans are.

Bambi 01-11-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10360791)
What's that have to so with Kansas? Yeah Oklahoma is a classic trap game. We've also started slow every game until Baylor. But we've proven we can come back from big deficits. BYU is a good road win, they've lost 11 home games in the last eight years.

We return two guys from last years rotation. Two true freshman and a sophomore who didn't play besides mop up duty play starter minutes. We are just getting better as they play together more.

But we are better than Oklahoma, and should win. That's why they play the games.

How it it a trap game? Oklahoma is 110-78 vs Iowa State.

Bambi 01-11-2014 11:56 AM

http://rockchalkblog.com/wp-content/...092014.jpg.jpg

Prison Bitch 01-11-2014 12:23 PM

Of the original 12 schools in the league, only 1 had a winning record vs everyone. (Obvious answer there). But what school had a winning record vs 10 of the 11 schools?

Answer: OU.

Archie F. Swin 01-11-2014 12:56 PM

Anyone have two tix to KU at TCU their looking to get rid of?

KC_Connection 01-11-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10360791)

And Oklahoma won unsurprisingly. Conference road games aren't easy.

chiefsfan987 01-11-2014 01:06 PM

Let's go Hawks!

Saul Good 01-11-2014 01:07 PM

Jerseys are badass.

A Salt Weapon 01-11-2014 01:53 PM

17 at half, I can live with that. Hopefully we don't pull a Chiefs here.

Kiimo 01-11-2014 01:55 PM

What actor did they say was in the crowd?

Ceej 01-11-2014 01:56 PM

Any chance we can still trade Selden for Foster?

LMAO

Silock 01-11-2014 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 10361365)
What actor did they say was in the crowd?

Rob Riggle

Al Czervik 01-11-2014 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10361370)
Any chance we can still trade Selden for Foster?

LMAO

LOL....Right up there with Ellis being a POS.....Damn PB

chiefsfan987 01-11-2014 02:31 PM

I thought it was against the rules for the officials to let Black take a charge.

Saul Good 01-11-2014 02:41 PM

You pretty much have to go "Last Boy Scout" to get called for a charge anymore.

Pablo 01-11-2014 03:02 PM

Very fun start to conference play.

Hope they bring this **** errbody attitude to Ames on Monday. And then we can all drink the extremely satisfying tears of Clones fans.