ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

SAUTO 01-15-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9321792)
Top 3 OT in the league or a guy who can barely win a playoff game with superior talent all around him....very tough question:rolleyes:

Who is a top three OT?

Jake long? JFC, even Austin , his homer boy, doesn't think that iirc.
Posted via Mobile Device

HolyHat 01-15-2013 06:25 PM

“@NFLosophy: If the Chiefs believe Ryan Mallet is the guy for them, I'd have no problem if they gave up their 1st round pick to the Pats for him.”

This guy just lost all credibility

DJ's left nut 01-15-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9322003)
That was my first thought. Read the guy's responses, though.

He seems to think Mallet is head-and-shoulders above any QB in this class and worthy of a No. 1 overall pick.

It's weird, because he also tweeted today about not making excuses for guys who can't handle pressure. Umm, what is Ryan Mallet's kryptonite (other than running like he has shit in his pants?)

Oh.

Uh....

Well that's not very bright.

Cephalic Trauma 01-15-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9321978)
I don't think he's making a suggestion, I think he's taking the most absurd example possible and making a point of it.

He's saying that if Reid and Dorsey think there's a perfect guy out there for him and are willing to give up their #1 overall for him...well they kinda have a decent track record in this regard.

I've followed the guy for awhile; he knows better than that. I don't think anyone would ever argue that Mallet is even a remotely tolerable fit for Andy Reid's system. It would essentially be like playing with a drunken Michael Vick on 2 broken legs. He's just a massive, stationary arm with accuracy issues and a ten-cent head.

It's essentially the exact opposite of what Reid would look for, but that's this guy's point.

I think you're normally spot on, but you missed the boat on this one. You're giving that guy way too much credit.

SAUTO 01-15-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9321953)
NFL Philosophy ‏@NFLosophy

If the Chiefs believe Ryan Mallet is the guy for them, I'd have no problem if they gave up their 1st round pick to the Pats for him.

Done with this guy

All credibility down the shitter on that quote
Posted via Mobile Device

DJ's left nut 01-15-2013 06:30 PM

Can we finally start ignoring the draft experts talking about this draft now?

FFS, people are actually trying to argue that Matt Flynn, Ryan Mallet and Kirk Cousins would be better prospects than anyone in this draft.

So that's the key - eh? Draft guys and squirrel them away so they can't prove they suck. Then go ahead and trade them for first rounders.

Jesus - we've been looking at the Stanzi debacle all wrong. Pioli was just setting us up for great success through a Stanzi for 1st trade but was fired before he could fully implement his fiendish plan.

COME BACK, SCOOTER!!! COME BACK!!!!!!!!

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9322028)

FFS, people are actually trying to argue that Matt Flynn, Ryan Mallet and Kirk Cousins would be better prospects than anyone in this draft.

So that's the key - eh? Draft guys and squirrel them away so they can't prove they suck. Then go ahead and trade them for first rounders.

Jesus - we've been looking at the Stanzi debacle all wrong. ***** was just setting us up for great success through a Stanzi for 1st trade but was fired before he could fully implement his fiendish plan.

Ryan Mallet is ok, but given our history with retreads or trades or the such, I'd stay away.

Nightfyre 01-15-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9320803)
Has this been posted yet?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FTZZh4cKfXs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This video is epic. The point is to clearly illustrate that he possesses NFL characteristics and it succeeds marvelously.

DJ's left nut 01-15-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9322017)
I think you're normally spot on, but you missed the boat on this one. You're giving that guy way too much credit.

Yup. Foiled by expecting a normally sane person to remain sane while talking about the 2013 QB class.

This is the strangest damn thing I have ever seen in a draft. Well that and the meteoric rise of Danny Watkins among draftnicks. That one was almost as confusing (and as it turns out, he still sucks).

HolyHat 01-15-2013 06:34 PM

I want you guys to read this again. This is absolutely disgusting talk

“@NFLosophy: If the Chiefs believe Ryan Mallet is the guy for them, I'd have no problem if they gave up their 1st round pick to the Pats for him.”

O.city 01-15-2013 06:37 PM

I don't get it, he says this:

NFL Philosophy ‏@NFLosophy

Don't make excuses for a QB. If he's bad with pressure, he's bad with pressure. He's likely always going to have to deal with pressure
Expand

Retweet
Favorite
More

Then this:

FL Philosophy ‏@NFLosophy

@Wardamus @KCsporting Just because he struggles with pressure in college doesn't mean he always will. It's fixable.

Sorter 01-15-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9322028)

Jesus - we've been looking at the Stanzi debacle all wrong. ***** was just setting us up for great success through a Stanzi for 1st trade but was fired before he could fully implement his fiendish plan.

This is a philosophy Andy believes in (Kolb :) )

BigBeauford 01-15-2013 08:50 PM

Frustrating night of trying to spread the good word on Geno. Got the equivalency of being stoned to death on facebook. Anyone else have trouble trying to convince morons about Geno?

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9322463)
Frustrating night of trying to spread the good word on Geno. Got the equivalency of being stoned to death on facebook. Anyone else have trouble trying to convince morons about Geno?

you'll have a hard time convincing me he can be elite and be worthy of the #1 pick.

Saccopoo 01-15-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322466)
you'll have a hard time convincing me he can be elite and be worthy of the #1 pick.

And again reerun, who is worthy of the #1 pick?

Put up or shut up.