ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

nstygma 11-16-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10188573)
I watched The Paperboy for the first time, very good movie.

wasn't at all what you thought it would be, huh?

Ceej 11-16-2013 12:43 PM

Grown Ups 2 was terrible.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-16-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10191652)
Grown Ups 2 was terrible.

You needed to watch it to determine that? C'mon man!!

Hammock Parties 11-16-2013 12:53 PM

I feel kinda bad for spending money to see Ender's Game. I wish I had gone to Thor 2.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-16-2013 12:54 PM

My wife picked up a Kristen Wiig movie from Redbox last night called Girl Most Likely. It was pretty flat, even beyond the normal indie understatement.

In trying to sleep last night I watched Lifeguard on Netflix. Kristen Bell plays a 29-year old suffering through a crisis of meaning in her life who moves home and becomes a lifeguard. It's decent enough, and if you want to see almost all of Kristen Bell, save for nipples and her honey pot, it's got that going for it. A gender-reversed Lolita relationship and some other sexual libertinism adds a little bit of titillation. Not great, but not terrible.

Ceej 11-16-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10191664)
You needed to watch it to determine that? C'mon man!!

I thought the first one was mildly entertaining.

This one, and introducing their kids was just dumb.

Hopefully Superman and RIPD are better or my fiancée might kill me.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-16-2013 12:59 PM

The only Kevin James movie I would ever watch is a snuff film.

Pepe Silvia 11-16-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstygma (Post 10191105)
wasn't at all what you thought it would be, huh?

Not at all. Awesome cast though, so I had hope going in.

Baby Lee 11-16-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10191674)
My wife picked up a Kristen Wiig movie from Redbox last night called Girl Most Likely. It was pretty flat, even beyond the normal indie understatement.

In trying to sleep last night I watched Lifeguard on Netflix. Kristen Bell plays a 29-year old suffering through a crisis of meaning in her life who moves home and becomes a lifeguard. It's decent enough, and if you want to see almost all of Kristen Bell, save for nipples and her honey pot, it's got that going for it. A gender-reversed Lolita relationship and some other sexual libertinism adds a little bit of titillation. Not great, but not terrible.

Nipples Honeypot, isn't that Tony Stark's assistant?

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-16-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10191694)
Nipples Honeypot, isn't that Tony Stark's assistant?

That one's going to go :huh: because I've never seen Iron Man. I don't know if you're referring to Gwyneth, Scarlett, or someone else.

Nevertheless, if you want to see Bell getting nailed bareass on a public bathroom sink, the above recommendation stands.

ThaVirus 11-16-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10191686)
The only Kevin James movie I would ever watch is a snuff film.

How about Hitch?

Easy 6 11-16-2013 04:21 PM

Caught some new releases lately...

Pacific Rim - wow, THIS is what all monster movies should be like, i'm truly perplexed why this thing wasn't a record breaking smash, the effects, the monsters and robots, all of it... an absolute feast for the eyes.

Some of it was a bit kiddied up, too simplified, the tiny group of scientists and how they interacted with one another was cornball... but overall, this was a true visual feast, worth every penny and more that i spent, i'll eventually buy this for my collection.

Man of Steel - mixed review... TONS of sharp looking action, they didn't skimp on showing plenty of Supes mixing it up in epic battles, the waste they lay on earth is incredible, just tearing shit up left and right.

Cavill is rock solid, far better than Routh, he'll be even better in the sequel i'm sure.

Crowe had a much meatier role than i expected and did his noble best.

I love the themes they explore about aliens on earth, good ones against bad ones of their own kind, for those who've studied the actual alien presence on earth it hits right home, that theme is very strong in the lore and i have no doubt Nolan and Snyder tapped that vein.

But without going into every detail, i didn't like they way they tried to "Tarantino-up" the timeline and various things about how Zod and his crew came to be such bad people, among other things... but still, worth every penny i spent.

Fairplay 11-16-2013 04:23 PM

Watching The Purge later I heard it was good anyone else seen it yet?

Ceej 11-16-2013 04:23 PM

RIPD sucked too.

I'm currently 0-2. :sulk:

BigMeatballDave 11-16-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 10192131)
Watching The Purge later I heard it was good anyone else seen it yet?

I wouldn't say it's Good. It was, however, better than I expected.