ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Prison Bitch 10-25-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10122629)
Not really spreads don't run in lockstep w/ computer projections. That isn't how it works they don't predict outcomes the way the various computers do.

They don't align perfectly but they align pretty closely. If a spread is way out of whack relative to the modeling you can be sure the money will see that as arbitrage.

Quote:

It ends up being close most of the time to what they project but that's coincidence.
Nothing more than the human element that's part of everything in life.

Saul Good 10-25-2013 10:53 AM

ITT: Bitch shows us that he doesn't understand what arbitrage means.

warpaint* 10-25-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10122739)
They don't align perfectly but they align pretty closely. If a spread is way out of whack relative to the modeling you can be sure the money will see that as arbitrage.

Nothing more than the human element that's part of everything in life.

Maybe the sharks but not the betting public on the whole. I have never compared their betting habits to what the computers predict.

Question. Do you know if those models...or I guess Sagarin since you are always quoting him I'm guessing you know more about his than some of the others...but the question is in general if you know anything about the others...do they take injuries into account when spitting those #'s out?

The Vagas lines obviously do. Those dudes have the ability IE sources to figure out who's playing to a better degree of accuracy than what's necessarily public information.

Prison Bitch 10-25-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10122775)
Maybe the sharks but not the betting public on the whole. I have never compared their betting habits to what the computers predict.

Question. Do you know if those models...or I guess Sagarin since you are always quoting him I'm guessing you know more about his than some of the others...but the question is in general if you know anything about the others...do they take injuries into account when spitting those #'s out?

The Vagas lines obviously do. Those dudes have the ability IE sources to figure out who's playing to a better degree of accuracy than what's necessarily public information.

Agreed.

Bowser 10-25-2013 02:29 PM

I think Bambi and Bitch jointly decided a LONG time ago to just trollolololololol the **** out of everyone just to see how long this can go. There are plenty of Kansas fans that hate Missouri every bit as much as these two do - teedubya, Mr. Tomahawk, Laz, Braincase....and not a single one of them jumps into the fray. Telling, eh?

The part that keeps me coming back to this thread is to watch them get dismantled day after day. It's like watching the same train wreck at the same spot every single day. You know what it's going to look like, but you just can't not watch. So I say BRAVO to you both, Bambi and Bitch. Literally hours of entertainment you have both brought to this thread. Well, well done. I owe you both a beer one day. Boulevard at that.

Bambi 10-25-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10123173)
I think Bambi and Bitch jointly decided a LONG time ago to just trollolololololol the **** out of everyone just to see how long this can go. There are plenty of Kansas fans that hate Missouri every bit as much as these two do - teedubya, Mr. Tomahawk, Laz, Braincase....and not a single one of them jumps into the fray. Telling, eh?

The part that keeps me coming back to this thread is to watch them get dismantled day after day. It's like watching the same train wreck at the same spot every single day. You know what it's going to look like, but you just can't not watch. So I say BRAVO to you both, Bambi and Bitch. Literally hours of entertainment you have both brought to this thread. Well, well done. I owe you both a beer one day. Boulevard at that.

I'm just waiting for the proof regarding KU's penalty history being the tops in college sports.

Otherwise I'm just chillen. Not getting your dismantled comment but have a nice weekend.

warpaint* 10-25-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10123173)

That is a two way street ITT.

Which is cool.

It's the internet.

What isn't is if people can't be reasoned w/ if you aren't doing the trolling and there isn't a person ITT that I haven't been able to reasonably discuss things w/ on either side.

And as you said much of it is entertaining.

Prison Bitch 10-25-2013 05:46 PM

Is Bowser or Saul the whinyest bitch on this thread? If only Sagarin could prove that one.

Bambi 10-26-2013 10:15 AM

Alabama suspending student block seating for leaving games early.

But yea, this is a KU problem LMAO

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-leaving-early

Saul Good 10-26-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10124479)
Alabama suspending student block seating for leaving games early.

But yea, this is a KU problem LMAO

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-leaving-early

That's exactly what they should do. There are tens of thousands of fans who would gladly take those seats.

Kansas...not so much. Anyone who wants a seat at Kansas gets one.

Bambi 10-26-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10124536)
That's exactly what they should do. There are tens of thousands of fans who would gladly take those seats.

Kansas...not so much. Anyone who wants a seat at Kansas gets one.

Doesn't sound like it.

Saul Good 10-26-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10124552)
Doesn't sound like it.

Doesn't sound like what? They are sold out...100,000+ routinely. If the school is going to set aside tickets for student groups, those students should be expected to show up and stay. If they don't, plenty of others will. I don't expect a Kansas fan to understand.

Iowa State has a lot of fans at their game today. Makes Kansas look even worse.

mnchiefsguy 10-26-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10123580)
Is Bowser or Saul the whinyest bitch on this thread? If only Sagarin could prove that one.

You and Hypocritson clearly have the top two whiny bitch spots all sewn up, so no worries there.

Prison Bitch 10-26-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10124552)
Doesn't sound like it.

Don't you dare criticize Bammy. Saul gets pissed when you do. Give them a standing O, or give them nothing.

Bambi 10-26-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10124564)
Doesn't sound like what? They are sold out...100,000+ routinely. If the school is going to set aside tickets for student groups, those students should be expected to show up and stay. If they don't, plenty of others will. I don't expect a Kansas fan to understand.

Iowa State has a lot of fans at their game today. Makes Kansas look even worse.

The games are so popular that there are throngs of empty seats and the coach has to go public criticizing the student fan base in order to show up.

Got it.