ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:Prodded by Andy Reid, Chiefs QB Alex Smith learning to be more aggressive (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273618)

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9780078)
LMAO

"Facts" from the same guy that endlessly and viciously pimped Geno Smith as a Franchise QB?

"Facts" from the same guy that pimped Tyler Bray as a Franchise QB?

"Facts" from the same guy that LOVED Matt Cassel?

Give me a break.

The facts are the facts.

They cannot be denied.

I sincerely hope Jamaal Charles, Dwayne Bowe and our slightly talented defense can make up for Alex Smith's shortcomings. They are many.

Sorter 06-27-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9780085)
cosigned.....or we should make Clay their OC. they have the qb to throw the long ball. He would be in heaven.

I'd love to learn from Jim at some point. Some of their run concepts are quite unique (double guard/tackle pulls, etc).

Mav 06-27-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9780095)
I'd love to learn from Jim at some point. Some of their run concepts are quite unique (double guard/tackle pulls, etc).

its straight from the Bill Walsh tree, molded by the Jon Gruden, Bill Callahan tree, and then him and Greg Roman, have just mastered it. Their run game, is a thing of beauty.

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9780092)
The facts are the facts.

They cannot be denied.

LMAO

They're only denied by you because it fits your false narrative.

What's shocking that some team hasn't snatched you up as a scout or college personnel director because your insight and foresight about college quarterbacks is without equal.

Ace Gunner 06-27-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9780044)
I'm sorry, he may have had "Elite" coaching but he had questionable offensive play calling.

Can you please explain to me why in the Super Bowl, in a last ditch effort to win the game, the 49ers tried the same exact plays three times?

Can you explain to me why on that final drive, they didn't spread out their personnel, even once, in order to give Kaepernick a running lane?

Can you?

I can't explain why they ran the same play, but they were on the 5 and against the ravens, there's not a lot you can do that is going to be a high percentage play. imo CK kind of choked there.

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9780100)
LMAO

They're only denied by you because it fits your false narrative.

What's shocking that some team hasn't snatched you up as a scout or college personnel director because your insight and foresight about college quarterbacks is without equal.

Ever the ****ing homer, eh?

Just like last offseason.

When you were humiliated beyond BELIEF.

Ace Gunner 06-27-2013 04:47 PM

here's the game -- they didn't run the same play 3 times, but they ran similar formations and of course, they tried to pass for the score all three plays
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/rkyyjIWRQf0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/rkyyjIWRQf0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9780107)

Please explain how any of my comments in this thread are blind?

You know, just because you call someone a "homer" as a last resort, doesn't make it true.

You know NOTHING about Alex Smith other than the fact that he, like Cassel, were traded to the Chiefs and you've read his stats at PFF.

You haven't watched every game the past two seasons. You haven't watched every throw. You haven't critized the play calling. You haven't actually criticized ANYONE on the 49ers (despite their lack of a WR corp).

You've created a narrative, based on Alex Smith's pre-2011 play and PFF stats that he sucks. That's it. That's all you've done. And guess what?

It's false and it's incomplete.

Sorter 06-27-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9780103)
I can't explain why they ran the same play, but they were on the 5 and against the ravens, there's not a lot you can do that is going to be a high percentage play. imo CK kind of choked there.

Honestly, I'd have to review it but there are a few factors such as letting your gameplan dictate the play call, player error, poor route design, as well as what you'd mentioned. I'll try to look at it and provide some cut ups of the route designs and the coverages if A) people are interested and B) the plays are in fact different.

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9780117)
Please explain how any of my comments in this thread are blind?

You know, just because you call someone a "homer" as a last resort, doesn't make it true.

You know NOTHING about Alex Smith other than the fact that he, like Cassel, were traded to the Chiefs and you've read his stats at PFF.

You haven't watched every game the past two seasons. You haven't watched every throw. You haven't critized the play calling. You haven't actually criticized ANYONE on the 49ers (despite their lack of a WR corp).

You've created a narrative, based on Alex Smith's pre-2011 play and PFF stats that he sucks. That's it. That's all you've done. And guess what?

It's false and it's incomplete.

I've watched plenty of 49ers games over the past few years.

The statistical breakdowns only confirm what I saw on the field.

There is literally no way anyone can defend a QB who sucks on third down and doesn't throw the ball down the field.

It's a recipe for disaster.

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

How so?

And guess what, genius? You and your band of merry assholes were butt****ed by each and every NFL owner, GM, player personnel directors and scouts over Geno Smith.

Would you like to talk humiliation?

You should be kissing my ass right now but you're too caught up in yourself to even realize when you're right or wrong. Probably because you're wrong so often.

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9780122)
How so?

You thought last year's team was not only good, you thought they were a playoff team. Embarrassing, Dane.

Quote:

And guess what, genius? You and your band of assholes were butt****ed by each and every NFL owner, GM, player personnel directors and scouts over Geno Smith.
Wrong. Geno Smith is still going to be a good NFL QB. We will ALL be vindicated.

BigMeatballDave 06-27-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Holy shit, you have no idea what a Homer is.

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9780127)
Holy shit, you have no idea what a Homer is.

I sure do, Dave.

I used to be one.

Ace Gunner 06-27-2013 04:51 PM

oh and dane, I think they kept the RB in to keep that ravens defense honest -- going spread on the five against a veteran defense is probably not the best way because everybody knows the one thing you are going to try.

they went shotgun all three plays with all three of their best WR's on the field. poor QBing and some poor routes too. the team choked. gonna happen most times when you have a rook QB and the game is on the line.