ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ****Official 2014 STL Cardinals thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278302)

Swanman 05-01-2014 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10595695)
Nice to see the offense break out, but this is a great example of Matheny's managerial incompetence.

Why run Choate out there for two innings in a six run game? I just don't understand putting wear like that on him. This is a situation where he should be using the ass end of the bullpen.

If there was ever a time to use Man-Ass for 2-3 innings, yesterday was the day.

O.city 05-01-2014 06:10 PM

Offense has steadily been hitting the ball much better the past 8 days plus, ran into some bad luck with it early, and just lost a few games.

Really need to get Carpenter going at the top and figure out whats going on with Bourjos. If Jay isn't going to hit (I know he did yesterday), Bourjos needs to be playing CF.

BigRedChief 05-01-2014 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10597907)
Offense has steadily been hitting the ball much better the past 8 days plus, ran into some bad luck with it early, and just lost a few games.

Really need to get Carpenter going at the top and figure out whats going on with Bourjos. If Jay isn't going to hit (I know he did yesterday), Bourjos needs to be playing CF.

Jay has his streaks where he hits the ball. But, after all this time he is what he is.

You see the throw from Grunchik at last nights game. Jay, Holliday and Craig could not have even come close to throwing him out. The runner stopped when they saw the throw. It was nice to see a strong arm for a change.

George Liquor 05-02-2014 01:45 PM

Wainwright getting shelled by the flubs.

:/

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-02-2014 03:20 PM

I really don't want to ever see Jon Jay wear a Cardinal uniform again. He is a completely worthless piece of shit. A scintillating 0-4 today with four groundouts. He is a zero tool player, and I'm ****ing sick of Matheny running his two-bit ass out there to fumble around and **** up. I don't care if Bourjos hits .000, make him the 4th OF, give all the starts to Grichuk and start Adams against lefties, I just never want to see him play again. I hate him more than Kozma.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-02-2014 03:27 PM

Sure would be nice to get Grichuk's hands about eight inches lower. They take such a long path to the ball that I think he's going to struggle against big league pitchers.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-02-2014 03:30 PM

This team is going to have a goddamned abyss to climb out of by the time this road trip is over.

Swanman 05-02-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10599312)
I really don't want to ever see Jon Jay wear a Cardinal uniform again. He is a completely worthless piece of shit. A scintillating 0-4 today with four groundouts. He is a zero tool player, and I'm ****ing sick of Matheny running his two-bit ass out there to fumble around and **** up. I don't care if Bourjos hits .000, make him the 4th OF, give all the starts to Grichuk and start Adams against lefties, I just never want to see him play again. I hate him more than Kozma.

Mo needs to trade him. Get anything for him. Even if it's for nothing, we get addition by subtraction because Matheny can't use him.

The Cardinals beat writers are all over the fact that Matheny had an insanely quick hook with both Wong and Bourjous but Jay/Descalso/Maness/etc. do absolutely nothing well.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-02-2014 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 10599346)
Mo needs to trade him. Get anything for him. Even if it's for nothing, we get addition by subtraction because Matheny can't use him.

The Cardinals beat writers are all over the fact that Matheny had an insanely quick hook with both Wong and Bourjous but Jay/Descalso/Maness/etc. do absolutely nothing well.

They need to keep pounding that drum, because Jay, Descalso, and Manass are ****ing killing this team.

Descalso should probably just be DFA'd. If they want to send Maness down to fill a roster spot, I guess that's fine, but he's a waste of a 40 man spot as well. If they could spin Jay for a 7th reliever I'd be fine with that.

Swanman 05-02-2014 03:50 PM

Let's not forget that Matheny shortened the rotation for no good reason in order to get Waino to start today. He could have used the day off to get the entire rotation (at least the 1-4 spots) another day of rest after the long stretch with no days off.

And predictably, Waino gets shelled.

George Liquor 05-02-2014 03:51 PM

It seems as if we've played about 7 home games this season.

kcpasco 05-02-2014 04:09 PM

I can't wait for Taveras to get brought up. Even if the guy flops it feels like all I have heard about for 2 years is this potential superstar. Is the guy a complete head case or made of glass or something?

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-02-2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 10599381)
I can't wait for Taveras to get brought up. Even if the guy flops it feels like all I have heard about for 2 years is this potential superstar. Is the guy a complete head case or made of glass or something?

Just young and with only a year of AA under his belt. I'm at the point where I'm willing to eat his defensive deficiencies in center because our offense is hideous. Also, I'd be open to packaging Piscotty, Wong and a few other parts for a third baseman.

BigRedChief 05-02-2014 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 10599368)
It seems as if we've played about 7 home games this season.

17 road
13 home

BigRedChief 05-02-2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10599616)
Also, I'd be open to packaging Piscotty, Wong and a few other parts for a third baseman.

Mo or Matheny just ****ed up the whole Wong thing. He was our future 2B. At least thats what they said. Regardless if its true or not, he had trade value. Now he has come off as some unstable player with no confidence. And for what? A player that's hitting .130? They pulled the trigger too early. No one on the team was hitting but at least Wong had a .358 OBP%. Pisses me off that they mishandled a possible future starter of lowered the trade value of a player.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10599616)
Just young and with only a year of AA under his belt. I'm at the point where I'm willing to eat his defensive deficiencies in center because our offense is hideous.

I'm okay if they want to pull the trigger and start the clock. But, I've liked what I've seen from Grichuk so far. He has moved well in the gaps. Strong throws. Ran to a brick wall to make a catch. Hits the ball like Holliday. Just kills the ball off the bat. Let's see if he is ready before starting the clock on Taveras. But.............

That damn Jay has to go. Not play another ****ing inning. He is one of Matheny's guys so he keeps playing. He may be a good clubhouse guy but we have way too many talented OP replacements that need his AB's.