ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

HotCarl 02-26-2013 08:39 PM

So that leaves Geno Smith to Oakland. I am sure that will be comical.

Will those handful who said they'd be a fan of whatever team drafted him live up to their, er, commitment to excellence?

O.city 02-26-2013 08:39 PM

Why do you guys continue to feed the trolls? Just put them on ignore and move on.

-King- 02-26-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9443006)
I guess anybody can get a job in sports journalism these days. Even ****ing morons.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/02/...t-quarterback/

They can't make a ****ing article without mentioning Luck and RGIII. You'd think last year was the only successful year for QBs in NFL history.

Hammock Parties 02-26-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9443037)
So that leaves Geno Smith to Oakland. I am sure that will be comical.

Will those handful who said they'd be a fan of whatever team drafted him live up to their, er, commitment to excellence?

If we don't take a QB, and Geno is a Raider, I will root for him EVERY ****ing game. Even against the Chiefs.

I'll still be a Chiefs fan, but I will root for Geno to rape kitties.

Sorter 02-26-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9443031)
Is the Jags guy even still here?

I think so. It's only a matter of time before he's just talking to himself. ROFL.

HotCarl 02-26-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9443044)
If we don't take a QB, and Geno is a Raider, I will root for him EVERY ****ing game. Even against the Chiefs.

If you'll root for Oakland against the Chiefs, you aren't a fan.

O.city 02-26-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9443046)
I think so. It's only a matter of time before he's just talking to himself. ROFL.

ROFL

This place improved 100 percent about 4 days ago. LMAO

Hammock Parties 02-26-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9443047)
If you'll root for Oakland against the Chiefs, you aren't a fan.

I've been doing it for two ****ing years.

Sorter 02-26-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9443044)

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0...kz44o1_400.gif

B14ckmon 02-26-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9443046)

Might as well. I'll still be talking to the most intelligent person the board.

aturnis 02-26-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9441872)
Right.

What I'm talking about is the baseline on the other data set on the graph - the binary value for success vs. failure.

If you start at the top and start down, the conversation could get very complicated because success is so subjective.

However, the totality of being a bust is much less subjective. People more often agree on who is a bust vs. who is an all-star.

So that gives you a somewhat objective starting point, at the bottom and working up.

I think what it shows for success is that the most sure thing top prospects are still only a 50/50 chance. Basically, 50/50 is as good as it gets with projecting QB's to the NFL. Anything less than that top group and the odds decrease immensely.

A good argument for taking a shot. Especially when they rarely come along.

Sorter 02-26-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9443050)
I've been doing it for two ****ing years.

Q.

B14ckmon 02-26-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9443030)
Blackmon is praying to God his team ends up with Geno.

That's what this whole charade is about.

No. Jaguars aren't drafting Geno no matter what. And I would be extremely nervous if I thought they might.

aturnis 02-26-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9441875)
are we really still talking about this interview with Mooch?

He probably went in pretty nervous...

he probably had NO IDEA he was supposed to have to memorize this play. I've gone into plenty of interviews and stumbled over what I wanted to say and probably couldn't tell you the 3rd question they asked me after they asked me a 15th question.

if Mooch told him ok, you need to memorize this play and the terminology while he was explaining it, I bet they both would have freaking memorized the play and the terminology.

He forgot a ****ing play that he honestly probably didn't think twice about because he was concentrating on what to say during the interview process...

anyone who thinks of that as a red flag is just a ****ing idiot

Bullshit. He and Barkley both knew they would be asked to redraw it. They have seen Gruden's QB camp. Their agents and trainers at IMG absolutely prepared them for this.

If I knew it was coming, so did they...

Hammock Parties 02-26-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9443054)
I think what it shows for success is that the most sure thing top prospects are still only a 50/50 chance.

You basically have a 1/4 chance of getting a good QB out of the first round of the draft, based on NFL history.

It's about a 1/10 chance in the 2nd round.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-26-2013 08:47 PM

nah, ill just hate on peeholi part two all the way to the inevitable firing...
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-26-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9443060)
No. Jaguars aren't drafting Geno no matter what. And I would be extremely nervous if I thought they might.

Yep. If we pass, you're gettin some penii.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCrockaholic 02-26-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9443069)
You basically have a 1/4 chance of getting a good QB out of the first round of the draft, based on NFL history.

I wonder how that equates to a supposedly weak QB class. Seems like a stronger class would run deeper... Not just that but those guys you find in the 2nd round that turn out well are guys with talent, no doubt. They just have flaws that were magnified at the time. Such as height with Drew Brees for example.

O.city 02-26-2013 08:50 PM

People who are obviously trolling, don't feed them.

Hammock Parties 02-26-2013 08:51 PM

What's interesting is that the third round might actually be a little better than the second round.

RunKC 02-26-2013 08:51 PM

If the Chiefs pass on Geno, he won't go in the top 5 IMO. He'll go to one of the teams at 6,7 or 8.

fishbowlguy 02-26-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9443060)

You are certainly trolling these guys hard.... Gabbert is garbage and Smith would be an instant upgrade. I saw your post about Zona drafting Barkley -your trolling knows no bounds lol.... no way Zona takes Barkley.... I would take Bray before Barkley....

bigjosh 02-26-2013 08:51 PM

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ps408885ed.jpg

B14ckmon 02-26-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9443075)
Yep. If we pass, you're gettin some penii.
Posted via Mobile Device

We already drafted a bust QB recently. No chance we take that risk at least until we have a more sure-fire QB pick in the draft.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbowlguy (Post 9443084)
You are certainly trolling these guys hard.... Gabbert is garbage and Smith would be an instant upgrade. I saw your post about Zona drafting Barkley -your trolling knows no bounds lol.... no way Zona takes Barkley.... I would take Bray before Barkley....

Gabbert is garbage, yes. But we also have way more holes on the roster than the Chiefs. Notice how every mock draft with the chief's NOT taking Geno, also has the Jaguars not taking him?

Sorter 02-26-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9443067)
Bullshit. He and Barkley both knew they would be asked to redraw it. They have seen Gruden's QB camp. Their agents and trainers at IMG absolutely prepared them for this.

Gruden has never drawn a play, then asked them to re-draw it later IIRC.

Hammock Parties 02-26-2013 08:52 PM

What's interesting is that the third round actually has a higher success rate than the second round, historically speaking.

I'd put that at about 15 percent vs 10 percent for the 2nd round.

The Franchise 02-26-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9443067)

Grudens camp doesn't do that......idiot.

O.city 02-26-2013 08:54 PM

I'm still no 100 percent sure if the Chiefs pass on Geno Kelly doesn't jump at it and take him at 4. He could do away with Dennis Dixon and Foles pretty easily in that case.

RunKC 02-26-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9443069)

The NFL has changed and college QB's are becoming more ready to enter the NFL. Hell even high school QB's kids are becoming more prepared to enter college, especially in Texas.

Ever since Goodell changed the rules to help QB's, they have slowly started to emerge.

O.city 02-26-2013 08:58 PM

I don't think it's the kids coming in as much as it is the teams dumbing things down and going to simpler style offenses when these guys first get in.

All these rookies save for Luck, basically had 1 read fairly simple offenses early on. The ones who are successful atleast.

RunKC 02-26-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9443108)
I don't think it's the kids coming in as much as it is the teams dumbing things down and going to simpler style offenses when these guys first get in.

All these rookies save for Luck, basically had 1 read fairly simple offenses early on. The ones who are successful atleast.

I agree and I think they are doing that with spread QB's.

The problem with that is that good defenses figure it out eventually. RG3 and Cam help make that a hell of a lot harder though because they can beat you with their legs.

Sorter 02-26-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9443108)

There are a lot of easy 2 reads that most colleges use as well as NFL systems.

****, even that play that Mooch drew up for Geno could technically be described as a 1 read play if the QB dumps off the flat initially by observers. In fact, the "check down" is designated as the first read. Most people don't understand that.

There are 1 read plays, and then there are plays that look like they have 1 read because of the design and how they are used. ****, even Rich Rodriguez, who supposedly only uses 1 read systems has screen plays that are 2 and 3 reads with the screen being the 3rd option.

O.city 02-26-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9443118)

The problem with that is that good defenses figure it out eventually. RG3 and Cam help make that a hell of a lot harder though because they can beat you with their legs.

Well, you obviously aren't going to win really big with a rookie QB. I think what Wilson did is about the best you can expect because yes defenses do figure that out. Thats when you start doing more and more when he gets more comfortable. There is obviously going to be a learning curve, but the fact that you can make it easy on a rookie for him to get his feet wet makes it alot easier.

It's basically what any rookie QB will go thru, whatever system he comes from. You just have to accept that you have a rookie Qb and you aren't counting on winning now, it's for the future.

Sorter 02-26-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9443118)

Nearly all plays have multiple reads. The benefit of the spread, especially in college, is that it is easy to go to your first read. Now, this can be viewed as a negative and a positive. "He goes to his first read consistently" is normally viewed as a negative, however, his first read is the correct one and open it is positive.

O.city 02-26-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9443131)
There are a lot of easy 2 reads that most colleges use as well as NFL systems.

****, even that play that Mooch drew up for Geno could technically be described as a 1 read play if the QB dumps off the flat initially by observers. In fact, the "check down" is designated as the first read. Most people don't understand that.

There are 1 read plays, and then there are plays that look like they have 1 read because of the design and how they are used. ****, even Rich Rodriguez, who supposedly only uses 1 read systems has screen plays that are 2 and 3 reads with the screen being the 3rd option.

IMO, people get confused with QB's and "reads". For teh most part, your reads are done before the snap. When you have to go to second reads, third reads, it's usually when defenses go exotic and fool you. It's why you don't see Brady, Brees, etc go to a second read alot, they don't get confused very often.

The hardest things for rookies are pre snap IMO and when they actually have to make reads. I'd venture to say from watching this year, Cam, RGIII, and Wilson didn't go to their 2 read too many times.

NJChiefsFan 02-26-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9442917)
...what? Just because a guy is drafted 10th, doesn't mean they are the 10th best prospect. It means the team who just took them, thought they were the best for their team, at that time.

What are you talking about? Miller has Geno going 3rd to OAK. He has him as his 10th best player. That means he thinks he is the 10th best player. Thus, him saying we will be glad we didn't get him doesn't make sense since he himself thinks he is the 10th best player.

You keep talking like Miller is mocking Geno at 10 and that it's what we are talking about. It's not.

Sorter 02-26-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9443138)
Well, you obviously aren't going to win really big with a rookie QB. I think what Wilson did is about the best you can expect because yes defenses do figure that out. Thats when you start doing more and more when he gets more comfortable. There is obviously going to be a learning curve, but the fact that you can make it easy on a rookie for him to get his feet wet makes it alot easier.

It's basically what any rookie QB will go thru, whatever system he comes from. You just have to accept that you have a rookie Qb and you aren't counting on winning now, it's for the future.

The real trick is to have a variety of personnel (formations and alignments) that create confusion and additionally have a good gameplan. Having a QB that is solid pre-snap is key (Identifying the front (which all playbooks have and is also taught to the OL), identifying the coverage (via safeties, LBs positions and leverage from the corners) and understanding your matchups (which is through a Qbs understanding of their own players and the opponents)).

O.city 02-26-2013 09:20 PM

Sorter, check your PM's.

B14ckmon 02-26-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9443151)
What are you talking about? Miller has Geno going 3rd to OAK. He has him as his 10th best player. That means he thinks he is the 10th best player. Thus, him saying we will be glad we didn't get him doesn't make sense since he himself thinks he is the 10th best player.

You keep talking like Miller is mocking Geno at 10 and that it's what we are talking about. It's not.

There you go. That's all you had to say. I had no way of knowing from those tweets that he also mentioned he is his #10 overall player.

I don't read shit on that children's bleacher report website.

NJChiefsFan 02-26-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9443162)
There you go. That's all you had to say. I had no way of knowing from those tweets that he also mentioned he is his #10 overall player.

I don't read shit on that children's bleacher report website.

I don't read that site either. I didn't realize until I came back what the issue was.

Sorter 02-26-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9443145)
IMO, people get confused with QB's and "reads". For teh most part, your reads are done before the snap. When you have to go to second reads, third reads, it's usually when defenses go exotic and fool you. It's why you don't see Brady, Brees, etc go to a second read alot, they don't get confused very often.

The hardest things for rookies are pre snap IMO and when they actually have to make reads. I'd venture to say from watching this year, Cam, RGIII, and Wilson didn't go to their 2 read too many times.

I disagree with the last part. There are several plays in which I saw both Robert and Russell go to their 2nd and 3rd read. For example, if you watch the Skins/Cowboys game, there's a play where Robert goes to his third read from a doubles left, where the WR screen was the 1, the 9 on the same side was the second, and the TE running a dig was the 3rd. That's just from memory but IIRC, the game is on youtube. I'll have to find it.

Additionally, there are several simple concepts that are 2 reads that look like 1 read plays (Smash, Levels, Shallow Cross, curl/flats).

O.city 02-26-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9443170)
I disagree with the last part. There are several plays in which I saw both Robert and Russell go to their 2nd and 3rd read. For example, if you watch the Skins/Cowboys game, there's a play where Robert goes to his third read from a doubles left, where the WR screen was the 1, the 9 on the same side was the second, and the TE running a dig was the 3rd. That's just from memory but IIRC, the game is on youtube. I'll have to find it.

Additionally, there are several simple concepts that are 2 reads that look like 1 read plays (Smash, Levels, Shallow Cross, curl/flats).

Thats kind of what I'm getting at with reads. People think reads go from one side to another back to said side.

Most guys reads are one single sides, opposite side being the likely last read. You only have so much time back there.

I didn't watch a whole lot of RGIII as I wasn't really into football this year, for obvious reasons. That said, Wilson of early to mid season was alot different thatn the Wilson we saw late.

O.city 02-26-2013 09:32 PM

Also, IIRC, alot of the concepts that Geno ran at WV, are being incorporated, or already are at the NFL level.

Sorter 02-26-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9443180)
Thats kind of what I'm getting at with reads. People think reads go from one side to another back to said side.

Most guys reads are one single sides, opposite side being the likely last read. You only have so much time back there.

I didn't watch a whole lot of RGIII as I wasn't really into football this year, for obvious reasons. That said, Wilson of early to mid season was alot different thatn the Wilson we saw late.

I didn't get to watch much of either until late. The RG3 one is just a play that kinda stuck with me.

I do agree that from what little I've seen that A) Wilson had a dumbed down O to begin the season and improved exceptionally and B) the read concepts applied later helped him gain confidence/speed in going through progressions. People think the RO is super easy, but when you have a PA RO called, the QB has to identify front, coverage, then read the DE/OLB, then drop and make his reads throwing. Now, those throws are helped by the RO sucking LBs/Safeties in and also open up double moves for your WRs, however, the QB has to make a minimum of 2 reads and typically more (1 for the DE, 1 minimum for the pass play called)

In short, you aren't successfully operating the RO consistently in the NFL unless you are a QB who can process information and understand defenses.

Hammock Parties 02-26-2013 10:32 PM

by our powers combined...

http://i.imgur.com/y7ouelG.jpg

RealSNR 02-26-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9443444)

You need to photoshop Inmem with his middle finger in the background.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-26-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9443087)
We already drafted a bust QB recently. No chance we take that risk at least until we have a more sure-fire QB pick in the draft.

Gabbert is garbage, yes. But we also have way more holes on the roster than the Chiefs. Notice how every mock draft with the chief's NOT taking Geno, also has the Jaguars not taking him?

cockmon prefers to draft a "sure fire" QB. Cockmon...is a TTF. Trolling True Fan.
Posted via Mobile Device

B14ckmon 02-26-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9443460)
cockmon prefers to draft a "sure fire" QB. Cockmon...is a TTF. Trolling True Fan.
Posted via Mobile Device

Says the guy going gay over the raiders next QB.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-26-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9443484)
Says the guy going gay over the raiders next QB.

You know what I like best about you and your team? You drafted and are enjoying a shitty QB from MY college team. That's just teh awesome.
Posted via Mobile Device

B14ckmon 02-26-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9443502)
You know what I like best about you and your team? You drafted and are enjoying a shitty QB from MY college team. That's just teh awesome.
Posted via Mobile Device

<3 me some Yo Gabba Gabby.

penbrook 02-26-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9443508)
<3 me some Yo Gabba Gabby.

-73 is like 9 sacks.

Vick has had more sacks than that. So what is Vick just a pure pocket passer.

B14ckmon 02-26-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9443513)
-73 is like 9 sacks.

Vick has had more sacks than that. So what is Vick just a pure pocket passer.

I said the -73 was Foles' BEST year in college.

penbrook 02-26-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9443519)
I said the -73 was Foles' BEST year in college.

Ok. thats still about 9 sacks.

Every year Vick has more than 10 sacks.

HolyHat 02-26-2013 11:50 PM

Does anyone have a full combine video for Geno yet?

evolve27 02-26-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9443444)

That's hilarious

penbrook 02-26-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9443665)
Does anyone have a full combine video for Geno yet?

Not yet but he destroyed the combine. The new chiefs WR coach I swore was gonna orgasm every time Geno threw. He loves him.

HolyHat 02-26-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9443674)
Not yet but he destroyed the combine. The new chiefs WR coach I swore was gonna orgasm every time Geno threw. He loves him.

yeah, I watched it. I was just waiting for someone to be a video together

penbrook 02-26-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9443676)
yeah, I watched it. I was just waiting for someone to be a video together

Im sure there is a video out there.

penbrook 02-27-2013 12:00 AM

****ing Mayock before the combine says Geno is 20-32 pick.

Today he says he can see Geno in the top 10 and being a face of a franchise.

penbrook 02-27-2013 12:01 AM

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-27-2013 12:05 AM

mmm....thats some tasty backpeddlin'....
Posted via Mobile Device

WildTurkey 02-27-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9443693)
mmm....thats some tasty backpeddlin'....
Posted via Mobile Device

It's the flavor of the week since the combine... Slowly but surely these hacks are coming around.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-27-2013 12:18 AM

This train stops for NO ONE.
Posted via Mobile Device

penbrook 02-27-2013 12:18 AM

Everyone knows they love Geno. Chief fan or not.

NJChiefsFan 02-27-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9443686)

Link?

penbrook 02-27-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9443730)
Link?

No link. He was saying it during the combine today.

NJChiefsFan 02-27-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9443755)
No link. He was saying it during the combine today.

I didn't hear that part. I did hear them all saying pretty good things about Geno. "Potential first pick" was being used far more than before the combine.

penbrook 02-27-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9443757)
I didn't hear that part. I did hear them all saying pretty good things about Geno. "Potential first pick" was being used far more than before the combine.

Yea everybody is hopping aboard the Geno train now.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-27-2013 12:43 AM

damn straight.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-27-2013 12:44 AM

damn straight.
Posted via Mobile Device

aturnis 02-27-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9443092)
Grudens camp doesn't do that......idiot.

Well I know I've seen it before. Figured it was Gruden since his interviews are a lot longer and in depth. My bad, haven't watched in a ****ing year. No reason for the name calling though asshole. Fact is, they abso****inglutely know it's coming. Period. There is no arguing that fact.

That said, I don't think Geno did poorly at all, and actually better than Barkley. Geno missed on the progression, his protection, and flipped the brown left to brown right. Don't know what the **** Boss is talking about only getting 2/12.

Barkley on the other hand just hung up before even drawing the routes. Turned a deep slant into a short slant, a post corner post into a post corner and just seemed way too lost for a guy who is supposed to have an inherent knowledge of the WCO.

aturnis 02-27-2013 01:00 AM

I see from a quote that B14ckmon says he doesn't read Bleacherreport and calls it a child's website. Yet, every time he provides a link to backup a claim or argument, his source is bleacherreport. I think the razzing him for citing that abomination got to him...

silver5liter 02-27-2013 02:35 AM

Didn't know if it was posted. Mort said on nfl32 today that everyone he talked to said geno aced his interviews. I trust him over teichers dumb ass

htismaqe 02-27-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9443776)
Well I know I've seen it before. Figured it was Gruden since his interviews are a lot longer and in depth. My bad, haven't watched in a ****ing year. No reason for the name calling though asshole. Fact is, they abso****inglutely know it's coming. Period. There is no arguing that fact.

That said, I don't think Geno did poorly at all, and actually better than Barkley. Geno missed on the progression, his protection, and flipped the brown left to brown right. Don't know what the **** Boss is talking about only getting 2/12.

Barkley on the other hand just hung up before even drawing the routes. Turned a deep slant into a short slant, a post corner post into a post corner and just seemed way too lost for a guy who is supposed to have an inherent knowledge of the WCO.

Not to mention the fact that Barkley drew the wrong route, Mooch said it was the wrong route, and Barkley tried to move forward as if Mooch were wrong.

htismaqe 02-27-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9443180)

In several NFL offenses, there are NO reads on the opposite side of the field.

In Shanahan's offense, for example, even with the RO, the bulk of the plays are designed to split the field in half and "bottle" the defense. There aren't any reads on the far side of the field.

htismaqe 02-27-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9443170)

Either ESPN or NFLN charted every RG3 throw last year. You happened to find one of the very few 3rd read throws he made. There weren't many. There actually weren't a whole lot of 2nd read throws IIRC.

RealSNR 02-27-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9443820)
Didn't know if it was posted. Mort said on nfl32 today that everyone he talked to said geno aced his interviews. I trust him over teichers dumb ass

Haha

aturnis 02-27-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9443820)

This gives me wood.

aturnis 02-27-2013 09:37 AM

Just remembered. This morning on NFL AM, Eric Davis was all about QB to KC. Only guy I've seen with the balls to call it like it truly is.

Said KC needs to take whomever they decide to be the best QB in this draft. They won't ever get a franchise QB if they don't try. If they pick up A. Smith, there likely won't be a QB for them where they'll pick next year, but there will always be a LT.

Also said that last year's draft plays a huge roll in the attitude towards this year's QB class. Said Geno/Barkley do not grade out much differently than Stafford, Bradford or Matt Ryan types.

He gets it.

Think I'll follow him on twitter.

htismaqe 02-27-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9444239)
Just remembered. This morning on NFL 32, Eric Davis(? I think) was all about QB to KC. Only guy I've seen with the balls to call it like it truly is.

Said KC needs to take whomever they decide to be the best QB in this draft. They won't ever get a franchise QB if they don't try. If they pick up A. Smith, there likely won't be a QB for them where they'll pick next year, but there will always be a LT.

Also said that last year's draft plays a huge roll in the attitude towards this year's QB class. Said Geno/Barkley do not grade out much differently than Stafford, Bradford or Matt Ryan types.

He gets it.

Think I'll follow him on twitter.

I've mentioned it before. Eric Davis is actually pretty good. He used to be on the radio and always loved listening to him. That NFL AM show is kind of wonky but he's a good dude and smart football mind.