ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2013 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268371)

penguinz 07-08-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9798158)
I just had a health screening done to switch up my life insurance. I received the results in the mail & everything was normal except globulin levels. Has anyone ever heard of that? Normal is 2.1 - 2.8 & mine was 2.0. Dr Google tells me that it could be a number of things. (malnutrition, liver disease, kidney disorder, cancer....) I've made an appointment to talk to my doc about it, but that's a few weeks away.

I'm posting this here because I wonder if it might have something to do with my workout routine. I've been working out really hard lately & I'm probably not getting enough rest. (I've been getting quite exhausted lately) It's also got me wondering about my diet. My typical day is:

Breakfast - Cliff bar & coffee. (I make eggs if I have time, but that usually doesn't happen)

Lunch - I work out over lunch so I usually just have a protein shake & another Cliff bar.

Dinner - Meat & a lot of veggies.

Snacks - Throughout the day I snack on apples, almonds, and maybe another cliff bar.

Drinks - I drink coffee in the morning, but I just drink water after that. (unless I'm having some beers in the evening)

Have any of you ever had any experience with this at all? I was kinda hoping it was a common thing for really active people. I've never even heard of globulin & it's got me a little freaked out.

Most likely not the cause but drop the cliff bars. They are not good for any male to be eating. Soy is bad.

lead_block 07-08-2013 10:29 PM

My bulk shake: 2x daily

1/2 banana
1 serving oatmeal
5g creatine mono
1 scoop whey trutein
1 raw egg
chunk of natty pb
milk

notes: only use the creatine in one shake, cheaper and healthier than a weight gainer.

Silock 07-09-2013 12:39 AM

Day 29:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...26597209FF.jpg
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...265F480E8E.jpg
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...26653EBB96.jpg

Workout:

Man, did I ever pay for that 2.5 hour power workout on Saturday. I was already depleted, apparently. I could do one set at my normal depletion weight, and then I had to just keep moving down, even during my sets, just to complete the 15 reps. It was AWFUL. I was just DONE. But, that's okay. The point is depletion, not muscle building.

Leg Extension - 3 sets, 15 reps
Leg Curl - 3 sets, 15 reps
Chest Press - 3 sets, 15 reps
Pulldown - 3 sets, 20 reps
Shoulder Press - 2 sets, 15 reps
DB Curls - 2 sets, 15 reps
Leg Extension - 2 sets, 20 reps
Leg Curl - 2 sets, 20 reps
Incline Press - 2 sets, 15 reps
Seated Cable Row - 2 sets, 20 reps
Machine Lateral Raise - 2 sets, 15 reps
Tricep Rope Pushdown - 2 sets, 20 reps

Went home, mowed the lawn, played a 90 minute soccer game after. First half, I was still dead, but seemed to catch a second wind in the second half. Moved around a lot better.

Nutrition:

Lots of Black Coffee
24 oz grilled chicken breast
Trutein shake
Casein shake

Totals: 1,268 cals, 39g carbs, 16g fat, 243g protein

Omaha 07-09-2013 10:10 AM

OK, I got into my doc early and I know you all give several ****s about whether I live or die so I'll share what he told me. He said that low globulin levels are common with vigorous exercise. It just means my immune system is depleted as a result of being exhausted. He said all of my other #s confirmed that I'm fine. I just need to rest.

Welp. I'm off to the gym....

AussieChiefsFan 07-09-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9800636)
OK, I got into my doc early and I know you all give several ****s about whether I live or die so I'll share what he told me. He said that low globulin levels are common with vigorous exercise. It just means my immune system is depleted as a result of being exhausted. He said all of my other #s confirmed that I'm fine. I just need to rest.

Don't go dying on us. :D

jiveturkey 07-09-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9800636)

We've talked about the deload week. DO IT! :)

This is a rest week for me and later today I have a deep tissue massage scheduled. I beats the pants off of deadlifts.

lead_block 07-09-2013 01:22 PM

Well, I took no-xplode during a night workout a couple weeks ago and was up till 6 AM, but I didn't sleep in my usual bed that night, so I thought maybe that was the problem. Well, I had a night workout yesterday and same shit. I think no-xplode has more caffeine than most pre-workouts.

Omaha 07-09-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 9800997)
We've talked about the deload week. DO IT! :)

This is a rest week for me and later today I have a deep tissue massage scheduled. I beats the pants off of deadlifts.

I rested Friday-Sunday after that discussion. I just did some biking and a quick 3 mile run on Sunday night. I did legs on Monday & I felt great.

Aspengc8 07-09-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lead_block (Post 9801166)
Well, I took no-xplode during a night workout a couple weeks ago and was up till 6 AM, but I didn't sleep in my usual bed that night, so I thought maybe that was the problem. Well, I had a night workout yesterday and same shit. I think no-xplode has more caffeine than most pre-workouts.

They make a caffeine free version. I like Bodybuilding.com's Scream and Scivation's NoVem.

tooge 07-09-2013 01:52 PM

I don't want to come across as being a dick or starting an argument, but I have a question about some of the workouts being mentioned. So, some guys want to do a program over several weeks to enable them to bench press 300+lbs, or squat 400+ lbs or whatever. My question is, what is coveted about the ability to do such feats unless you are either 1. competing, or 2. making a living as an athlete? Point is, I'm a very active guy. Used to do triathlons prior to a shoulder injury. I play sports with my kids and other adults, etc. I can't find a single reason that I'd need to be able to bench press 300 plus lbs, or squat 400+ lbs. Please enlighten me.

lead_block 07-09-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9801223)
I don't want to come across as being a dick or starting an argument, but I have a question about some of the workouts being mentioned. So, some guys want to do a program over several weeks to enable them to bench press 300+lbs, or squat 400+ lbs or whatever. My question is, what is coveted about the ability to do such feats unless you are either 1. competing, or 2. making a living as an athlete? Point is, I'm a very active guy. Used to do triathlons prior to a shoulder injury. I play sports with my kids and other adults, etc. I can't find a single reason that I'd need to be able to bench press 300 plus lbs, or squat 400+ lbs. Please enlighten me.

I do it to look good naked. The bench/squat numbers are just bragging rights. If you can bench 300 at a low body fat the side effect is you probably look pretty good.

Saul Good 07-09-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

I don't really understand this question. You mention that you used to do triathlons. I would assume that you tried to improve your times, but there's no more practical application for bicycle racing than there is being strong.

Pushing yourself helps you grow physically, mentally, and even emotionally. It helps burn stress. It helps you clear your mind. It gives you a feeling of accomplishment. It gives you confidence. Simply doing the same thing over and over without setting goals, seeking improvement, etc. is monotonous.

I'm not into lifting, but I run, box, etc. I want to run faster and farther. I want to throw cleaner hooks. I want to do a better job of recognizing and identifying feints.

I'm never going to fight Mayweather. I'm never going to run in the Olympics. I like the way I feel when I achieve a goal. I like the way I look at the pool. Frankly, I like knowing that I can handle myself in the extremely unlikely event that such a situation should arise.

lead_block 07-09-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9801260)
I don't really understand this question. You mention that you used to do triathlons. I would assume that you tried to improve your times, but there's no more practical application for bicycle racing than there is being strong.

Pushing yourself helps you grow physically, mentally, and even emotionally. It helps burn stress. It helps you clear your mind. It gives you a feeling of accomplishment. It gives you confidence. Simply doing the same thing over and over without setting goals, seeking improvement, etc. is monotonous.

I'm not into lifting, but I run, box, etc. I want to run faster and farther. I want to throw cleaner hooks. I want to do a better job of recognizing and identifying feints.

I'm never going to fight Mayweather. I'm never going to run in the Olympics. I like the way I feel when I achieve a goal. I like the way I look at the pool. Frankly, I like knowing that I can handle myself in the extremely unlikely event that such a situation should arise.

:clap:

BigCatDaddy 07-09-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

They are just goals that people have while doing something they enjoy. It's fun for some to push themselves to see what they can actually do. Someone else may have a goal of bowling a 300 or shooting par on a golf course even though the PGA and PBA may not be in their future. For me I was a 6'2 150 lb string bean when I graduated HS so I got into weights to and 15 years later I just love doing things that nobody including myself thought I would be capable of.

I think Henry Rollins summed it up best though.

"The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back.

The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

tooge 07-09-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9801260)

I did the triathlons to keep within my ideal weight and to get in and keep great cardiovascular shape. Again, I wasn't bashing bodybuilding or guys that want to squat 400 lbs, but I can think of plenty of reasons to want to run faster, bike more easily, etc., but no reason to squat 400 lbs.