ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***OFFICIAL*** 2013 STL Cardinals Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269316)

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-25-2013 07:28 PM

This is a great example of a manger's stupidity: 2nd and 3rd, 2 outs. Mattingly walks Jay to face Kozma.

Jay is a .274 hitter. He needs to get a hit to score a run.
Kozma's OBP is .326. He only needs to get on base to score a run.

Regardless of the outcome, that is a tactically awful decision.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-25-2013 07:32 PM

Left shoulder tightness for Gast.

**** you, SI.

Frazod 05-25-2013 07:33 PM

What channel is the game on? I can't find it.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-25-2013 07:35 PM

Fox (not FSMW, but Fox proper). It's the Saturday featured game.

Frazod 05-25-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9709517)

I can't get it, then. Stuck with the White Sox.

****ing Fox 4321

BigRedChief 05-25-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9709517)

Maybe in the midwest but not down here.:cuss:

I get the ATL game. I have the MLB cable package. MLB.TV and I still can't watch the game. I don't get MLB and Fox. Do they think fans will go ohhh welll I'll just watch a regular season game because its the only game on? If so, how many fans will make that choice?

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-25-2013 07:40 PM

Westbrook is going to get a second opinion from Andrews (death sentence), and Carpenter felt poorly after his last bullpen session.

Wacha might be the only option left at this point.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-25-2013 07:42 PM

Carpenter committed a one out error on a bad hop. Crawford reached. Ellis just lined a two-out double into the LF corner to put the Dodgers up 4-3.

BigRedChief 05-25-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9709525)
Westbrook is going to get a second opinion from Andrews (death sentence), and Carpenter felt poorly after his last bullpen session.

Wacha might be the only option left at this point.

Why don't they send Martinez down and have him get his arm in starter shape?

Frazod 05-25-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9709524)
Maybe in the midwest but not down here.:cuss:

I get the ATL game. I have the MLB cable package. MLB.TV and I still can't watch the game. I don't get MLB and Fox. Do they think fans will go ohhh welll I'll just watch a regular season game because its the only game on? If so, how many fans will make that choice?

Seriously. I'm not watching the White Sux and Marlins. Yuck.

But I'd be watching the Cardinals on the regional Fox channel, and since I'm not their advertisers are losing money.

Brilliant!

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-25-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9709530)
Why don't they send Martinez down and have him get his arm in starter shape?

It's not a bad idea, but what do you do for the next month? If Gast is hurt someone has to fill his spot.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-25-2013 07:55 PM

Mattingly just double switched Matt Kemp out for Skip Schumaker. Kemp proceeds to dog cuss Mattingly as he hits the pine.

By performing said double switch, Mattingly has now protected the guy who has three hits, three RBI, and has reached base all four times with the pitcher's spot.

BigRedChief 05-25-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9709533)
It's not a bad idea, but what do you do for the next month? If Gast is hurt someone has to fill his spot.

who knows? you can't plan on losing all these starting pitching. We have the deepest starting pitching in MLB and we can't just have 2 MLB quality starters just waiting their turn to pitch. We have one but do they want to fire that bullet?

Mr. Flopnuts 05-25-2013 08:01 PM

Nice bobble.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-25-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9709557)
who knows? you can't plan on losing all these starting pitching. We have the deepest starting pitching in MLB and we can't just have 2 MLB quality starters just waiting their turn to pitch. We have one but do they want to fire that bullet?

Calculated Risk:

Send Rosenthal down to stretch him out, slowly try and acclimate Martinez for the 8th.

Rosenthal's clock has already started, Wacha is on his first year of pitching every five days, and Martinez has devastating stuff.