ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dorsey: There is no definite first round QB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270104)

Messier 02-17-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9411095)
You dont know anyone that wants to be mediocre? JFC do you live under a rock? Everyone in the KC metro area is hiding under a rock hoping we dont select a QB...

The whole ****ing city wants nothing more than 9-7 and a LT or RG in the draft...

Dont ****ing sugar coat it... IF this GM cant ****ing see that it takes a QB in the modern day NFL, then the SOC needs to ramp back up and ask for a replacement.

You dont win drafting some clownfish from South Carolina. You win by drafting a QB. Its not ****ing rocket surgery. Its basic common sense.

Well the coach specializes in QBs, the GM was a top scout for a team that continually took QBs no matter if they already had one or not. I'm gonna go with they know the importance of QBs.

RealSNR 02-17-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9411073)
I was just watching some Foles snap-by-snaps from 2011. That really reinforced why I hated him as a prospect. Sure he has an above average arm. He uses inconsistent footwork and sprays the ball all over the place. He never works a progression. Geno is ten times the prospect Foles was.

Let's see... Foles was the 88th pick overall. If Geno is ten times better, would we calculate his appropriate value by dividing 88 by 10?

That's 8.8, which is close to what a lot of people have Geno ranked. And clearly good enough for the #1 overall pick if you're a QB, especially in a putrid class of non QBs such as this.

RealSNR 02-17-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9411097)
Rocket surgery?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fO1Vhc88QkM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

munkey 02-17-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9411111)
Let's see... Foles was the 88th pick overall. If Geno is ten times better, would we calculate his appropriate value by dividing 88 by 10?

That's 8.8, which is close to what a lot of people have Geno ranked. And clearly good enough for the #1 overall pick if you're a QB, especially in a putrid class of non QBs such as this.

Remove your lips from Geno's cock...it's getting really old. How do you know Geno is ten times better than Foles? Apples and Oranges...you really can't compare other than one has actually taken a snap in the NFL...

RealSNR 02-17-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9411129)
Remove your lips from Geno's cock...it's getting really old. How do you know Geno is ten times better than Foles? Apples and Oranges...you really can't compare other than one has actually taken a snap in the NFL...

. <- The point

You

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-17-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9411050)
Ponder is still a developing QB, and we don't have to construct an artificial ceiling for him just yet, as many mistakenly did with Flacco.

He's garbage. Under ten yards per completion. Something Matt Cassel hasn't even managed to do.

There are checkdown Kings, and then there is Christian Ponder

Coogs 02-17-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9410897)
There may not be a QB that is a franchise player either.

If Dorsey thinks that and doesn't like a QB in the first round, this board will immediately turn on him and call him Scott ***** though.

Which is ****ing reeruned.

I'll be disappointed. I want the best QB. I don't care if Andrew Luck is not in this draft. I want the best one from it. I want a front office that can identify that QB... and draft him.

We have the 1st pick. Not the 5th. Not the 10th. Not the 17th. The 1st. No excueses.

If they gamble in any way, shape, or form in trying to trade down and miss on the QB, I am going to be pissed. And if they think all the QB's are going to last until later in the first round and try and trade back up, and we miss out on the best QB, I am going to be pissed.

And by miss out, I am talking about some other team taking a QB before us, and that QB turning out to be the real thing. So it may take a year or two, but at that point I will be pissed big time becuse we have the 1st pick. No damn excuse to miss out on a QB this time around. None!

Messier 02-17-2013 07:07 PM

I'll be disappointed if they don't take a QB with one of their first 3 picks, but I can't get on board with the idea of just taking your favorite QB first, regardless of where you have him slotted. They may like Smith or Barkley the best, but still have them at a second round grade. They may never feel there's a QB in this draft that will be a franchise QB. I can't tell them they're wrong, and by the draft they'll have done more research than anyone on CP. I hope they find a QB they love, but it appears they haven't yet.

B14ckmon 02-17-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides. (Post 9411141)
He's garbage. Under ten yards per completion. Something Matt Cassel hasn't even managed to do.

There are checkdown Kings, and then there is Christian Ponder

Ironically, Geno had like a higher percent of scrimmage/screen passes than Wilson, Barkley, or Glennon.

NJChiefsFan 02-17-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9411176)
Ironically, Geno had like a higher percent of scrimmage/screen passes than Wilson, Barkley, or Glennon.

Those are different. Brady throws a lot of short passes but you can't just compare Matt and his 10 passes from inside 10 yards statistically. Matt is dumping off because he can't read anything and panics. Meanwhile Brady is slicing up a defense methodically. Different intentions and much different results. Different situation with Geno vs. Matt but it is still a different scenario. One had designed plays, the other panic plays.

SAUTO 02-17-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9411093)
Someone please help me and tell what the big fuss is about?

He said Wilson was an impressive interview and praised him which means he takes stock in the interviews. He then said that they were going to go to as many work outs for QBs as possible to set their own board.

How is this construed as a bad thing? It sounds promising to me, because, you know they have already looked at QBs and even with that they are STILL going to continue looking at them.

Actually he said they want to go to as many workouts as possible, him and Reid, and set up more workouts themselves.
Posted via Mobile Device

King_Chief_Fan 02-17-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9411093)
Someone please help me and tell what the big fuss is about?

He said Wilson was an impressive interview and praised him which means he takes stock in the interviews. He then said that they were going to go to as many work outs for QBs as possible to set their own board.

How is this construed as a bad thing? It sounds promising to me, because, you know they have already looked at QBs and even with that they are STILL going to continue looking at them.

that makes 2 of us

OrtonsPiercedTaint 02-17-2013 07:22 PM

We like to just stand there and bleed.

Chiefshrink 02-17-2013 07:30 PM

and what Mr. Dorsey "really feels about this QB class" remains to be seen:thumb:

Messier 02-17-2013 07:35 PM

I was reading the story as it was picked up by CBS, and it ticked me off that they included Teichers opinion that they might not take a QB at all in the draft. Dorsey didn't say that, its all Teicher.