ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs are releasing RT Eric Winston (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270822)

-King- 03-07-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9473893)
It would be a sad, sad day if we find out that the Chiefs released Winston for the sole purpose of creating a hole for Joeckel to fill.

"No place for Joeckel to play? We'll make one!"

Yep.

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-07-2013 01:21 PM

joshklingler ‏@joshklingler

Winston tells @dannyparkins @cdotharrison that he was not asked to take pay cut or change positions by #Chiefs - never came up

gblowfish 03-07-2013 01:22 PM

Move Baldwin to Tight End.
Move Manieri to Tackle.
Move Brandon Albert to Guard.
Move Cyrus Gray to Fullback.
Move McCluster to slot receiver.
Move Casshole to Arizona.
Trade first pick, for St. Louis' 1st and 1st,
or anybody elses 1st and 3rd.
Draft a tackle and a corner.
Take a wide receiver in the 4th.

Problem solved!

Frankie 03-07-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9473795)
People have such short memories.

Winston was nowhere near as bad as people are making it out. Bad was the 4-5 years prior to Winston.

Being less brown than a turd doesn't make something gold.

Sorter 03-07-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9473909)
joshklingler ‏@joshklingler

Winston tells @dannyparkins @cdotharrison that he was not asked to take pay cut or change positions by #Chiefs - never came up

Maybe they hate people with lisps or cleft palates?

gblowfish 03-07-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9473916)
Maybe they hate people with lisps or cleft palates?

Thay it isthn't tho!

unlurking 03-07-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9473867)
this Baldwin to convert to a TE stuff is hilarious...

Granted I missed a few pages, but I didn't see anyone wanting to convert Baldwin to a TE. Guess maybe I'll have to go back and read last nights posts.

Sorter 03-07-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9473913)
Move Baldwin to Tight End.
Move Manieri to Tackle.
Move Brandon Albert to Guard.
Move Cyrus Gray to Fullback.
Move McCluster to slot receiver.
Move Casshole to Arizona.
Trade first pick, for St. Louis' 1st and 1st,
or anybody elses 1st and 3rd.
Draft a tackle and a corner.
Take a wide receiver in the 4th.

Problem solved!

You forgot to move Tamba to NT.

gblowfish 03-07-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9473922)
You forgot to move Tamba to NT.

OK, so we can move Poe to fullback!
Even Bettah!

tyton75 03-07-2013 01:30 PM

I'll just say that this all looks like positioning for the Draft. No one knows who the hell we'll be wanting to take and might help boost the offers for people wanting to trade up.

Mav 03-07-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9473904)
I'm just going to give up predicting what this regime is going to do. I just don't understand what they're doing.

Oh, you know what they are going to do. It has been evident since the day the alex smith trade was announced. They were going to try to trade down, and if not, draft joeckel. Anyone confused as to what the chiefs have been planning, are fooling themselves.

The skill level from the top guy in this qb draft class, to the 10th guy, is minimal at best. With good coaching, there is no doubt that a Wilson, or Bray, can be better, or as good as Geno Smith, or Barkley.

patteeu 03-07-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9473882)
That's great and all but we were talking about some dufus on NFLN and his "accurate" predictions. Those guys are so hellbent on the Chiefs taking a LT that they keep getting more outlandish with their predictions.

I'm disagreeing with your comment that it didn't take a crystal ball. I haven't heard anyone else, either here or in the media, even speculating that Winston could be cut, much less predicting it. It doesn't mean he's right about everything, but he deserves credit (and a credibility bump) for this.

The Franchise 03-07-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9473949)
Oh, you know what they are going to do. It has been evident since the day the alex smith trade was announced. They were going to try to trade down, and if not, draft joeckel. Anyone confused as to what the chiefs have been planning, are fooling themselves.

The skill level from the top guy in this qb draft class, to the 10th guy, is minimal at best. With good coaching, there is no doubt that a Wilson, or Bray, can be better, or as good as Geno Smith, or Barkley.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

The drop off from Geno Smith to say someone like Matt Scott or Alex Carder is minimal?

mcaj22 03-07-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9473921)
Granted I missed a few pages, but I didn't see anyone wanting to convert Baldwin to a TE. Guess maybe I'll have to go back and read last nights posts.

happens every day on here in at least one thread, its a pretty common "want," "idea," "theory" or whatever on what do with him. It's more of an "excuse" for Baldwin apologists to try and give him a free pass that he is good or will pan out as a player. So grasping at straws, and very dumb ones might I add. Just becauses hes big and tall doesnt mean he can play TE.

teedubya 03-07-2013 01:57 PM

Winston isn't a gladiator... I bet he thinks this whole ordeal is sickening. Good bye, beeeeyotch!