ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

Ceej 11-21-2011 04:48 PM

I've not read the comic. But, I thought this week's episode was certainly the best of season 2. I'm intrigued by the barn full of zombies, and what Rick will do.

aturnis 11-21-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8128331)
I've not read the comic. But, I thought this week's episode was certainly the best of season 2. I'm intrigued by the barn full of zombies, and what Rick will do.

What? Nothing ****ing happened!

Shogun 11-21-2011 05:34 PM

Wish I never read the comics lol

Ceej 11-21-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8128411)
What? Nothing ****ing happened!

I left my neatly-written synopsis at home.

KC_Connection 11-21-2011 06:16 PM

This isn't a traditional zombie movie, it's something considerably different. Some people still need to get their heads around that.

That isn't to say that they couldn't be doing more with character development. They certainly could be. For example, I don't think they could make Rick more uninteresting right now if they tried.

KC_Connection 11-21-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8128293)
Should be pretty obvious the brains of that show left.

The new showrunner wrote this week's episode, which might have been the best in the season so far.

Brock 11-21-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8128574)
The new showrunner wrote this week's episode, which might have been the best in the season so far.

That's pretty weak praise.

KC_Connection 11-21-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8128580)
That's pretty weak praise.

I think you're imagining the quality dropoff from season 1 to season 2. I don't think there's been a dropoff in quality at all. It's never been a great show (although the pilot led people to believe that it might have that potential), but it's never been bad either.

Brock 11-21-2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8128591)
I think you're imagining the quality dropoff from season 1 to season 2. I don't think there's been a dropoff in quality at all. It's never been a great show (although the pilot led people to believe that it might have that potential), but it's never been bad either.

Well, you're out of your mind. Last season was fantastic.

Jamie 11-21-2011 06:40 PM

I think it's suffering because of the budget cuts. Even before Darabont was fired AMC was asking for 13 episodes for less than they paid for the 7 episodes of the first season. Moving around costs money, so the first half of this season (at least) gets stuck in one place.

KC_Connection 11-21-2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8128615)
Well, you're out of your mind. Last season was fantastic.

No, the pilot was fantastic. And the episode where Merle cut off his own hand was good. The rest (and the last 3 episodes in particular)... mediocre.

Stop with the undeserved hate and have some patience.

Brock 11-21-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8128664)
No, the pilot was fantastic. And the episode where Merle cut off his own hand was good. The rest (and the last 3 episodes in particular)... mediocre.

Stop with the undeserved hate and have some patience.

No, the entire season was fantastic. If last season were what you are saying it was, I wouldn't be complaining about this season. This season is meh in comparison to last season. This farm storyline sucks ass.

Stop sucking at evaluating TV.

KC_Connection 11-21-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8128817)
No, the entire season was fantastic. If last season were what you are saying it was, I wouldn't be complaining about this season.

You're complaining about this season because you lack patience and understanding. There's nothing wrong with it. In fact, I like it quite a bit more overall as they needed to spend this time developing characters to further the series as a whole.

Quote:

This season is meh in comparison to last season. This farm storyline sucks ass.

Stop sucking at evaluating TV.
This is what I would call selective memory. The plot may have developed at a quicker pace to draw audiences in Season 1, but that doesn't make it better.

Aries Walker 11-21-2011 08:57 PM

As for the last three episodes of season 1, I wasn't crazy about the segments in the CDC, but the nighttime zombie attack was one of the most chilling moments I've ever seen on television.

aturnis 11-21-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8128591)

This. So ****ing this.