ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith Traded to Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270464)

Marcellus 08-26-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9916886)
jesus, this shit never ends

you want so badly to get credit for being different while in fact advocating the exact same position of the last 3 decades for the exact same reason....it's too risky...there is never - miraculously -a QB good enough for the worst team in the league...nope, too risky

you want credit for wanting a QB, without ever actually wanting a QB

sorry, you aren't special...you're just the latest loser waiting on the fail bus

same as it ever was

What? Post like this are what make you look like a ****ing moron dude.

I never said it was too risky, I said the QB in this class suck balls. You are a ****ing idiot who cant comprehend that simple concept.

You just post the same retread shit over and over again with nothing to back it up except, we should have tried.:deevee::deevee:

Red Chum 08-26-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9916886)
jesus, this shit never ends

Horseshit. It never ends because guys like you don't let it end. The problems that you are suffering from are the ones that you made. Drop the "draft a QB - what's Geno doing?" bullshit and it will end. Get back to the ****ing Chiefs.

Sandy Vagina 08-26-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Chum (Post 9916906)
Horseshit. It never ends because guys like you don't let it end. The problems that you are suffering from are the ones that you made. Drop the "draft a QB - what's Geno doing?" bullshit and it will end. Get back to the ****ing Chiefs.

somebody knows what's up. :thumb:

Fat Elvis 08-26-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcat2005 (Post 9916900)
Wasnt Alex a FA a couple years ago?
Teams could of had him without giving up picks and passed

He absolutely is not worth 2 seconds over Palmer
That is franchise qb value, which is why I dont think Alex is a stop gap in Reid's mind

This smells like when Kyle Orton went to Denver

Was able to get the best out of him for a while, but eventually the limitations started to set in

Wut?

The Skins gave up 3 first round picks and a second round pick to move up four spots to grab a franchise QB.

That is waaaayyyy different than giving up 2 second round picks (assuming we quadruple our wins from the previous year).

Anyone who thinks we gave up "franchise QB" compensation for ASmith is a complete and total mouthbreathing moron.

the Talking Can 08-26-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

no cares enough to insult your mom

Red Chum 08-26-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9916916)
Wut?

The Skins gave up 3 first round picks and a second round pick to move up four spots to grab a franchise QB.

That is waaaayyyy different than giving up 2 second round picks (assuming we quadruple our wins from the previous year).

Anyone who thinks we gave up "franchise QB" compensation for ASmith is a complete and total mouthbreathing moron.

Yep :thumb:

Pablo 08-26-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9916560)
Wait, Dane, did you just compare drafting a QB in the first round to drafting a K? I know it's with respect to trying something that the team hasn't done, but I mean... you did just make that comparison, right?

You all saw that, yes? I'm not just crazy?

Not crazy. That really happened.

the Talking Can 08-26-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9916902)

I never said it was too risky, I said the QB in this class suck balls. You are a ****ing idiot who cant comprehend that simple concept.

You just post the same retread shit over and over again with nothing to back it up except, we should have tried.:deevee::deevee:

the QBs are never good enough....repeat, every god damn year

it's just the true fans way of saying 'too risky'...you aren't smart and you aren't original

because how do you know they aren't good enough? if we never ****ing draft one, how the **** will we ever know?

and good enough for what? 8-8 like the benchmark we set in compensation for Smith?

8-8 is peachy, but omg don't draft a QB because somehow I know they aren't good enough...sigh

and of course, a RT was good enough for a #1 pick...in the eye of a True Fan

so not risky, that

Pablo 08-26-2013 01:46 PM

Well, I certainly remember this roundabout discussion in 2009 when Pioli brought in Cassel and said **** drafting a QB.

I look forward to the 2017 off season. I anticipate the exact same circle-jerk with new cast-off retreads and scary, risky, unprepared rookie QBs.

Baby Lee 08-26-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9916931)

The QBs 'weren't good enough' the few times we drafted in the top of the draft order.

The vast majority of the time we were drafting 20-25 and usually the good QBs were gone already.

Distinction WITH a difference.

That said, Cassel has been ****ing us since 2009, which I noted since day one, including putting us in position to draft 1.1 in this particular draft. But Pioli and Cassel are gone now, praise be.

Red Chum 08-26-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9916931)

it's just the true fans way of saying 'too risky'...you aren't smart and you aren't original

because how do you know they aren't good enough? if we never ****ing draft one, how the **** will we ever know?

and good enough for what? 8-8 like the benchmark we set in compensation for Smith?

8-8 is peachy, but omg don't draft a QB because somehow I know they aren't good enough...sigh

and of course, a RT was good enough for a #1 pick...in the eye of a True Fan

so not risky, that

8-8 is better than a losing record. I'd rather have Alex Smith than any QB that was available this year including the draft.

I just want to win. I don't care how we do it. I am tired of losing.

Also, anyone who thinks we drafted a RT at #1 is in the dark. We drafted a LT at #1 who is playing RT this year because we have that luxury.

Let me guess, you looked up some stats and saw that first round QBs won the most Superbowls or some similar type of bullshit right?

No team will EVER draft first round QB after first round QB. That is suicide.

If you don't understand that it's not that simple I can't help you.

BigCatDaddy 08-26-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Van Halen (Post 9916419)
Man, I used the wrong "lead/led." Dammit.

So, he threw for over <b>3000 yards</b>, QB rating of 90. He's the qb ... so, yeah, he led the team.

LMAO

That would be impressive if this were the 70's.

Baby Lee 08-26-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Chum (Post 9916954)
Let me guess, you looked up some stats and saw that first round QBs won the most Superbowls or some similar type of bullshit right?

The ultimate irony is that, IF Alex were to win it all for us, the complete evisceration of their achings and moanings, they would STILL be able to cite that trope. Even moreso as he is a 1.1 pick.

Red Chum 08-26-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9916948)
Well, I certainly remember this roundabout discussion in 2009 when Pioli brought in Cassel and said **** drafting a QB.

I look forward to the 2017 off season. I anticipate the exact same circle-jerk with new cast-off retreads and scary, risky, unprepared rookie QBs.

I agree with you that 2017 will probably be right around the time we start considering drafting a franchise QB. I think Reid will win consistently with Smith.

DeezNutz 08-26-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9916902)

The approach should be to draft a QB every single year until we find a franchise QB. Then, we can cool on the "every year" part of this, while not forgetting about the long-term health of the position.

If we had taken this approach right now we'd have Kaepernick, literally, and not the ****ing reject that the 49ers fleeced us on.

*doesn't have to be a first-round QB, but 7th-round fliers are damn near worthless.

the Talking Can 08-26-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9916951)
The QBs 'weren't good enough' the few times we drafted in the top of the draft order.

The vast majority of the time we were drafting 20-25 and usually the good QBs were gone already.

Distinction WITH a difference.

That said, Cassel has been ****ing us since 2009, but Pioli is gone now.

LMAO

well isn't that the most convenient excuse ever....also amazing how you know with perfect knowledge when there are and aren't QBs 'good enough' for the mighty Chiefs...

the bullshit is thick, the denial thicker

we've made teh reeruned choice to spend decades focusing on backup and cast off QBs, and Chiefs fans have spent the same time frame saying the same stupid lies..."not good enough"...."too risky"

we've never even been able to get lucky on a QB, because we've never even tried...but hey, since you guys know with perfect knowledge (seriously, how do y'all do that?) that no QB in this draft was good enough for the worst team in the league....could you tell us when one that is good enough will arrive?

Red Chum 08-26-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9916966)
The ultimate irony is that, IF Alex were to win it all for us, the complete evisceration of their achings and moanings, they would STILL be able to cite that trope. Even moreso as he is a 1.1 pick.

That's a good point man. :thumb: They got a QB drafted at 1.1. What do they have to bitch about?

L.A. Chieffan 08-26-2013 01:56 PM

im glad they didnt try

Pablo 08-26-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9916975)
LMAO

well isn't that the most convenient excuse ever....also amazing how you know with perfect knowledge when there are and aren't QBs 'good enough' for the mighty Chiefs...

we've made teh reeruned choice to spend decades focusing on backup and cast off QBs, and Chiefs fans have spent the same time frame saying the same stupid lies..."not good enough"...."too risky"

we've never even been able to get lucky on a QB, because we've never even tried...but hey, since you guys know with perfect knowledge (seriously, how do y'all do that?) that no QB in this draft was good enough for the worst team in the league....could you tell us when one that is good enough will arrive?

Whenever we have the 1.1 again; and there is a Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck.

Then the time will be right. Until then, it's best to count our blessings we have a guy that won't throw INT's. Or over 20 yards and keep a defense scared.

Pablo 08-26-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Chum (Post 9916976)
That's a good point man. :thumb: They got a QB drafted at 1.1. What do they have to bitch about?

I know it's crazy. But some people want their very own franchise QB. That is drafted, groomed, and performs at an elite level right here in KC!

Silly, I know.

Pablo 08-26-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9916979)
im glad they didnt try

We know you are.

Your role as shitty QB troll would have been in jeopardy otherwise.

the Talking Can 08-26-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9916985)
Whenever we have the 1.1 again; and there is a Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck.

so literally once every hundred years the Chiefs can draft a QB...

weird other teams don't play the same stupid rules

DeezNutz 08-26-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Chum (Post 9916976)

Short shelf life.

I don't think there's a chance in hell that Smith plays as well as Green did here, and that trade sucked shit because the latter played at a high level for too brief a period of time.

The Smith trade was a joke on a number of different levels the moment it happened.

L.A. Chieffan 08-26-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9916990)
We know you are.

You're role as shitty QB troll would have been in jeopardy otherwise.

Yup, it would have been awfully hard to defend any QB drafted this year since they all suck. Thanks for noticing.

Pablo 08-26-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9916991)
so literally once every hundred years the Chiefs can draft a QB...

weird other teams don't play the same stupid rules

Well, once every 15 years or so that window will open up for us.

Then all fear will be removed, and the pick will be so obvious that even the guys in the .truefangif will rejoice.

I'm pretty stoked about the 2028 QB class.

the Talking Can 08-26-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9916997)
Well, once every 15 years or so that window will open up for us.

Then all fear will be removed, and the pick will be so obvious that even the guys in the .truefangif will rejoice.

I'm pretty stoked about the 2028 QB class.

shit, we need a count down clock

Pablo 08-26-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9916996)
Yup, it would have been awfully hard to defend any QB drafted this year since they all suck. Thanks for noticing.

Troll on. You're going to be busy these next couple of years.

Pablo 08-26-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9916998)
shit, we need a count down clock

Our QBOTF just started 2nd grade somewhere in America today.

GET AMPED.

L.A. Chieffan 08-26-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9916999)
Troll on. You're going to be busy these next couple of years.

Just a real fan bub. Go root for the Packers if you cant handle the heat.

jd1020 08-26-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9917002)

GET AMPED.

At age 10.

Underachievers FTW!

Pablo 08-26-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9917003)
Just a real fan bub. Go root for the Packers if you cant handle the heat.

LMAO

One of those dumb 'if you don't love it then leave it!' rednecks, eh?

That's an interesting character twist. What sort of trolling can we expect this year? I'm going to guess you're lobbying hard for Dexter McCluster to get more playing time. That's a worthwhile trolling effort.

Fat Elvis 08-26-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9916987)
I know it's crazy. But some people want their very own franchise QB. That is drafted, groomed, and performs at an elite level right here in KC!

Silly, I know.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7346/9...d29e319d_o.gif

duncan_idaho 08-26-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

The guy who could be our QBOTF but will be passed over because he's too much of a reach and doesn't provide enough value at the Chiefs' pick just started 2nd grade somewhere in America today.

GET AMPED.

FYP

the Talking Can 08-26-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

GET AMPED.

it's like waiting for the olsen twins to turn 18...no other woman is 'hot enough' for true fan Bill....

Red Chum 08-26-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9916995)
Short shelf life.

I don't think there's a chance in hell that Smith plays as well as Green did here, and that trade sucked shit because the latter played at a high level for too brief a period of time.

The Smith trade was a joke on a number of different levels the moment it happened.

I thought we should have gotten a pick in return but, what's done is done right? He's the QB for the foreseeable future.

Pablo 08-26-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9917008)

Yeah, the book is written for that guy.

L.A. Chieffan 08-26-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9917006)
LMAO

One of those dumb 'if you don't love it then leave it!' rednecks, eh?

That's an interesting character twist. What sort of trolling can we expect this year? I'm going to guess you're lobbying hard for Dexter McCluster to get more playing time. That's a worthwhile trolling effort.

Just admit it, theres plenty of teams that have the critria you want in a QB. Has to be #1 pick, has to be drafted by the team they play for, HAS to once in a lifetime talent, blah blah blah. Get over it.
I think McCluster could easily fill that Brian Westbrook/Desean type roll in the Reid offense., yes

the Talking Can 08-26-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

oh noes, too risky!....

but somehow Smith, who was a complete worthless bust for years, is our franchise QB and true fan leader....

weird, logic...

duncan_idaho 08-26-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

You know, it's funny. I was watching the Royals game when I started seeing all the stuff about Geno TAKING a safety. Then I saw the GIF.

Yup, not a good play. He lost awareness of the end zone in the face of the rush and stepped on the end line. But the way people were talking about it, I thought he just ran out of bounds or clearly out of the end zone or something.

Much different than I expected.

Fat Elvis 08-26-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9917014)

Well, yeah.

tooge 08-26-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9916679)
Well, I would have taken Geno Smith. And I would have traded down for peanuts, because **** Eric Fisher in the ass as the best player in the draft. He's NOT the best player in the draft. He's just not. That's ****ing false. And bullshit.

But yes, I would have at some point TRIED to draft a QB in 2013. Yep. Probably with the new first rounder I traded down with.

And hey, if I don't like the QB value at THAT spot, then I trade down again. Get some more picks. Use those picks to make our team stronger. Even get an offensive lineman with one of them. ****, draft TEN offensive linemen. I don't ****ing care.

But yes. I'm going to try to find a good QB. I've already got Alex Smith, so it's not like there's any pressure to make this work out.

I'm (and here's that word again) TRYING to get my team in a position where it can enjoy long-term success no matter what happens to the surrounding roster due to injuries or cap troubles.

I'm pretty damned sure they tried to trade down. You don't get fleeced just so you can trade down. It's bad business. If you would have taken Geno Smith, we'd have an immature and unready quarterback to go along with Matt Cassel this year, no long term replacement option for one of our bookend tackles, and no guarantee of shit from Geno Smith who, compared to rookies that were good last year, looks like crap.

Red Chum 08-26-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9917014)

I know you are being sarcastic but, it really is. He's dead meat and the NY media will eat him alive. He was absolutely the WORST QB they could have drafted. His personality is a terrible fit for NY. He's not physically or mentally tough and the media will never give him a chance. I don't think he would have made it in the NFL anywhere but, New York was the worst place for him to go. Even if they were a great team he would fold under the pressure quick imo.

Pablo 08-26-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Chum (Post 9917035)
I know you are being sarcastic but, it really is. He's dead meat and the NY media will eat him alive. He was absolutely the WORST QB they could have drafted. His personality is a terrible fit for NY. He's not physically or mentally tough and they will never give him a chance.

I just hope he can be average/terrible enough for the Chiefs to trade two 2nd's for here in like 7 years.

Fat Elvis 08-26-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9917032)
I'm pretty damned sure they tried to trade down. You don't get fleeced just so you can trade down. It's bad business. If you would have taken Geno Smith, we'd have an immature and unready quarterback to go along with Matt Cassel this year, no long term replacement option for one of our bookend tackles, and no guarantee of shit from Geno Smith who, compared to rookies that were good last year, looks like crap.

But it works in Madden....

BigCatDaddy 08-26-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9917032)
I'm pretty damned sure they tried to trade down. You don't get fleeced just so you can trade down. It's bad business. If you would have taken Geno Smith, we'd have an immature and unready quarterback to go along with <b>Matt Cassel </b>this year, no long term replacement option for one of our bookend tackles, and no guarantee of shit from Geno Smith who, compared to rookies that were good last year, looks like crap.

Wut?

tooge 08-26-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9916773)
Good point and true very true. BUT, they did so without actually drafting a Qb, and this is the problem. The Chiefs are continuing to show that they think they can get to the Superbowl with a Qb that was not drafted by them. And while Drew Brees was able to do this for the Saints, by far the majority of Superbowls are won by Qb's drafted and developed by their team.

The Chiefs once again administered the 'band-aid' approach to solving their Qb problems, the same approach that netted us Cassel, Green (while good did not win a playoff game), Grbac, etc.

Some fans are ok with 'band-aid,' retread Qb's but some of us aren't. It is a polarizing issue.

I'm not a huge Bray fan, but to say that he does not have potential is just being spiteful.

your facts don't support your logic. They drafted a QB in the 5th round two years ago. He was just cut.

Mav 08-26-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9917021)
oh noes, too risky!....

but somehow Smith, who was a complete worthless bust for years, is our franchise QB and true fan leader....

weird, logic...

Do you really think that if a franchise type qb was sitting there this year at 1.1 that Dorsey and Reid wouldn't of drafted him?

You think their ideal first draft was to take an offensive linemen?

Oh, and do you really think they thought that Geno would be there in the second round?

BigCatDaddy 08-26-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Chum (Post 9917035)
I know you are being sarcastic but, it really is. He's dead meat and the NY media will eat him alive. He was absolutely the WORST QB they could have drafted. His personality is a terrible fit for NY. He's not physically or mentally tough and the media will never give him a chance. I don't think he would have made it in the NFL anywhere but, New York was the worst place for him to go. Even if they were a great team he would fold under the pressure quick imo.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSjvTctIAAAB8uj.jpg

KCUnited 08-26-2013 02:24 PM

Has anyone sounded the Black Bob horn yet?

Red Chum 08-26-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9917038)
I just hope he can be average/terrible enough for the Chiefs to trade two 2nd's for here in like 7 years.

He'll be long gone and we can't trade with the CFL. Football is not like soccer in that regard. He doesn't have the ability to lead a team when the chips are down. That's what NFL teams look for the most in QBs and that's why we gave two seconds for Alex. Smart teams don't draft QBs in the first round who haven't done that a few times in college.

BigCatDaddy 08-26-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9917061)

Ahh Red Chum. Makes perfect sense now.

Red Chum 08-26-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9917061)

Black Bob horn... WOOOOOO!!! WOOOOOO!!! ROFL

jd1020 08-26-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Chum (Post 9917062)
He'll be long gone and we can't trade with the CFL. Football is not like soccer in that regard. He doesn't have the ability to lead a team when the chips are down. That's what NFL teams look for the most in QBs and that's why we gave two seconds for Alex. Smart teams don't draft QBs in the first round who haven't done that a few times in college.

Wow.

Red Chum 08-26-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9917068)
Wow.

It's the truth. Geno Smith is a mental pussy.

Pablo 08-26-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Chum (Post 9917062)

I think teams look for a guy that's been beaten out and put on the bench at every given opportunity; hence the wise trade for Alex.

Baby Lee 08-26-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9916975)
LMAO

Drafts - 1999-2006

5 QBs gone before KC drafts
Couch
McNabb
Akili
Culpepper
McNown
after
Shaun King
Brock Huard
Joe Germaine
Aaron Brooks
Kevin Daft
Michael Bishop
Chris Greisen
Scott Covington

before
Chad Pennington
after
Giovanni Carmazzi
Chris Redman
Tee Martin
Marc Bulger
Spergon Wynn
Tom Brady
Todd Husak
JaJuan Seider
Tim Rattay
Jarius Jackson
Joe Hamilton

We get Trent Green

before
Vick
Brees
Quincy Carter
Marques Tuiasosopo
after
Chris Weinke
Sage Rosenfels
esse Palmer
Mike McMahon
A.J. Feeley
Josh Booty
Josh Huepel

before
Carr
Harrington
Patrick Ramsey
after
Josh McCown
Garrard
Rohan Davey
Randy Fasani
Kurt Kittnes
Brandon Doman
Craig Nall
J.T. O'Sullivan
Steve Bellisari
Seth Burford
Jeff Kelly
Wes Pate

before
Palmer
Leftwich
Boller
Grossman
after
Dave Ragone
Chris Simms
Seneca Wallce
David St. Pierre
Drew Henson
Brooks Bollinger
Kliff Kingsbury
Gibran Hamdan
Ken Dorsey

before
Eli
Rivers
Roethlisberger
Losman
after
Schaub
McCown
Craig Kenzel
Andy Hall
Josh Harris
Jim Sorgi
Jeff Smoker
John Navarre
Cody Pickett
Matt Mauck
B.J. Symons
Bradlee Van Pelt

before
Alex Smith
after
Rodgers
Campbell
Charlie Frye
Andrew Walter
David Greene
Orton
Stefan Lefors
Dan Orlovsky
Adrian McPherson
Derek Anderson
James Kilian
Matt Cassel
Ryan Fitzpatrick

before
Young
Leinart
Cutler
after
Kellen Clemons
Tarvaris
Charlie Whitehurst
KAN - picks Croyle
Brad Smith
Ingle Martin
Omar Jacobs
Reggie McNeal
Gradkowski
D.J. Shockley

Moving up would have reasonable for Culpepper or Pennington

Missed on
Bulger
Brady
Garrard
maybe Schaub
DEFINITELY Rodgers
or
Orton

One guy we missed on and could reasonably have acquired with any playoff success.

If anyone else wants to document 2007-2013, my fingers are tired.

Mav 08-26-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9917063)
Ahh Red Chum. Makes perfect sense now.

I really do get amused when people don't take the time to understand one, how cut throat the new York media is, and two don't realize just how bad of shape the New York Jets franchise is.

Yeah, your picture was funny, but what he said is true. You are talking about a guy who showed true professionalism when he stomped out of the green room, and had to be begged by his agent to go back the next night, then fired his agent, and was responding to criticisms about him on twitter.

hes a mark dude.

The faster he gets out of New York, the better his pro career is going to be. He is thinned skin, and wont be able to handle the media and fans when he starts struggling, and he is going to struggle this year, and hes going to get booed, and blamed, and chewed on by the media, because they don't care that he wasn't ready. He ran his mouth a lot, and acted a fool by not being drafted. Clearly he thinks hes ready to play, and should of been the first pick in the draft. Even though clearly hes not.

Not to mention again, but I will, the talent around him, in new York, is AWFUL.

Red Chum 08-26-2013 02:33 PM

When it comes to football, almost everything I say here is true and these dumb****s can't handle it. That's why I was banned in the first place. I told them this exact same shit last November.

Also, I never broke a rule until I was banned.

Be careful what you say Maverick because they will mob up and get you banned for talking reality. I'm not kidding. It's probably only a matter of time. However, it never really stops anyone. It just fuels the fire.

L.A. Chieffan 08-26-2013 02:33 PM

Dont try and talk reason to them BL, they want us to finish 1-15 every season just in case theres a guy out there that looks really good in 3 second GIF clips. LOL

DJ's left nut 08-26-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9916895)
Something I've learned this morning: This thread is a lot more fun with 49er douches on iggy.

Should not have waited so long to do that.

Did it a about 10 days ago - it's definitely for the best.

ChiefsCountry 08-26-2013 02:34 PM

Found this old clip on YouTube.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-54FJBL-HR8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Elway throws 5 interceptions. Blackledge has none until the final play of the game. Chiefs have zero turnovers. Broncos have 6. Blackledge completes 60% of his passes. Elway struggles yet throws for over 300 yards. Blackledge can't complete a 3rd down pass to win the game, throws short. For some reason it seems like Groundhog Day being a Chiefs fan doesn't, I'm sure this will play out again this year.

Pablo 08-26-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Chum (Post 9917084)
When it comes to football, almost everything I say here is true and these dumb****s can't handle it. That's why I was banned in the first place. I told them this exact same shit last November.

Also, I never broke a rule until I was banned.

Be careful what you say Maverick because they will mob up and get you banned for talking reality.

Not even Maverick is gonna be able to **** up and be as ridiculed as you.

You're at the top of the recent list.

GordonGekko 08-26-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9917053)
your facts don't support your logic. They drafted a QB in the 5th round two years ago. He was just cut.

Did they give him the opportunity to start? No. Stanzi was not given that commitment to develop him like Green Bay gave to Rodgers, etc. Stanzi was drafted to be a backup, not to eventually become the future of the franchise. This is my whole point. The last guy the Chiefs did this for was Blackledge, and that was 3 decades ago.

What I'm saying is I'd like the Chiefs to take a guy, preferably with a high draft choice, and build the program around him. In my opinion this is how modern NFL franchises are successful, but my benchmarks are Superbowl champions and teams that continually make the playoffs. Maybe you have different benchmarks than mine.

BigCatDaddy 08-26-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9917075)
I really do get amused when people don't take the time to understand one, how cut throat the new York media is, and two don't realize just how bad of shape the New York Jets franchise is.

Yeah, your picture was funny, but what he said is true. You are talking about a guy who showed true professionalism when he stomped out of the green room, and had to be begged by his agent to go back the next night, then fired his agent, and was responding to criticisms about him on twitter.

hes a mark dude.

The faster he gets out of New York, the better his pro career is going to be. He is thinned skin, and wont be able to handle the media and fans when he starts struggling, and he is going to struggle this year, and hes going to get booed, and blamed, and chewed on by the media, because they don't care that he wasn't ready. He ran his mouth a lot, and acted a fool by not being drafted. Clearly he thinks hes ready to play, and should of been the first pick in the draft. Even though clearly hes not.

Not to mention again, but I will, the talent around him, in new York, is AWFUL.

Which is fine, but does mean "The book has been written"? Or has it been written with the Jets who are void of any talent on offense right now.

He is basically writing off a guy that may go through what the guy he is currently championing did while writing Geno A. He was talking out both sides of his wide ass.

Red Chum 08-26-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9917072)
I think teams look for a guy that's been beaten out and put on the bench at every given opportunity; hence the wise trade for Alex.

When teams compared Alex to Geno the choice was pretty ****ing easy. Leadership and personality aside, go back and watch the tape. Just look at his head and you see what kind of QB he is. He made more than one read like three times during the entire season.

He was one of the easiest QBs ever to evaluate. You guys bought into the media bullshit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9917092)
Not even Maverick is gonna be able to **** up and be as ridiculed as you.

You're at the top of the recent list.

Hopefully, one day I can be at the top of the list. I'm not leaving until I'm dead.

tooge 08-26-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9917093)
Did they give him the opportunity to start? No. Stanzi was not given that commitment to develop him like Green Bay gave to Rodgers, etc. Stanzi was drafted to be a backup, not to eventually become the future of the franchise. This is my whole point. The last guy the Chiefs did this for was Blackledge, and that was 3 decades ago.

What I'm saying is I'd like the Chiefs to take a guy, preferably with a high draft choice, and build the program around him. In my opinion this is how modern NFL franchises are successful, but my benchmarks are Superbowl champions and teams that continually make the playoffs. Maybe you have different benchmarks than mine.

again, facts don't support you. they drafted Croyle to be the guy. Couldn't stay healthy and sucked when he was

Mav 08-26-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9917094)
Which is fine, but does mean "The book has been written"? Or has it been written with the Jets who are void of any talent on offense right now.

He is basically writing off a guy that may go through what the guy he is currently championing did while writing Geno A. He was talking out both sides of his wide ass.

Yeah, I understand. But, I hope you understand that Im not doubting, nor commenting on Geno's abilities. I simply pointed out the information that has been presented, and commented on the current state of ****tude that is the new York titanics......

Oh, and I think the book on him IN NEW YORK, has been written. Its going to be a couple years of turn over from coaches, and talent by that time I think the ship will have been sailed on Geno in new York, and he will go somewhere else to become successful.

BigCatDaddy 08-26-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9917087)
Did it a about 10 days ago - it's definitely for the best.

I've avoided this thread for that very reason, but I think I'll give that a go.

DeezNutz 08-26-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9917106)
again, facts don't support you. they drafted Croyle to be the guy. Couldn't stay healthy and sucked when he was

Drafting Croyle was fine. Great. No problem. The problem is that you have to keep drafting QBs until you know you have one.

BigCatDaddy 08-26-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9917107)
Yeah, I understand. But, I hope you understand that Im not doubting, nor commenting on Geno's abilities. I simply pointed out the information that has been presented, and commented on the current state of ****tude that is the new York titanics......

Nobody is disputing that. What was being disputed is writing someone's career off before the take 1 regular season snap.

Mav 08-26-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9917112)
Nobody is disputing that. What was being disputed is writing someone's career off before the take 1 regular season snap.

I get that. Im not writing off his career.

Im writing off his chance for success in NEW YORK....

I think if he can get out of there in two years or so, and get somewhere stable, he very well could have a very very nice career.

The jets is just a disaster.

tooge 08-26-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Hey man, you and several others are preaching to the choir. I get it. I agree. Point is that several posters here make assumptions that they simply can't make, like
1. the chiefs could have traded down
2. the chiefs could have traded back up
We simply don't know, and I'm guessing, with guys like Dorsey and Reid running the show, that they did the best they could. I would have loved them to draft Cousins last year. Skins got him. Maybe they couldn't trade up, and maybe they had him valued lower than the skins. Doesn't really matter, because it was a different regime last year.

Point is, we are all arguing about what THIS regime did, but bringing up the history of the past three regimes over 30 years. This regime just so happened to get the 1.1 pick in a year with no 1.1 QB. Bad freakin luck. IMHO, they have don't about the best job they could've to improve the team in the time frame they have been given to date (8 months)

tooge 08-26-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9917112)

you could probably say the same about the success or failure of a new regime, no?

Fat Elvis 08-26-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

You do understand that is what Reid and Dorsey are doing with ASmith, don't you? Reid honestly believes that Smith is the perfect QB to run his scheme. He and Dorsey truly believe that he can be a Hall of Fame QB in Reid's scheme. They aren't going, "Awww, screw it." They got who they wanted. They wanted Alex Smith. Not because he is a retread, but because they think he can execute the offense better than anyone else.

Fat Elvis 08-26-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9917138)
you could probably say the same about the success or failure of a new regime, no?

You and your logic......

GordonGekko 08-26-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9917106)

This is futile. The facts are none of these guys were drafted highly, and this is the the difference I keep pointing out. There is a big difference in commitment of a franchise to a first rounder over a 3rd or 5th rounder. But yeah, if you think the commitments shown to Croyle are perfectly equal to the commitments given to Rodgers or Flacco by their franchises, then in your own mind I guess you are going to 'win' this argument. I definitely view it differently.

tooge 08-26-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9917142)
You and your logic......

"can ya feel it, huh, huh, can ya"/ace ventura

tooge 08-26-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9917145)
This is futile. The facts are none of these guys were drafted highly, and this is the the difference I keep pointing out. There is a big difference in commitment of a franchise to a first rounder over a 3rd or 5th rounder. But yeah, if you think the commitments shown to Croyle are perfectly equal to the commitments given to Rodgers or Flacco by their franchises, then in your own mind I guess you are going to 'win' this argument. I definitely view it differently.

when you put it that way, then yes, I agree. You stated that they haven't tried. You were wrong. But to the bigger picture, yes, I agree. I'd have liked it if the PREVIOUS three regimes would have tried more often.

DeezNutz 08-26-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9917139)
You do understand that is what Reid and Dorsey are doing with ASmith, don't you? Reid honestly believes that Smith is the perfect QB to run his scheme. He and Dorsey truly believe that he can be a Hall of Fame QB in Reid's scheme. They aren't going, "Awww, screw it." They got who they wanted. They wanted Alex Smith. Not because he is a retread, but because they think he can execute the offense better than anyone else.

Well, then the Chiefs should be a lock to make the playoffs this year, and they should be making a serious run at a SB next season.

GordonGekko 08-26-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9917139)
You do understand that is what Reid and Dorsey are doing with ASmith, don't you?

The key word in what I said was 'drafted.' 16 out of the last 20 Superbowl champions teams drafted and developed their starting Qb's. I don't think this trend is just a coincidence, do you?