ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Best Show on Television... Entourage (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119702)

Hootie 06-10-2015 10:06 AM

I thought it was just fine. What did people expect? Cheap laughs, entertaining way to spend $10.

DaneMcCloud 06-10-2015 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11216773)
It looks like an HBO movie, not a wide release.

It appears that the movie will struggle to hit $30 million, which was its production budget (not including marketing), so I think it's safe to say that this is the last we'll see of the Entourage crew on the big screen.

Hootie 06-10-2015 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11542647)
It appears that the movie will struggle to hit $30 million, which was its production budget (not including marketing), so I think it's safe to say that this is the last we'll see of the Entourage crew on the big screen.

Pretty sure it could have hit $100M and it was the last we were going to see of the Entourage crew.

No big deal. I didn't like Entourage towards the end but the movie was funny enough for the fans of the series to get a kick out of a little "blast from the past."

I don't really give a shit about the success of movies I enjoy, though.

DaneMcCloud 06-10-2015 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11542653)
Pretty sure it could have hit $100M and it was the last we were going to see of the Entourage crew.

It's only at $18 million after nearly a week. Films tend to lose at least 50% or more from their first weekend to their second, so while it'll likely reach $30 million, it'll be tough to get to $50 million or more to break even.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11542653)
I don't really give a shit about the success of movies I enjoy, though.

The only reason I mentioned it is that unlike Sex and the City, which earned $415 million worldwide on a $65 million dollar budget and garnered a sequel, this is probably the last we see of the Entourage crew at the movie theater.

Hootie 06-10-2015 11:52 AM

there is really only so many times they can have Sloan and E break up and get back together for happy endings, anyways

DaneMcCloud 06-10-2015 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11542767)
there is really only so many times they can have Sloan and E break up and get back together for happy endings, anyways

Yeah, I got to the point where I didn't care for either character because it was just so dumb.

I'll wait for the movie to hit HBO and hopefully, I'll enjoy it more than seasons 5-7.

Great Expectations 06-11-2015 10:26 AM

If they'd have done the movie immediately following the show they probably make some more money. They waited way too long.

DaneMcCloud 06-11-2015 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 11544385)
If they'd have done the movie immediately following the show they probably make some more money. They waited way too long.

I doubt it. The show's rating were sliding and there was no funding available.

It'll like earn all of its expenses back but it won't be deemed a success. But there's no way that HBO would have greenlit a $30 million dollar budget, just for it to be shown on HBO, so there's that.

Great Expectations 06-11-2015 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11544522)
I doubt it. The show's rating were sliding and there was no funding available.

It'll like earn all of its expenses back but it won't be deemed a success. But there's no way that HBO would have greenlit a $30 million dollar budget, just for it to be shown on HBO, so there's that.

I meant as a theatrical release. There were rumors and buzz towards it happening at the end of the show. Then they fizzeled, probably due to marketing research, but they blamed the casts "obligations."

DaneMcCloud 06-11-2015 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 11544723)
I meant as a theatrical release. There were rumors and buzz towards it happening at the end of the show. Then they fizzeled, probably due to marketing research, but they blamed the casts "obligations."

The word around town (and one of the producers is my neighbor, so take it FWIW) is that no one felt it could be a "winner" at the box office in 2011. It took nearly 4 years just to get funding and it's still not looking like a winner.

MMXcalibur 06-11-2015 02:07 PM

That's the last we'll see of Jeremy Piven.....unless The Goods 2 is being made anytime soon.

BWillie 06-11-2015 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 11533113)
Just saw the movie.

Couple things....

It was a short film. It's pretty much just a long Entourage episode, which made the whole thing kinda weird. Some really funny parts though.

I'd still bang Dana Gordon and Ari's wife.

This is what critics said, as the reason they don't like it.

WTF?

That is exactly what I Was expecting to see. A longer Entourage sitcom..I don't get it. That's why they made the movie. What did you want to happy, have Vin and Turtle fight off evil Arab Actors that have weapons of mass destruction to save the world?

BWillie 06-11-2015 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 11544735)
That's the last we'll see of Jeremy Piven.....unless The Goods 2 is being made anytime soon.

The Goods 1 was like the most underrated movie of all time.

BWillie 06-11-2015 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11542767)

They should have just killed E in a car accident after the first season. Nobody gives a shit about him, he's an annoying little bastard.

MMXcalibur 06-11-2015 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 11545150)
They should have just killed E in a car accident after the first season. Nobody gives a shit about him, he's an annoying little bastard.

Seconded.