ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2013 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268371)

Simply Red 07-10-2013 10:06 AM

lewdog - please get that towel lined up on the holder, properly. Totally bothering me. Then retake the picture for my comfort - thanks!

Simply Red 07-10-2013 10:08 AM

I'm down to 195 - still plugging away - slowly but surely getting more and more defined. I'm not quite ready for a snap shot - but then again - i'm not that far away from being able to proudly present one, either.

The Franchise 07-10-2013 10:11 AM

Which would help a fat guy better? Sprint8 or Couch 2 5k? I'm 6' 245 lbs and it's been a while since I've worked out on a regular basis.

morphius 07-10-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9802944)
Which would help a fat guy better? Sprint8 or Couch 2 5k? I'm 6' 245 lbs and it's been a while since I've worked out on a regular basis.

Sprint 8 might be tough if you are really out of shape, I tend to work my way into my HIIT workouts (which is what I believe Sprint 8 is), 'cause is brutal.

NewChief 07-10-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9802944)

I'm always about the HIIT over the distance. Sprint 8 might be hard on your joints and such starting out, though, if you're overweight.

The Franchise 07-10-2013 10:16 AM

Is it best to just do HIIT with weights then.....rather than cardio? Would that be better to cut some of the weight first and build muscle?

Omaha 07-10-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9802954)
Is it best to just do HIIT with weights then.....rather than cardio? Would that be better to cut some of the weight first and build muscle?

That's what I'd do.

NewChief 07-10-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Maybe. I mean, if you love the Sprint 8 concept, you could probably do it on elliptical or bike until you drop some pounds and are really feeling like running at full sprint.

But yes, a good HIIT weight program will accomplish as much most likely.

Saul Good 07-10-2013 10:21 AM

I've never seen results from anything as fast as I did with Sprint 8. Then again, nothing has ever sucked as bad, either. I never got a sense of accomplishment when I was done with it the way I do from every other workout...I just wanted to kill myself even an hour later.

I'm going to start it up again soon. Doing that plus distance running was too much.

The Franchise 07-10-2013 10:25 AM

Well the reason that Sprint 8 interests me is because I absolutely despise long distance running. 20 minutes of running is doable.....and I totally realize that it's going to be hard as shit. I wonder if I should just ease myself into it. Like cut the sprints down at first or add in a little longer rest time in between.

NewChief 07-10-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9802962)
I've never seen results from anything as fast as I did with Sprint 8. Then again, nothing has ever sucked as bad, either. I never got a sense of accomplishment when I was done with it the way I do from every other workout...I just wanted to kill myself even an hour later.

I'm going to start it up again soon. Doing that plus distance running was too much.

I ran 8*100 yard dashes in the heat yesterday, walking back to start for rest.

Saul Good 07-10-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

My workout partner worked the weights pretty hard. I did the cardio more. I dropped weight a lot faster than he did. He gained a lot of muscle.

He looks better than me in a short sleeved shirt. I look better than him in drum trunks. Just depends on what you're going for.

The Franchise 07-10-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9802976)
My workout partner worked the weights pretty hard. I did the cardio more. I dropped weight a lot faster than he did. He gained a lot of muscle.

He looks better than me in a short sleeved shirt. I look better than him in drum trunks. Just depends on what you're going for.

How many times a week were you doing Sprint 8?

Simply Red 07-10-2013 10:29 AM

do any of you all still use that simple ab wheel w/ two handles? I use it on top of routine - heard it's hard on your back - but it seems to help - really.

Simply Red 07-10-2013 10:30 AM

if pestil lost about 25 - he'd literally be batting off the ladies. no homo