ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***BCS National Championship: Alabama vs Notre Dame*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268582)

The Franchise 01-07-2013 11:51 PM

Nobody was beating Bama.

GoChargers 01-07-2013 11:55 PM

This game is just further proof of how idiotic the BCS system is.

Firstly, no more special treatment for Notre Dame, please. Yet again, they got their shit kicked in at a BCS bowl. They're now 0-4 all-time in BCS bowl games, losing those games by 32, 14, 27, and 28 respectively. As far as I'm concerned, either they join a conference, or they can play in the Toilet Bowl every year, because they've done nothing in the past 20+ years to prove they deserve special rules for them.

Secondly, can we now put the idea that Boise State, TCU, and Utah didn't deserve to play for a national title because "they would get blown off the field" to rest? At least they've proven themselves on the field over and over again against top-tier AQ opponents in the past decade, and two of the three have moved up to AQ conferences themselves. Notre Dame, meanwhile, wasn't even questioned on their way to the title game just because of their name and ultimately looked like a high school team out there. Enough of the hypocrisy, please.

And yes, I realize a four-team playoff is coming soon, but let's be real - it'll be the BCS all over again. We need a playoff system in which every FBS conference is represented in order for things to be truly fair.

PunkinDrublic 01-08-2013 12:09 AM

All week Notre Dame fans were telling me how overhyped the SEC conference is. It really does deserve the hype and tonight proved it. The talent level really is on a whole other level than the rest of the country. Congrats to Alabama.

KC_Connection 01-08-2013 12:18 AM

For all the hate it gets, it seems to me that the BCS system gets the right champion every year with the best team. More than you can say for the crapshoot that is the NCAA tournament, anyway.

KC_Connection 01-08-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 9295404)
All week Notre Dame fans were telling me how overhyped the SEC conference is. It really does deserve the hype and tonight proved it. The talent level really is on a whole other level than the rest of the country. Congrats to Alabama.

You hear that overhyped talk in regard to the SEC every year. It's like people just want to ignore the evidence that's right in front of them and forget what happened in the previous year.

DomerNKC 01-08-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9295388)
This game is just further proof of how idiotic the BCS system is.

Firstly, no more special treatment for Notre Dame, please. Yet again, they got their shit kicked in at a BCS bowl. They're now 0-4 all-time in BCS bowl games, losing those games by 32, 14, 27, and 28 respectively. As far as I'm concerned, either they join a conference, or they can play in the Toilet Bowl every year, because they've done nothing in the past 20+ years to prove they deserve special rules for them.

Secondly, can we now put the idea that Boise State, TCU, and Utah didn't deserve to play for a national title because "they would get blown off the field" to rest? At least they've proven themselves on the field over and over again against top-tier AQ opponents in the past decade, and two of the three have moved up to AQ conferences themselves. Notre Dame, meanwhile, wasn't even questioned on their way to the title game just because of their name and ultimately looked like a high school team out there. Enough of the hypocrisy, please.

And yes, I realize a four-team playoff is coming soon, but let's be real - it'll be the BCS all over again. We need a playoff system in which every FBS conference is represented in order for things to be truly fair.

are you on drugs? Notre Dame is treated by the other conferences as an equal. The other conferences choose to do that, its not special treatment. I understand that you don't understand their importance to the game, but i don't have the time or patience to educate you. There was no question on their way to the title game because they were undefeated in twelve games. They would not have had that opportunity if Oregon or K-State would have handled their business, it is not easy to run the table. No hypocrisy, as you say, an undefeated season against a real schedule. Utah went 5-7, you say that gets them into the championship? Boise state lost to Michigan State (which was beaten by Notre Dame) and San Diego State. BCS championship game for them? TCU 7-6, with losses to michigan state and Oklahoma (again both beaten by Notre Dame this season). Notre dame had not played like this all season. I have no idea why they looked like crap, they just did. it was embarrassing.
It is more a disadvantage to be an independent than to be in a conference and to say otherwise just shows your ignorance. Any team in the country can opt out of their conference any time they choose, it is a difficult path to take. there are no guarantees.
My favorite team got their collective tails handed to them tonight, no question about it. I should be the one upset about it, but you choose to use it as an opportunity to grind your idiot axe?

KC_Connection 01-08-2013 12:28 AM

Notre Dame had not played like this all season because they had not played a team anywhere near as good as Alabama. They were completely dominated by a vastly superior team.

DomerNKC 01-08-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9295441)
Notre Dame had not played like this all season because they had not played a team anywhere near as good as Alabama. They were completely dominated by a vastly superior team.

agreed.

DomerNKC 01-08-2013 12:38 AM

Then again, Alabama played their A game when it mattered. My hat is off to them. Notre Dame Played their D- game when it mattered. It showed.

crazycoffey 01-08-2013 12:40 AM

I'm kinda thinking; it would be a neat exhibition game to pit the bcs champs against the nfl team with the worst record every year. All profits for a good charity, see what happens

DomerNKC 01-08-2013 12:40 AM

A game to A game, Bama still wins by seven to ten though.

crazycoffey 01-08-2013 12:40 AM

So this years chiefs against Alabama. Play sat on Super Bowl weekend either in Hawaii to replace the pro bowl or next years Super Bowl venue

AussieChiefsFan 01-08-2013 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Stinson (Post 9295456)
I'm kinda thinking; it would be a neat exhibition game to pit the bcs champs against the nfl team with the worst record every year. All profits for a good charity, see what happens

Good idea. But I think the NFL team would easily beat the College team each year.

crazycoffey 01-08-2013 12:46 AM

Hosted by the NFL for primary funding/draw, see how they match up. Play for a comp pick for the nfl team and some type of collegiate funding for the college team

AussieChiefsFan 01-08-2013 12:46 AM

But yea Id be great to watch.