ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2012 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254372)

Bowser 12-10-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9196528)
Presser and not one question about RF.

"Listen guys. We're here to talk about our newest players, not to grill Moore about players already here. Understood?"

SAUTO 12-10-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenidol (Post 9196480)
"Passan's source insists the Royals are not in on Anibal Sanchez, whose market price stands at five years and $70MM+ at this time."

The Royals would have to pay more than the going rate. That's why I said 6 for 100 earlier. Same thing for Meche a while back. His market was around 4 for 40, but the Royals had to pay 5 for 55 to get him. Many Royals fans still hate that deal, even though they are wrong, and he even gave back the last year of that deal.

i dont know of anyone who is upset over meche.

Hootie 12-10-2012 12:04 PM

what did the Royals start last year? Like 3-14 or something?

I think we were a bit better last year than our record indicated.

stevenidol 12-10-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9196544)
i dont know of anyone who is upset over meche.

Listen to Kevin Keitzman or visit any Royals story on KC Star's site and read fan posts.

BigMeatballDave 12-10-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9196548)
what did the Royals start last year? Like 3-14 or something?

I think we were a bit better last year than our record indicated.

That 12-game losing streak hurt bad, plus a terrible July.

Prison Bitch 12-10-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9195862)
If the Cardinals would have traded Oscar Taveras for James Shields, I'd have lost my shit..

Why? That deal actually makes sense. Cards are in a position to win, and Shields helps the major league club immensely. I don't care about dealing off Myers, I care about the backend pieces AND the fact we're not ready to win. Like STL. So your point is silly here.

stevenidol 12-10-2012 12:11 PM

Stop the presses --- Tigers signed Brayan Pena.

Bowser 12-10-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenidol (Post 9196566)
Stop the presses --- Tigers signed Brayan Pena.

They needed to get the inside scoop on Hochevar.

BigMeatballDave 12-10-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9196533)
Wow, one click = 2 posts... Cool!

LOL, removing one of them!

There have been a lot of double posts lately.

DaWolf 12-10-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9196561)
That 12-game losing streak hurt bad, plus a terrible July.

Let's just say after this deal, Yost won't be making it through any more 12 game losing streaks.

The nice thing about this deal is that it makes things very black and white. The team is expected to win over the next two years. Not some arbitrary time in the future when guys may or may not mature. Now. Otherwise they're gone...

Prison Bitch 12-10-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenidol (Post 9196350)
You apparently don't remember the Royals in 99-00 that had a great offense and no pitching. How well did those teams do? How well does any team do without pitching? Signing Sanchez is not realistic within the framework of what DM has to work with.

Myers is awful defensively and a windmill at the plate. Let's not act like he doesn't have flaws.

You literally have no clue what you are talking about.

Nightfyre 12-10-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9196522)
Bonifacio's closer (theoretically).

The Royals evidently like his bat better than Myers.

stevenidol 12-10-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9196572)
You literally have no clue what you are talking about.

Well thought out. :clap:

htismaqe 12-10-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9196537)
If the Royals can't make the playoffs these next two years, it's an epic fail. Myers was of course the gem that the Rays wanted, but that's not taking into account giving up Odo or Montgomery. That was a ton of talent we could have used for years to come, as compared to the two year rental we have on Shields right now.

I like that we have a rotation now, I really do. Put it has to pay off fast for the trade to be a win for the Royals.

Like Beltran or Greinke?

Or maybe like Mike McDougal?

Or even better, like Colt Griffin?

Look, I understand it but I just don't agree with it.

People are bitching about trading away the "future" of a team that has continuously and repeatedly demonstrated that the FUTURE NEVER HAPPENS.

stevenidol 12-10-2012 12:21 PM

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...als-trade.html
  • It would have taken Jon Niese and Zack Wheeler for the Mets to obtain a similar package to the one the Rays obtained, Andy Martino of the New York Daily News reports (on Twitter). Matt Cerrone of MetsBlog.com first reported this news four days ago.
  • Though the trade reflects a sense of urgency from the Royals, Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star doesn't get the sense that GM Dayton Moore is on the hot seat.
  • ESPN.com's Buster Olney suggests the Rays will delay Myers' arrival at the MLB level to ensure he doesn't obtain a full year of service time in 2013. It's also possible that the Rays could look to extend the promising outfielder, Olney suggests. I agree with both of Olney's point here. There's no way the Rays can allow Myers to get a full year of service in 2013.
  • Six pro scouts don't consider the trade one-sided, J.J. Cooper of Baseball America reports. The Royals don't deserve the criticism being directed their way, the scouts told Baseball America.
  • One GM told Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports that "Myers is no slam dunk" and added that this is "far from a lopsided deal." Rosenthal suggests teams like the Royals can too often get fixated on their prospects and pass on opportunities to compete.
  • The Royals tried to trade Myers for Shields straight up, but the Rays said no, Yahoo's Jeff Passan writes. The Royals also tried trading Myers to Oakland for Brett Anderson only to be turned down, Passan writes.