ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs URGENT: We MUST re-sign Larry Johnson - FATE of WORLD depends on it - LET ME EXPLAIN! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273691)

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06-10-2013 12:37 PM

I'm starting to think that Simply Red made up this post:

So I've been banned from CP for what appears to be forever. I'd like to offer the following explanation and a plea for reconsideration:

Here's what happened: the absurdity of the whole Peyton Manning situation showed me how fun it is to post in an absurd style that involves a lot of simple repetition, Dadaist nonsense, obviousness, exaggeration, and thread starters/bumps that are a bit offbeat. So for the last few months, I've primarily posted in that style. And while I think a lot of people agreed that this was fun and harmless, mods interpreted it as antagonistic and obnoxious (fair enough on the obnoxious thing, I suppose) and as a behavior issue rather than a stylistic choice.

Anywho, I really don't want to be banned forever and I'm willing to tone down that style if that's what it takes. I had previously seen my bannings as the mods who didn't think my weirdo shit was funny just ****ing with me. Now I see that they genuinely thought I was a problem and genuinely felt I was blowing chances and "making them look stupid" for letting me back in.

So now I'd like to drop the absurdist facade and be serious for a second: I want to keep posting at CP. And I'm willing to do it in a way that totally doesn't piss off the people who are trying to keep the place civil.

If anybody could pass this on to ChiefsPlanet, I would really truly appreciate it. Thanks.

loochy 06-10-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9741272)
I'm starting to think that Simply Red made up this post:

So I've been banned from CP for what appears to be forever. I'd like to offer the following explanation and a plea for reconsideration:

Here's what happened: the absurdity of the whole Peyton Manning situation showed me how fun it is to post in an absurd style that involves a lot of simple repetition, Dadaist nonsense, obviousness, exaggeration, and thread starters/bumps that are a bit offbeat. So for the last few months, I've primarily posted in that style. And while I think a lot of people agreed that this was fun and harmless, mods interpreted it as antagonistic and obnoxious (fair enough on the obnoxious thing, I suppose) and as a behavior issue rather than a stylistic choice.

Anywho, I really don't want to be banned forever and I'm willing to tone down that style if that's what it takes. I had previously seen my bannings as the mods who didn't think my weirdo shit was funny just ****ing with me. Now I see that they genuinely thought I was a problem and genuinely felt I was blowing chances and "making them look stupid" for letting me back in.

So now I'd like to drop the absurdist facade and be serious for a second: I want to keep posting at CP. And I'm willing to do it in a way that totally doesn't piss off the people who are trying to keep the place civil.

If anybody could pass this on to ChiefsPlanet, I would really truly appreciate it. Thanks.

dude in this thread he is posting much more than PEYTON MANNING

vailpass 06-10-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9741273)
dude in this thread he is posting much more than PEYTON MANNING

Yep. SR is the goods, adds a real flavor to the board.

L.A. Chieffan 06-10-2013 03:07 PM

Actually, I would be ok with LJ coming back. I think he's got some left in the tank.

Simply Red 09-01-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9741757)
Actually, I would be ok with LJ coming back. I think he's got some left in the tank.

I don't see Clark getting the deal done.

BlackHelicopters 09-01-2013 08:40 AM

Can I get hush puppies instead of slaw?

whoman69 09-01-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9931005)
I don't see Clark getting the deal done.

Clark doesn't really do anything, that's probably why.

GloryDayz 09-01-2013 03:12 PM

No way this team will allow LJ to pass Nacho. Just no way... Oh well, it is what it is..

Dave Lane 09-01-2013 03:15 PM

You forgot to put in the message to forward this to everyone you know...

GloryDayz 09-01-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9931714)
You forgot to put in the message to forward this to everyone you know...

Not to worry, the NSA will do that anyway.

BigRedChief 01-13-2016 11:09 PM

Ex-NFL Star Larry Johnson No Jail Time For Nightclub Attack

Larry Johnson dodged a jail sentence for the Miami nightclub attack where he punched a guy and attacked him with a glass.

The former star running back for the Chiefs pled guilty to battery for the violent incident that went down at the Delano Hotel last October. TMZ Sports broke the story ... Johnson punched the victim and then broke a glass -- action movie style -- and threatened to cut the guy.

Johnson's guilty plea got him 12 months probation, 60 hours of community service, and he has to submit to substance abuse evaluation. He also has to stay away from the victim and the club.

RealSNR 01-13-2016 11:11 PM

FREE THIG LYFE

Simply Red 01-13-2016 11:19 PM

LJ is a warrior.

Ming the Merciless 01-13-2016 11:20 PM

interesting

Mother****erJones 01-13-2016 11:45 PM

Loved me some vintage LJ