ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football How do you feel about NFL being sued by Kaepernick? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310859)

Frazod 10-16-2017 09:57 AM

Too bad Lewis didn't murder Kaepernick.

thegame214 10-16-2017 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13156122)

Seems like a harsh thing to do to someone for kneeling

Chiefnj2 10-16-2017 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13156027)
1) Just because nobody wants to hire him doesn't prove collusion. Where is the smoking gun? Also, I guess that Mel Gibson should sue the movie industry. He was pretty much blackballed a few years ago. Where is his lawsuit!

2) He can voice his beliefs on his own time. Not on the sideline where he is employed to play football.

2) He isn't "voicing" his opinion on the sideline. It is a silent protest. He is not doing anything that violates a team rule or the CBA.

1) This remains to be seen during the course of discovery.

Indian Chief 10-16-2017 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13155999)
Which backup job has Kap turned down?

Which backup job was he attempting to get? He didn't opt out of his 49ers contract to go be a backup somewhere. He thought he was going to get a starting gig. When that didn't materialize, his agent put out feelers that he would accept a backup job. He overestimated his own value. So then the Seahawks and Ravens started to test the waters. As was already pointed out, his girlfriend called the Ravens owner a racist and a slave owner and called Ray Lewis an "Uncle Tom." He muddied the waters and then tried to play nice afterward. At that point, it wasn't salvageable.

And putting all that aside, who really wants this circus for a BACKUP QUARTERBACK? Not even the starter.

None of this requires collusion. That's what really gets me. None of the owners had to call each other or sit down in a room and agree not to sign him. No one wants to deal with this nonsense.

nychief 10-16-2017 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13156122)

Oh **** off. Go back to drinking and watching fox and friends....moron.

Ragged Robin 10-16-2017 10:19 AM

seems pretty dumb and a waste of a lot of money he probably could use to support his currently unemployed lifestyle instead

Chiefnj2 10-16-2017 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 13156153)
Which backup job was he attempting to get?

I don't know. Someone made the claim he turned down some backup jobs. I was wondering which ones. I was not aware that there was a pending offer from someone.

To people who say he is a backup at best. There is no way he is worse than the Jags and Browns starting QB's.

jjchieffan 10-16-2017 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13156144)
2) He isn't "voicing" his opinion on the sideline. It is a silent protest. He is not doing anything that violates a team rule or the CBA.

1) This remains to be seen during the course of discovery.

Oh but he most certainly is voicing his opinion when he kneels. He went out and stated his reasoning for doing it. So every time that he knelt, he was repeating that statement in his actions. His actions are his voice. Don't try to change that because he isn't vocally saying it on the sideline. But I believe that I have seen the NFL policy on player conduct during the anthem. I haven't verified to see if that policy actually exists. But assuming that it does, the policy that I saw posted says that players are to be standing with their hand on their chest. He would definitely be in violation of that.

Buehler445 10-16-2017 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13155249)
TO was a dinosaur age wise and Tebow ****ing sucked. Kaep was ok last year and should be on a team. No ****ing way will you ever convince me Weeden, Casssel, Hogan, etc are worth a spot over him.

Right. But it's not a new development.

Weeden Cassel and Hogan had jobs last year too. All while there is some schlub on his couch that put up 500 yards at Nowhereville A&M would be better. This is not evidence. This condition existed before Kaepernick.

Easy 6 10-16-2017 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 13156153)
Which backup job was he attempting to get? He didn't opt out of his 49ers contract to go be a backup somewhere. He thought he was going to get a starting gig. When that didn't materialize, his agent put out feelers that he would accept a backup job. He overestimated his own value. So then the Seahawks and Ravens started to test the waters. As was already pointed out, his girlfriend called the Ravens owner a racist and a slave owner and called Ray Lewis an "Uncle Tom." He muddied the waters and then tried to play nice afterward. At that point, it wasn't salvageable.

And putting all that aside, who really wants this circus for a BACKUP QUARTERBACK? Not even the starter.

None of this requires collusion. That's what really gets me. None of the owners had to call each other or sit down in a room and agree not to sign him. No one wants to deal with this nonsense.

Well said

Gravedigger 10-16-2017 10:56 AM

Some court will give it to him as a severance package. I have no problem with it, their are tons of worse lawsuits out there than this one, by far.

Hydrae 10-16-2017 10:58 AM

Maybe he should add Ray Rice and they can make it a class-action lawsuit. :shrug:

thegame214 10-16-2017 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae (Post 13156249)
Maybe he should add Ray Rice and they can make it a class-action lawsuit. :shrug:

Kaep has some support, Ray Rice would hurt his case associating with him given the video/backlash.

redfan 10-16-2017 11:06 AM

Kap's angling for a settlement. It's the only thing that makes sense.
Gonna be tough to actually prove collusion unless teams were really careless, and even then you'd have to show teams conspiring with one another in hard copy form.
Good luck with that.

lawrenceRaider 10-16-2017 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13155216)
When you watch Matt Cassel take snaps, I don't think you can say he doesn't have a point. Or Kevin Hogan.

They ****ing suck dick. Collusion is taking place.

Meh. Kaep sucks as well. Cassel at least doesn't poison the team outside his suckitude. Hogan might still be a work in progress?

When Kaep stopped working on his game and believed the hype, then gave more effort to the kneeling stuff, he blew up his opportunity.