ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jeff Chadiha Interviewed on 810 this morning -Interesting bits about Cassel and OC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255513)

Chiefnj2 01-26-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 8328296)
I don't look at it that way at all. Hell, they had Bledsoe and continued to draft QBs.

I also look at it in context-we had Brodie "no longer in the league" Croyle and Tyler(3rd string)Thigpen. Given the circumstances, for a 2nd rounder he attempted to upgrade the position and actually did, unless someone wants to argue we'd be better served with Croyle or Thigpen at the helm. Those were the choices.

Choices:

Draft Sanchez or Freeman with a 1st.
Draft Tebow in the 1st, or Clausen in the 2nd, or McCoy in the 2nd or 3rd.

They realistically weren't going to take a QB in the 1st or 2nd this year after Cassel made the Pro-Bowl.

Fish 01-26-2012 11:16 AM

(3rd person information!)

I'm good friends with Ryan Lilja's cousin. He talks to Lilja quite often. According to him, Lilja said that Haley constantly belittled Cassel in front of the team. Said he treated Cassel like a child, and that respect was a constant issue. Lilja thought Cassel was a timid dork, but a nice guy. Cassel tried constantly to fire up the team, but nobody really responded when Cassel would go on his fiery tirades.

Again... this is 3rd person info from Lilja's cousin.

suds79 01-26-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8328310)
Cassel tried constantly to fire up the team, but nobody really responded when Cassel would go on his fiery tirades.

That's because players are inspired by guys who get it done on the field.

COchief 01-26-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

I'm good friends with Ryan Lilja's cousin. He talks to Lilja quite often. According to him, Lilja said that Haley constantly belittled Cassel in front of the team. Said he treated Cassel like a child, and that respect was a constant issue. Lilja thought Cassel was a timid dork, but a nice guy. Cassel tried constantly to fire up the team, but nobody really responded when Cassel would go on his fiery tirades.

Can I sign up for your email list? JK

On a serious note, I have been waiting for Whitlock to write a scathing article about the whole Pioli/Arrowhead environment scandal as Whit is known for "told you so's", I can't believe he hasn't chimed in. Any chance that I missed the article???

JimNasium 01-26-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8328054)
Will Pioli hold fast and sink with the ship?

To the ship?
Posted via Mobile Device

BigChiefFan 01-26-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8328307)
Bringing in Cassel as a stopgap isn't the major crime here. Putting next to nothing in the line of succession is.

I agree, but is that enough to let the good he has done, outweigh it?

Also, there is a player on the team named Stanzi, it isn't exactly like he ignored it.

Pants 01-26-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

I believe this a hundred percent.

Dave Lane 01-26-2012 11:23 AM

He certainly plays like a timid dork

Mr_Tomahawk 01-26-2012 11:24 AM

Timid Dork LMAO!!!

durtyrute 01-26-2012 11:25 AM

Matt "Timid Dork" Cassel. Hey mods can we get that inserted in there for Cassel?

-King- 01-26-2012 11:25 AM

Well ****.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock 01-26-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 8328339)
I agree, but is that enough to let the good he has done, outweigh it?

Also, there is a player on the team named Stanzi, it isn't exactly like he ignored it.

Right, but if Stanzi is, even at this early point in his career, not a better option than Tyler Palko? Which I do not believe, but they still didn't put him on the field. What was Palko doing on an NFL team?

durtyrute 01-26-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 8328344)
He certainly plays like a timid dork

This x a billionty millionty

suds79 01-26-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 8328339)

Ehh that's debatable. When you have a QB like Matt Cassel and trying to 5th round yourself a Tom Brady isn't exactly handling the problem.

Have to invest more. I'm willing to give him this offseason to see what he does to try to strengthen the QB competition.

htismaqe 01-26-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8328361)
Right, but if Stanzi is, even at this early point in his career, not a better option than Tyler Palko? Which I do not believe, but they still didn't put him on the field. What was Palko doing on an NFL team?

He was Haley's little buddy.

http://www.cultureblues.com/wp-conte...er-blaster.jpg