ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   2013 QB Prospects (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259106)

Ebolapox 05-09-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8604421)
At some point you've got to roll the dice, warts and all.

As far as QB prospects:

1. Barkley - I agree with the last few posters. I see your typical USC QB who has had the benefit of the best training, etc., since they were 5 years old, playing on a talented team against a bunch of bad defenses. These guys are close to peak and aren't used to adversity.

2. Tyler Bray - I do not get the fascination with this kid. Injured both years. Destroys poor competition, but is below average against better teams. Maybe he'll pull it together this year.

3. Tyler Wilson - my personal favorite so far.

4. Keith Price - Only saw him against Baylor and I was impressed, albeit against a bad D. I think he'll come in shorter than listed which will cause the various Breese comparison/arguments.

5. Landry Jones - I remember watching his first few games thinking, this kid has a lot of potential. Sadly, he hasn't seemed to improve. Looks like he did early on.

6. Logan Thomas - Haven't seen him play, but his stats are wildly inconsistent. Compl % ranged from 40% to 92% last year. 5 games under 55% .

who is breese? you keep typing the name wrong, it's rather annoying. BREES. as in, drew BREES. just like it was ryan SIMS, not ryan SIMMS. ryan SIMS was not the son of phil SIMMS.

sorry for mini-rant, but... that's all I could take.

RealSNR 05-09-2012 01:16 PM

H5N5, what do you think of Ricky Stanzzi and Brady Quin's chances to unseat Cassell this year?

suds79 05-09-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8604787)
H5N5, what do you think of Ricky Stanzzi and Brady Quin's chances to unseat Cassell this year?

Unseat him? Zero.

Their only chance is if Matt gets injured and either one lights it up in his time in. Thankfully for them, Matt hasn't completed a full season yet as a Chief.

RealSNR 05-09-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8604858)
Unseat him? Zero.

Their only chance is if Matt gets injured and either one lights it up in his time in. Thankfully for them, Matt hasn't completed a full season yet as a Chief.

True. Although apart from last year and 2009, the circumstances for him missing games was very flukey. It can be fully expected that Mat would have started all 16 games for the Patriots in 2008 if Thom Braddy got injured before the season started. And appendicitis... well, we can rule that one out as a possible reason for getting sidelined this season. We should probably check if Mat Cassell has ever had chicken pox or his tonsils taken out, too.

Hopefully Rommeo re-thinks the QB situation if Cassell is just stinking things up. Look at other Patriot Way coaches- Parsells didn't exactly have any qualms about benching Bledso and putting in Rowmo. Or even in 1998 when he started Testiclede for the Jets. Rommeo even benched Brady Quin (a golden boy of the franchise at the time) in favor of Derrick Anderssen. We can only hope he'll do the same here in KC.

Frosty 05-09-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8604858)
Unseat him? Zero.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...5pJXxI16H2r3mw

RealSNR 05-09-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 8604913)

Fogghorn Legghorn. A real American hero.

The Franchise 05-09-2012 02:51 PM

Seriously....this year HAS to be the year that we get a ****ing QB.

Chief Roundup 05-09-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8605029)

Must already be on the roster then.

whoman69 05-09-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8605012)
Fogghorn Legghorn. A real American hero.

I say now, that boy is about as sharp as a bowling ball.

Ebolapox 05-09-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8604787)

you're just the worst kind of person, snr.

jd1020 05-10-2012 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8605029)

The year the Chiefs draft a QB in the first round is the year that the 5th rounder goes on to win multiple SB's and winds up in the HOF.

Ebolapox 05-10-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8606349)
The year the Chiefs draft a QB in the first round is the year that the 5th rounder goes on to win multiple SB's and winds up in the HOF.

OH NO, WHAT A HORRIBLE FATE TO HAVE!!!!!

RealSNR 05-10-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8606349)

I'm going to take a giant shit on your sister's face in victory when Stanzi proves all you haters wrong.

DJ's left nut 05-10-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8606798)
I'm going to take a giant shit on your sister's face in victory when Stanzi proves all you haters wrong.

If you can guarantee that Stanzi will prove us all wrong (though I actually really like Stanzi), I will gladly let you take a giant shit on my sister's face.

See - teamwork. That's how shit gets done.

whoman69 05-10-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8607214)
If you can guarantee that Stanzi will prove us all wrong (though I actually really like Stanzi), I will gladly let you take a giant shit on my sister's face.

See - teamwork. That's how shit gets done.

I don't think anyone can guarantee that. I can guarantee that Cassel will continue to suck.