ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals (New) 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275329)

Cephalic Trauma 08-15-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9887475)
What tonight's lineup SHOULD look like:

8 - Lough
3 - Hosmer
DH - Butler
7 - Gordon
2 - Perez
9 - Maxwell
6 - Escobar
4 - Getz
5 - Bonfacio

Motion to off Ned Yost and replace him with duncan_idaho as manager.

RockChalk 08-15-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9887481)
I think I heard this morning the Royals are 0-6 with Getzie leading off.

You heard correctly. What a effing joke this has become.

There was a quote from Ned a day or two ago that said going forward, Lough or Carroll (I think it was him) would be leading off depending on the pitching matchups

duncan_idaho 08-15-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 9887459)
He has a lot of tattoos

He also loves the jesus. A lot. So PB will love him.

RockChalk 08-15-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9887484)
IT'S NOT LIKE HE CAN GO TO THE LINEUP TREE

Duncan: So Ned, how about that lineup tonight. 2 hits, 0 runs, 16 K's

Ned: Well Duncan, it's not like there are statistics I can use to tell me that Getz is terrible and what the Lough/Maxwell splits look like. I mean, there's not a statistic tree out there for me to pull information from.

Duncan: Actually there is

Ned: [Glares] I managed in Atlanta and played in the majors. I'm right.

penbrook 08-15-2013 02:10 PM

Outfield should be Gordon, Lough, and Maxwell.

duncan_idaho 08-15-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 9887487)
You heard correctly. What a effing joke this has become.

There was a quote from Ned a day or two ago that said going forward, Lough or Carroll (I think it was him) would be leading off depending on the pitching matchups

Come on, you've been following this team long enough to know that what Ned Yost and Dayton Moore say on Tuesday is likely to not mean shit by Thursday.

"give Gio a real shot."

"Ride the hot bat"

RockChalk 08-15-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9887502)
Come on, you've been following this team long enough to know that what Ned Yost and Dayton Moore say on Tuesday is likely to not mean shit by Thursday.

"give Gio a real shot."

"Ride the hot bat"

Oh I know. I just keep believing that one day, Ned or DM will say something that they actually stick to. I know, I'm a glutton for punishment

DeepSouth 08-15-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9887496)
Outfield should be Gordon, Lough, and Maxwell.

Dyson is batting .297 against RHP. I'd be playing him over Maxwell with Sanchez on the mound. I have all lefties in the OF tonight.

Gordon, Dyson, and Lough.

Gordon and Lough can hit both LHP and RHP. Dyson and Maxwell should be the platoon guys.

siberian khatru 08-15-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9887502)

"give Gio a real shot."

"Ride the hot bat"

The last thing is especially hilarious, since Getz was the "hot bat" in Omaha. But of course, Colon actually has been hotter in AAA. But, see, he doesn't have that proven track record of success in the bigs that Getzie does, so we know Colon's hot streak is fake, while we knew Getzie's was real.

TLO 08-15-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9887485)
Motion to off Ned Yost and replace him with duncan_idaho as manager.

Support this motion.

duncan_idaho 08-15-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 9887495)
Duncan: So Ned, how about that lineup tonight. 2 hits, 0 runs, 16 K's

Ned: Well Duncan, it's not like there are statistics I can use to tell me that Getz is terrible and what the Lough/Maxwell splits look like. I mean, there's not a statistic tree out there for me to pull information from.

Duncan: Actually there is

Ned: [Glares] I managed in Atlanta and played in the majors. I'm right.

I wouldn't be that kind.

Duncan: So, Ned. Why did you go with Dyson and Maxwell in CF and RF tonight rather than Dyson and David Lough?

Ned: WEll, Loughie has been cooling off and we need to get Maxwell's slug in the lineup...

Duncan: Well, if you're concerned about slug in the lineup, why start Dyson over David Lough? And if you're dead set on getting Dyson in the lineup, don't you realize that Lough is MUCH more effective against RHP than Maxwell?

Ned: I had a feeling Maxie would do something. He's swung a big stick against RHP this year...

Duncan: Nice that you have a feeling. I have conclusive (and damning, actually) statistical evidence that shows your feeling is likely wrong (and it's only luck if it turns out right). Now, moving on... Chris Getz is leading off.

Ned: YEah, Getzie has really been getting on base at a high clip of late, and we need guys on for Hosmer and BIlly and Alex.

Duncan: You mean in the three games since he came back? What about the DOZENS of other games in which he has an OPS lower than .600?

Ned: Well, he got on base 3 times last night...

Duncan: Stop it, Ned. Jeff Francoeur would have walked 3 times against Jacob Turner in that game. Getz saw 0 (that's none, zip, zilch) strikes in those 3 at-bats. Let's not act like he battled for em. They were handed to him.

Ned: Well, I only know what I know...

Duncan: And that's too f***ing little. Go lead your guys in bunt drills and waste more opportunities this season.

RockChalk 08-15-2013 02:22 PM

:shake: :facepalm:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Royals&amp;src=hash">#Royals</a> manager Ned Yost says Alex Gordon likely to stay at cleanup for a while. Says he likes Lough and Carroll in leadoff role...</p>&mdash; Bob Dutton (@Royals_Report) <a href="https://twitter.com/Royals_Report/statuses/367392633758310401">August 13, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ceej 08-15-2013 02:22 PM

Sometimes you wonder if Yost realizes this team is in the hunt for a WC spot.

ChiefsCountry 08-15-2013 02:23 PM

Well we do have 5 games in 4 days, look for some crazy lineups.

DeepSouth 08-15-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9887523)
I wouldn't be that kind.

Duncan: So, Ned. Why did you go with Dyson and Maxwell in CF and RF tonight rather than Dyson and David Lough?

Ned: WEll, Loughie has been cooling off and we need to get Maxwell's slug in the lineup...

Duncan: Well, if you're concerned about slug in the lineup, why start Dyson over David Lough? And if you're dead set on getting Dyson in the lineup, don't you realize that Lough is MUCH more effective against RHP than Maxwell?

Ned: I had a feeling Maxie would do something. He's swung a big stick against RHP this year...

Duncan: Nice that you have a feeling. I have conclusive (and damning, actually) statistical evidence that shows your feeling is likely wrong (and it's only luck if it turns out right). Now, moving on... Chris Getz is leading off.

Ned: YEah, Getzie has really been getting on base at a high clip of late, and we need guys on for Hosmer and BIlly and Alex.

Duncan: You mean in the three games since he came back? What about the DOZENS of other games in which he has an OPS lower than .600?

Ned: Well, he got on base 3 times last night...

Duncan: Stop it, Ned. Jeff Francoeur would have walked 3 times against Jacob Turner in that game. Getz saw 0 (that's none, zip, zilch) strikes in those 3 at-bats. Let's not act like he battled for em. They were handed to him.

Ned: Well, I only know what I know...

Duncan: And that's too f***ing little. Go lead your guys in bunt drills and waste more opportunities this season.

That's pretty harsh. Harsh, but pretty much how we all feel.