ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Niko's Room - Grand Theft Auto IV Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184045)

The Franchise 04-30-2008 03:49 PM

You assholes are going to make me buy it right after I get out of work.

QuikSsurfer 04-30-2008 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 4728400)
You assholes are going to make me buy it right after I get out of work.

What the **** are you waiting for? Get out there and get it!
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f8...er/28ksm77.gif

kcxiv 04-30-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4728390)
I was laughing uncontrollably when we were stumbling out of the bar and i'm wobbling straight for the car :)
I knew many people would lose their lives that night.

i sideswiped a cop and had them on me. I crashed the car and had to leave Roman, i got to the ocean and dove into the water tried to swim across, by the time i got to the other side the coast guard shot me down in the water and i died. It was amazing. When i got out of the hospital, i called Roman, and he was pissed becuase i left him. lol

QuikSsurfer 04-30-2008 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4728405)
i sideswiped a cop and had them on me. I crashed the car and had to leave Roman, i got to the ocean and dove into the water tried to swim across, by the time i got to the other side the coast guard shot me down in the water and i died. It was amazing. When i got out of the hospital, i called Roman, and he was pissed becuase i left him. lol

LOL
I think something similar happened to me while driving drunk but some how i fell off a 10+ story ledge and survived.. the cops couldn't reach me and Roman was left up there with the pigs. I got a message telling me that i should go back and meet with Roman. Not a second later, Roman comes crashing down the same way I did (maybe the cops pushed him off?).. he didn't make it. I took his money and got a call from him the next day. Had to pick him up from the hospital :)

Moobs 04-30-2008 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 4728386)
Has any one else tried the online the reviewers werent lying when they said it would sell easily on its own.

I posted this in UP's GTA thread:

Alright, I just got done with about 3 hours of Multiplayer. The single player alone is worth $60, but I have to say I haven't had this much fun playing a console game online in....ever?

I preferred Free-for-all, which allows up to 16 players in the city at a time to do whatever they please. We had a group of 4 or 5 people that were friends trying to roll together, but after bazooking their vehicles numerous times they decided to kick me. Argh. I prefer befriending other online players (You can talk to them privately using your cell) to tear the city up, then murdering them in cold blood in an epic heel turn (cue Jim Ross, "OH MY GAWWWWD").

I also got to ride passenger in the helicopter with some guy, but he got mad when I changed the radio station, jumped out of the 'copter and let me plunge to my death (The city view from above is AMAZING).

Sooooo many moments in online play that make you laugh your ass off at what is going on, and I've only played a couple different modes.

The Franchise 04-30-2008 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moobs (Post 4728471)

Alright, I just got done with about 3 hours of Multiplayer. The single player alone is worth $60, but I have to say I haven't had this much fun playing a console game online in....ever?

I preferred Free-for-all, which allows up to 16 players in the city at a time to do whatever they please. We had a group of 4 or 5 people that were friends trying to roll together, but after bazooking their vehicles numerous times they decided to kick me. Argh. I prefer befriending other online players (You can talk to them privately using your cell) to tear the city up, then murdering them in cold blood in an epic heel turn (cue Jim Ross, "OH MY GAWWWWD").

I also got to ride passenger in the helicopter with some guy, but he got mad when I changed the radio station, jumped out of the 'copter and let me plunge to my death (The city view from above is AMAZING).

Sooooo many moments in online play that make you laugh your ass off at what is going on, and I've only played a couple different modes.

ROFL Ok yeah....I'm definitely buying it tonight after work.

kcxiv 04-30-2008 05:50 PM

we played death match lastnight and we had nothing but rocket launchers. So all you seen was rockets going everywhere, It was a blast. I would shoot the rocket into the wall if i had someone next to me trying to stab me and blow both of us up lol

QuikSsurfer 04-30-2008 06:29 PM

Has anyone gotten as far to where they can purchase weapons?

Ultra Peanut 04-30-2008 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moobs (Post 4728471)

I ran over someone in Deathmatch once, but while the jerk was RIDING MY ROOF he ended up reaching down and shooting me. We died simultaneously.

Also, I absolutely LOVE the cover mechanic in the middle of a seven-sided firefight. Running to a low wall, sliding, and positioning myself under it is so ****ing cool and so ****ing natural.

Speaking of "****ing cool," every time I die it looks so great I can't help but laugh. The death cam is brilliant. No matter whether I'm running someone over or getting run over, the game is hilarious and so engaging. I couldn't believe thirty minutes had passed the first time I played deathmatch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4728609)
Has anyone gotten as far to where they can purchase weapons?

That comes shortly after "Crime and Punishment," in the mission line that results from it.

HC_Chief 04-30-2008 08:56 PM

Drunk driving is effing crazy!! Even after the sick camera effect wears off you still drive like shit.

The damned cops kept coming after me every time I got close to the taxi station. I would have to go tearing ass thru town to ditch the piggies... each time leaving a wake of busted vehicles and splattered pedestrians. On the (what seems like) tenth try I finally dropped the fat bastard off w/o initiating a piggie chase. I had to switch cars at least four times. :D

TinyEvel 04-30-2008 09:45 PM

okay. I'm gonna have to put like six late night hours into this game and catch up to you guys. It trips me out because Roman looks and sounds EXACTLY like this Croatian drug dealer MY FRIEND used to get his blow from

Wa-Z 04-30-2008 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 4728922)
okay. I'm gonna have to put like six late night hours into this game and catch up to you guys. It trips me out because Roman looks and sounds EXACTLY like this Croatian drug dealer MY FRIEND used to get his blow from

I know your friend.

http://www.g4g.it/phpnews/images/GTA...trailer_01.jpg

Jenson71 04-30-2008 10:59 PM

So far my favorite radio station is JAR.

My favorite radio station of all GTAs is KJAH from III. "You are a no good, you are a no go-o-od. The things that you do in front of me."

QuikSsurfer 04-30-2008 11:53 PM

my shit has been freezing up online a lot lately.. on 360.
to the point that i'm not even attempting to find a match.

anyone else?

Ultra Peanut 04-30-2008 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 4729018)
So far my favorite radio station is JAR.

My favorite radio station of all GTAs is KJAH from III. "You are a no good, you are a no go-o-od. The things that you do in front of me."

Liberty City, arise! Horace the Pacifier Walsh...