ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV AMC's Next: The Killing (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242439)

Deberg_1990 05-18-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7647185)
I'm still watching. Got a couple episodes behind but I'm caught up now. Not sure what I think about the whole terrorism tie.

Starting to feel a little 24ish...isnt it?

keg in kc 05-18-2011 01:20 PM

For some reason it made me think of Rubicon. I hope AMC isn't falling into a trend. Next we'll see muslim zombies outside atlanta and terrorist tie-ins in Albuquerque (well, that would make some sense).

Deberg_1990 05-18-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7647196)
For some reason it made me think of Rubicon. I hope AMC isn't falling into a trend. Next we'll see muslim zombies outside atlanta and terrorist tie-ins in Albuquerque (well, that would make some sense).

I never saw Rubicon.

I will say that i think almost the entire show is one big Red Herring.

For instance, i happen to like the political campaign stuff, but why do they spend so much time on it? Plus, pretty much every character at this point has had some sort of mysterious scene that makes you think something is weird about them.

my fave things about the show are Linden and Holder. They are both flawed but cool characters played really well by the actors.

keg in kc 05-18-2011 01:32 PM

The acting across the board is pretty good, although as I (think I) mentioned a few weeks back, I've gone from thinking it was cool that they were showing so much of the family and their pain to being bored and not caring at all about the family. At this point I don't really care if Michelle Forbes is ever onscreen again.

BigRock 05-18-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7647189)
Starting to feel a little 24ish...isnt it?

It's 24 for people who loved the boring political subplots, terrorism intrigue, and annoying offspring of main characters, but hated all that pesky action and excitement getting in the way.

Pitt Gorilla 05-18-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7647214)
I never saw Rubicon.

I will say that i think almost the entire show is one big Red Herring.

For instance, i happen to like the political campaign stuff, but why do they spend so much time on it? Plus, pretty much every character at this point has had some sort of mysterious scene that makes you think something is weird about them.

my fave things about the show are Linden and Holder. They are both flawed but cool characters played really well by the actors.

I've thought it was the aunt since the beginning. Nothing I've seen to this point has changed my mind. The terrorism stuff has seemed weird.

Deberg_1990 05-18-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7647232)
The acting across the board is pretty good, although as I (think I) mentioned a few weeks back, I've gone from thinking it was cool that they were showing so much of the family and their pain to being bored and not caring at all about the family. At this point I don't really care if Michelle Forbes is ever onscreen again.

heh, understood....but remember in "TV show real time" its only been 8 days. Of course the family would still be grieving and moping around...right?

Pitt Gorilla 05-22-2011 11:57 PM

Solid episode tonight.

keg in kc 05-23-2011 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7647550)
heh, understood....but remember in "TV show real time" its only been 8 days. Of course the family would still be grieving and moping around...right?

Haven't watched tonight yet, but in answer to this, it's not about seeing them grieving, it's about how much I'm seeing them grieving. I get that they're grieving. I've seen more than enough by now to grasp that. I'm more interested in seeing where the case goes at this point.

Pitt Gorilla 05-23-2011 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7657805)
Haven't watched tonight yet, but in answer to this, it's not about seeing them grieving, it's about how much I'm seeing them grieving. I get that they're grieving. I've seen more than enough by now to grasp that. I'm more interested in seeing where the case goes at this point.

I think you see the reason for the buildup tonight.

Deberg_1990 05-25-2011 04:53 PM

Not really sure how i feel about this show overall. Its well made, great acting, etc.......

But the entire thing is one HUGE red herring. They spent of ton of time on the teacher, then just dropped him like that.

Linden and Holder are the only reasons i keep watching. I like the charactes and actors.

rocknrolla 05-29-2011 09:22 PM

I was close to giving up on this show. It was just way to slow. Tonights episode really got things moving. Too many suspects to even try guess who of is.
Posted via Mobile Device

Los Pollos Hermanos 05-29-2011 09:26 PM

I was close to giving up but since there are only a couple episodes left, I'm forced to continue watching.

- CFoD -

Pitt Gorilla 05-30-2011 12:29 AM

Great episode.

BigRock 05-30-2011 05:39 AM

These people are the worst cops of all time.

There have been a number of "huh?" moments from a policework standpoint, but am I really to believe that a teenage girl was killed and they didn't think to check her phone records? See who she called? See who called her?

Because the fact that she called someone the night she was killed is apparently breaking news in this investigation. Thank God the weird guy was hiding and overheard it.