ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ESPNs Rob Parker Says RG3 Not Black Enough (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267655)

BIG_DADDY 12-14-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9207573)
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...0,596484.story

ESPN suspends Parker over RGIII 'black' comments

ESPN has reportedly suspended Rob Parker, who Thursday questioned Robert Griffin III's blackness.

"Is he a brother, or is he a cornball brother?" Parker asked on ESPN's "First Take."
“He’s black, he kind of does his thing, but he’s not really down with the cause; he’s not one of us,” Parker said. “He’s kind of black, but he’s not really the kind of guy you want to hang out with 'cause he’s off to something else.”

Parker apparently questioned Griffin's race because the Washington Redskins' star is engaged to a white woman and is rumored to be a Republican.

Parker later called his critics “uneducated” and “silly.”

Congratulations ESPN!!!!! I stand corrected.

BlackHelicopters 12-14-2012 12:36 PM

Racism continues to be fueled because idiots like this have a public forum. Sadly, the forums become more accessible to more idiots every day. Dude should lose his job.

Rugby Thompson 12-14-2012 12:41 PM

Remember when Mike Greenberg said Mather Luther Coon day on TV? It's on youtube somewhere. I really liked First Take when it had Jay Crawford but now, ever since they got that girl, it's kind of been going downhill. I wonder what Skip had to say about this..

Rugby Thompson 12-14-2012 12:41 PM

I went on first take last night to download the december 13th version of they're podcast and they deleted it, it must of been because of Parker.

Silock 12-14-2012 02:16 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WFY2kJ96jNY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Flopnuts 12-14-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sannyasi (Post 9207684)
Its a little unfair I think to make sweeping generalizations like "black people are the real racists" when the three other black people on First Take all disagreed with Rob in the same segment that he said this shit. The fact that Rob Parker is racist shouldn't mean that all black people are racist.

Yeah, well, welcome to chiefsplanet.com. Voice of the midwestern man.

Setsuna 12-14-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9206214)
Biggest challenge facing African-Americans these days is their own attitude.

Don't ever call me an African American. You can piss off. :cuss:

loochy 12-14-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9208879)
Don't ever call me an African American. You can piss off. :cuss:

dark skinned american?

Setsuna 12-14-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9208887)
dark skinned american?

LMAO. Nah just black. I don't call you a european american or a mexican american or a south american american do I? That's bullcrap.

FlaChief58 12-14-2012 07:09 PM

Stupid issue created by an idiot seeking airtime. Complete dumbassery

13and3 12-14-2012 07:21 PM

I think rg3 is about as black as Sly James. They are both darker on the outside than they are on the inside. Some people look at gays and lesbians and see women trapped inside mens bodies, and men trapped inside womens bodies. Some people can look at black man and see a white man trapped inside. What about Eminem? A black man in a white mans body? Right or wrong being African American has as much to do with cultural views, mannerisms, and associations as it has to do with skin color. Intelligence and being well spoken doesn't automatically get your black card revoked hence Obama. But when you are only interested in white women that tells us alot about who is inside that black skin, and how they might not identify or have certain reservations about black women and black people as a whole.

Sorter 12-14-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13and3 (Post 9209159)
I think rg3 is about as black as Sly James. They are both darker on the outside than they are on the inside. Some people look at gays and lesbians and see women trapped inside mens bodies, and men trapped inside womens bodies. Some people can look at black man and see a white man trapped inside. What about Eminem? A black man in a white mans body? Right or wrong being African American has as much to do with cultural views, mannerisms, and associations as it has to do with skin color. Intelligence and being well spoken doesn't automatically get your black card revoked hence Obama. But when you are only interested in white women that tells us alot about who is inside that black skin, and how they might not identify or have certain reservations about black women and black people as a whole.

African-Americans are Americans from Africa.

This is an African-American: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...XH7T1wGygyE6jQ

Sorter 12-14-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9209118)
LMAO. Nah just black. I don't call you a european american or a mexican american or a south american american do I? That's bullcrap.

Well, I guess, Q for my above post.

God ****ing dammit. :)

CLX 12-14-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9209276)
African-Americans are Americans from Africa.

That is wrong in so many ways. How many people that claim to be African-Americans have never stepped foot in Africa? How many of those that have never stepped foot in Africa had anyone in the past 4 generations in their family that have lived in Africa? I would be so bold as to say not a single one of them. They are just regular Americans that MIGHT have roots in Africa. It seems logical that after a few generations the family is no longer tied to Africa but only to America.

Chief Roundup 12-14-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sannyasi (Post 9207684)
Its a little unfair I think to make sweeping generalizations like "black people are the real racists" when the three other black people on First Take all disagreed with Rob in the same segment that he said this shit. The fact that Rob Parker is racist shouldn't mean that all black people are racist.

I DID NOT say REAL racist. I said the most racist. I meant that as in anymore. At least it is that way for the town that I live in and the ones that I visit the most. It appears to me that way because of what I hear lots of others say when out in public, ie overhearing other negative connitations that catches my attention. Things that I see. More and More white younger generations have been dressing like and take on other attributes that in the past were only seen by the black youth.
Which in some ways I don't like. But I realize this is for the betterment of us all for I think this helps to bring us closer over the generations to eventually reduce racism. I would like to say eliminate but that will never happen. We are all just HUMANS after all.