ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Cassel Chronicles: The Conclusion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=211171)

Hammock Parties 08-01-2009 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Rising (Post 5939840)
He has looked awesome enough to carry a clip board for his College Career...and most of his pro career too.

If Brady did not get hurt last year there is no way Cassell isn't your local State Farm Salesman answering your call when you get in your next car crash.

Well, way to make an irrelevant post.

Rausch 08-01-2009 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5939832)
"That's a baaaad newbie"!

It really doesn't matter who you're dropping the n00b card on in this conversation 'cause it's just as fuggen ig-nert a post either way...

Mecca 08-01-2009 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 5939839)
Look, it was garbage. When you say he was a one-read quarterback you're reducing him to shit. AND I WON'T STAND FOR IT!

Look now, for the first half of him playing, he took a ton of sacks because he'd look at his first guy sometimes to the 2nd guy and if they weren't there he was going to run or take the sack and yes he looked at the rush. I would think anyone that hadn't played in as long as him would look at the rush.

I even gave him a break saying his sack numbers are higher than they should be because he wouldn't take risks because he was told not to. The same reason I think he had a good INT number he took the sacks instead of risking a pick because he was told not to turn it over. It probably contributes to why some of us think he holds the ball to long, he may not even do that but was going on what he was told to do.

He has a lot to prove a lot of his huge issue should improve with playing time but I do think he'll throw more picks this year because of the difference in talent and I think he'll take more chances.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-01-2009 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 5939845)
It really doesn't matter who you're dropping the n00b card on in this conversation 'cause it's just as fuggen ig-nert a post either way...

That's a Dr. Cox quote you drunkard; keep up!:cuss::D

Hammock Parties 08-01-2009 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5939846)
Look now, for the first half of him playing, he took a ton of sacks because he'd look at his first guy sometimes to the 2nd guy and if they weren't there he was going to run or take the sack and yes he looked at the rush. I would think anyone that hadn't played in as long as him would look at the rush.

I even gave him a break saying his sack numbers are higher than they should be because he wouldn't take risks because he was told not to.

Why are you completely ignoring the fact that the Patriots couldn't pass block for shit the first half of the year?

This is honestly a non-issue.

Mecca 08-01-2009 05:00 AM

They couldn't pass block because he is completely different than Brady. Brady would change plays and have the ball out in about 3 seconds, no one would expect Cassel to do that and they were playing a different type of offense.

With Brady it was, big plays score a lot of points QB is out best player all of that.

With Cassel it was we have talent if you do enough and don't screw up we can still win a lot of games. And it's what they should of done with a guy who hadn't played in so long.

NE's line isn't awesome or bad, a lot of how they had looked in previous years had to do with the way Brady plays. Hell they ran the hell out of the ball this past year.

The Chiefs I feel will let Cassel do his thing and not tell him not to take chances and all of that that's why I think his pick numbers will increase it's really only logical.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-01-2009 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 5939849)
Why are you completely ignoring the fact that the Patriots couldn't pass block for shit the first half of the year?

This is honestly a non-issue.

Why are you completely ignoring the fact that the Chiefs line sucks even more balls than the Pats 2008 line?

Hammock Parties 08-01-2009 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5939851)
Why are you completely ignoring the fact that the Chiefs line sucks even more balls than the Pats 2008 line?

Debatable, as we've already discussed.

The Chiefs gave up fewer sacks last year for sure.

Rausch 08-01-2009 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5939838)
If he can just make more of those "clutch" receptions, the kind where everyone is holding their breath for when it really, really matters, I think people will get off his ass some and give him some space.

Best EVAR in KC.

Quote:

Taylor was drafted by both the AFL (Chiefs) and NFL (Philadelphia Eagles) in 1965. After a famous "baby-sitting" incident, in which Taylor "escaped" from NFL scouts, he was signed for the Chiefs by their legendary scout Lloyd Wells. Taylor caught five touchdown passes during his rookie year, and followed that up in 1966 by leading the AFL with a 22.4 yd/catch average and finishing second in receiving yards (1,297). At season's end, he was voted First-team All-AFL and was selected for the 1966 AFL All-Star team.
I'm not going to take the time to post screen caps.

Here's Taylor: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...Ot00.htm?redir

Here's Bowe:
Quote:

In his rookie season, Bowe led all first-year receivers in receptions (70), yards (995), and touchdowns (6). His reception and yardage totals set franchise records for Chiefs' rookie receivers. Bowe also set the team's single-game rookie receiving record with 164 yards against the San Diego Chargers on September 30, 2007. Bowe was in contention for the Rookie of the Year Award for his performance in 2007 (the award was eventually given to Minnesota Vikings halfback Adrian Peterson).

...He went on to obtain 1,022 yards receiving and ended the season 10th in the NFL with 86 receptions (the same number of receptions Jerry Rice had in his second year, though he earned more yards.)

Hammock Parties 08-01-2009 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5939850)
They couldn't pass block because he is completely different than Brady

Garbage. They couldn't pass block because the ****ing linemen got BEAT.

Cassel should NOT be penalized for not being Tom Brady.

Mecca 08-01-2009 05:09 AM

It has a lot to do with it, most of their line has been playing with Brady for their entire pro careers. A lot of their system is set up around Brady...and Brady was to the point where he made excessively fast reads and had the ball out in a hurry.

Their line isn't great but they make the system work because of Tom Brady.

We'll know a lot about Cassel pretty early on because those teams are going to hit him.

Rausch 08-01-2009 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 5939856)
Garbage. They couldn't pass block because the ****ing linemen got BEAT.

Cassel should NOT be penalized for not being Tom Brady.

Cassel is easily twice as mobile as Brady which is why I scratch my chin when I see the sack totals...

BossChief 08-01-2009 05:11 AM

At espn, they have a player page where it splits his stats up to scenarios that is very usefull. I would go there and post a link, but I am posting on the road from my instinct phone and espn loads slowly and Im lazy. Im sure someone will do so from their homebase. Especially after the final line of this post!

iirc he took about 30 sacks in the first 8 games and 17 in the last 8 (5 of which came against pittsburg...again iirc).

His comp % dropped every quarter as well.

His rating dropped 20 points in the 4th quarter

his passes over 30 yards were complete dogshit

he wasnt good AT ALL from under center.

the guy definatly has the tools to make it and the work ethic to as well, but he is far from a finished product.

Wanna hear a kinda crazy and unbelievable stat?

Thigpen went 10td/0int while under center!

Rausch 08-01-2009 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5939857)

Their line isn't great but they make the system work because of Tom Brady.

We'll know a lot about Cassel pretty early on because those teams are going to hit him.

The idea that the Pats line is good is ****ing hog$#it.

The exact same line that ended Bledsoe's career in NE is the same line Brady rode to a Lombardi.

Brady gets rid of the ball quick. He reads the field unbelievably well. He is decisive.

His line, and has for years, sucks...

Mecca 08-01-2009 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 5939858)
Cassel is easily twice as mobile as Brady which is why I scratch my chin when I see the sack totals...

Actually being mobile and getting sacked aren't really things that become exclusive.

Brady feels pressure and moves in the pocket and makes quick reads and gets the ball out in a hurry. He has a knack for just moving a few steps and avoiding rushers.

There are mobile QB's who take more sacks because they have a tendency to look at the rush or start running around and still get tackled behind the line.

Being mobile is nice but it doesn't mean you'll take less sacks.

Generally speaking the speed of your reads, release and your pocket presence are what goes into your sack totals.