ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Have an IT job interview in the morning..... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=216775)

Reerun_KC 10-23-2009 11:20 AM

Okay ladies, Back from the interview....

It went well actually. Was easy to sit through and interview when you didnt have any expecations either way. Wasnt nervous, all my answers were crisp clear and very thoughtout... I noticed a huge difference in myself now than I did 4 1/2 years ago when I interviewed. The aviation industry allowed me to handle the pressure very well. Never once was nervous or stumbled over any words...

Seemed like a good job, BUT, they like to work long hours and weekends.. At first they didnt seem geeky, but they turned out to be very GoChiefs like by the end of the interview...

I did realize I am about 1 version behind on most OS's, Exchange, etc.... Not that much of a learning curve. So we will see where it goes.

I did get an job this am working for some guys I am teaching how to fly. They do IT work across the state, BUT they cant hire me until the state pays them their funding for the year. Nice thing is I would get half the salary up front in a lump sum, with the rest being paid out over the course of the next 12 months...

So while I am waiting on that, I am going to keep looking or if Buehler would get his shit together and make the rain stop, some of us would have a chance to make some extra cash. Damn you B! Damn your wet farm lands to hell!

Buehler445 10-23-2009 11:24 AM

Good news. Hopefully something acceptable comes your way.

Sorry about the rain dude. Yesterday the weather showed 8 clear days, today they threw in 2 that are supposed to be rainy :cuss:
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock 10-23-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 6198865)
Nice thing is I would get half the salary up front in a lump sum, with the rest being paid out over the course of the next 12 months...

Don't forget to change your exemptions before you get that check.

BigRedChief 10-23-2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Okay ladies, Back from the interview....

It went well actually. Was easy to sit through and interview when you didnt have any expecations either way. Wasnt nervous, all my answers were crisp clear and very thoughtout... I noticed a huge difference in myself now than I did 4 1/2 years ago when I interviewed. The aviation industry allowed me to handle the pressure very well. Never once was nervous or stumbled over any words...

Yeah, I'm never nervous anymore. I'm checking them out as much as they are me. I am what I am. I don't BS or say I can do "stuff" that I won't be able to prove week 1. We don't match up? cool, I'll be okay.

Deberg_1990 10-23-2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

At first they didnt seem geeky, but they turned out to be very GoChiefs like by the end of the interview...

Explain please?

They broke out the Star Wars costumes and gave you links to Pron?

BigRedChief 10-23-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 6199198)
Explain please?

Sounds like my kind of place! :clap:

Reerun_KC 10-23-2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 6199198)
Explain please?

ROFL

Lets just say when we were talking about interests outside of work, they broke out talking about how they like to work on their networks at home, blah blah blah...

I figured with the job being in Norman, we would get a little OU talk or some Big 12 action.... Nope nothing like that...

So what is this Pron you speak of?

Buehler445 10-23-2009 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 6199231)
ROFL

Lets just say when we were talking about interests outside of work, they broke out talking about how they like to work on their networks at home, blah blah blah...

I figured with the job being in Norman, we would get a little OU talk or some Big 12 action.... Nope nothing like that...

Ouch dude. Home networks? Brutal.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fishpicker 10-23-2009 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 6196942)
After a 2 1/2 year absence from the dreadful IT industry, I have a job interview in the morning...

I am not really nervous, but more sick to my stomach than anything. I thought once I left that shit, I would never have to look back... Well thanks to the economy the flying industry is basically shit plus I cant get even get a sniff with my flight hours for a flying job. Just about everyone is laying off pilots right and left.

So instead of starving my family to death I have sucked up my pride and sent out some resumes. How can someone get excited about something the despise so badly?

Any thoughts? I know I need to keep things rolling and help relieve some of the stress from the wife and family. That what is important.

think of it this way... all skills are perishable & you haven't done any work in the IT field for 2.5 years. They're desperate. no matter what they offer... balk at it. the job is yours' either way. but you should set the tone, and you should make it clear that you think very little of them. I don't see how this would cause you any stress whatsoever.

tell them you speak just a little Hindi, Punjabi, or Urdu and you're Golden.

Deberg_1990 10-23-2009 02:15 PM

Quote:

ROFL

heh, so you dont like to go home on the weekends and tinker with your home network? ROFL

BigRedChief 10-24-2009 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 6199304)
heh, so you dont like to go home on the weekends and tinker with your home network? ROFL

questions like that are always about how you would fit in with the rest of the people in your department. I can live in both worlds. I've got a Hyper-V installation and set up a 2008 Server core installation, Windows 7 desktops and a 2005 SQL server etc. but, I also spend a lot of my time talking Chiefs football and watching ball games.

KC Jones 10-24-2009 06:26 AM

Quote:

I've never understood this. The gaming thing I can get since I'm a gamer, but that's not what I do all day at work and in my mind it's just another form of entertainment/escapism. Coming home and hacking on stuff after I just got done doing that for 10 hours? **** no.

ArrowheadHawk 10-24-2009 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Jones (Post 6200341)
I've never understood this. The gaming thing I can get since I'm a gamer, but that's not what I do all day at work and in my mind it's just another form of entertainment/escapism. Coming home and hacking on stuff after I just got done doing that for 10 hours? **** no.

Same here. I don't want to fix shit when I come home from work. My wife has to nag me repeatedly if there is a problem on her laptop, I just don't want to mess with computers after I just got done doing it all day.