ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Alfonso Cuarón's "Gravity" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272922)

mr. tegu 10-12-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10074855)
I found it to be pretty unrealistic, but it was still visually stunning and I loved the minimal cuts in the action.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

I really liked the movie. I didn't find it to be boring at all and I enjoyed all the suspense.

Frazod 10-12-2013 09:32 AM

Saw it last night. Loved it. Can't remember the last time I got so completely engrossed in a movie.

Sure-Oz 10-12-2013 11:20 AM

Incredible experience in IMAX 3D...intense, scary as hell. What a nightmare.

ragedogg69 10-12-2013 12:56 PM

I went to see this in 3D at the Studio Movie Grill. One of those have some booze and dinner while you watch the movie type places. Got a Groupon for $5 tix. I highly recommend it. (I am one of those guys who hate the traditional movie experience and would rather watch it at home.)

As far as the movie: I loved it. My wife said meh. Different strokes I guess. The 3D was nice, but probably better if we sat closer or saw it on IMAX. Honestly, I am still not sold on 3D. Questions I do have in regards to space exposure: In Mission to Mars, they claim you become a popsicle in space, Star Trek says your blood boils, Itchie and Scratchie says your head explodes, and in Event Horizon your insides become your outsides.
Spoiler!
Which one is correct?
Spoiler!

Fire Me Boy! 10-12-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10075797)
I went to see this in 3D at the Studio Movie Grill. One of those have some booze and dinner while you watch the movie type places. Got a Groupon for $5 tix. I highly recommend it. (I am one of those guys who hate the traditional movie experience and would rather watch it at home.)

As far as the movie: I loved it. My wife said meh. Different strokes I guess. The 3D was nice, but probably better if we sat closer or saw it on IMAX. Honestly, I am still not sold on 3D. Questions I do have in regards to space exposure: In Mission to Mars, they claim you become a popsicle in space, Star Trek says your blood boils, Itchie and Scratchie says your head explodes, and in Event Horizon your insides become your outsides.

Spoiler!

Which one is correct?

Spoiler!

http://space.about.com/cs/basics/a/bodyvacuum1.htm

Cannibal 10-12-2013 08:34 PM

I'm not debating any physics that happened in the film. I suspended disbelief and loved the experience. But I did see it at the IMAX. I think seeing at a regular theater or waiting for regular TV will take a lot away from the film. The IMAX added quite a bit of realism to the film and you felt you were out there with them tumbling through space.

Silock 10-12-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10075041)
Spoiler!

I really liked the movie. I didn't find it to be boring at all and I enjoyed all the suspense.

Spoiler!

QuikSsurfer 10-12-2013 08:38 PM

Fantastic movie!

Pants 10-12-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10077054)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Overall, though, I agree... there were many things you could nitpick when it came to realism. Still, the movie was a fun ****ing ride, I don't care who you are.

Silock 10-12-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10077239)
Spoiler!

Overall, though, I agree... there were many things you could nitpick when it came to realism. Still, the movie was a fun ****ing ride, I don't care who you are.

Spoiler!

jiveturkey 10-13-2013 07:59 AM

Loved it. Sandra put my trousers in a higher orbit

notorious 10-13-2013 08:04 AM

Simply fantastic in 3D.

GordonGekko 10-13-2013 12:42 PM

Saw it last night. Definitely the kind of movie you go to a movie theater to see.

arrowheadnation 10-13-2013 01:35 PM

I implore you....if there ever were a movie that you should not "just wait for it to come out on video".....this is the one. See it in 3d and see it in Imax 3d if at all possible. The 3d combined with the large screen and the cavernous emptiness of the large room help modify the enormity of what is occurring on the screen. It is well worth the extra money. There were points during the movie where I found my heart beating rapidly and was breathing heavily. It's a hell of a ride.

Anyong Bluth 10-13-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnation (Post 10080497)
I implore you....if there ever were a movie that you should not "just wait for it to come out on video".....this is the one. See it in 3d and see it in Imax 3d if at all possible. The 3d combined with the large screen and the cavernous emptiness of the large room help modify the enormity of what is occurring on the screen. It is well worth the extra money. There were points during the movie where I found my heart beating rapidly and was breathing heavily. It's a hell of a ride.

Totally 2nd this advice, and would add that I think it's better to sit a little closer to the screen than you typically are used to. I sat about a 1/3 of the way up- essentially trying to cover my peripheral vision.