ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Elvis Dumervil Trolling the Broncos (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271483)

Hootie 03-27-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9532172)
A 3 time superbowl winner? A quarterback with a 17-7 post season record? A QB with 5 superbowl visits? A 3 time superbowl MVP?

Not a 3 time super bowl MVP...

Hootie 03-27-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9532621)
Football is a team sport, and Peyton Manning is a victim of overall piss poor team building by Bill Polian as much as he is a victim of his own chokes.

The fact that he had inferior teams may well be the cause of his choking.

It has to be far more difficult knowing full well that you have to be the guy in ecery game.

...and in a nutshell, this.

Hootie 03-27-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcat2005 (Post 9532574)
Isnt Tom a good example of how it takes a team to win a SB though?
He won all his rings in the early 2000s, yet no one could argue that Tom Brady 2003 > Tom Brady 2012.

He has improved as a player and despite the fact he has played his best ball of his career the past 5 years, he does not have any rings over that span.

He had defensive help in the early 2000s, now we see that even the great Tom Brady cannot carry a team by himself
This does not make him overrated, nor does it show how his individual accomplishments should always translate into playoff and SB success

And this.

The New England Patriots featuring Tom Brady won 3 super bowls.

The Tom Brady's featuring the New England Patriots hasn't won in a decade.

Just because Mark Sanchez has playoff wins doesn't make him a big game QB.

A QB gets you there by always being consistent but a playoff record isn't indicative of who's the better big game QB...

When Peyton needed his kicker to win a game Vanderjagt pushed it 40 yards right...

Tom won 3 super bowls on kicks by the greatest kicker ever.

No one on this site is capable of critical thinking apparently.

RyFo18 03-27-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9532744)
...and in a nutshell, this.

In Peyton's 11 playoff losses his team has averaged 16 points. Mother****in defense.

Hootie 03-27-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9532774)
In Peyton's 11 playoff losses his team has averaged 16 points. Mother****in defense.

Damn. You're right. Joe Flacco > Peyton Manning

RyFo18 03-27-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9532784)
Damn. You're right. Joe Flacco > Peyton Manning

Thanks for putting words in my mouth, but I never said that. You are the one trying to make excuses for Peyton, while ignoring that he blows kong dong in the playoffs.

RyFo18 03-27-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9532784)
Joe Flacco > Peyton Manning

OMG YOU REALLY THINK THIS! YOU IDIOT!

houstonwhodat 03-27-2013 10:25 AM

Drew Brees > Peyton Manning > Joe Flacco

DBOSHO 03-27-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9531063)
Really?

Really?

Flacco probably played a splash better but Peyton had the game won until Rahim Moore...this place is full of ****ing reeruns though so I'm not surprised the current QB on the current Super Bowl champion is considered the best NFL QB on this board...

I'll have my lol next year when Flacco has another average at very best regular season and the Ravens go 8-8 and suddenly he will have the worst contract ever according to this board.

You're all so dumb.

I dont often agree with hootie but cmon.

Flacco is good but hes not peyton manning. Hes a beneficiary of anquan boldin turning into calvin johnson for a postseason. They wont make the playoffs next year.

ptlyon 03-27-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 9532866)

Flacco is good but hes not peyton manning.

Youre right. Hes not. He actually wins playoff games.

Mile High Mania 03-27-2013 11:02 AM

Kind of funny and interesting to read some of this...

2012 was the season of all seasons for Flacco, there's no doubt. He went from being doubted and debated as 'just a guy outside that elite level' to being a phenom with a huge new contract after the SB and MVP.

Kudos to him - he's earned it.

Let's see what happens now that the team looks vastly different. The Ravens have always been a pretty balanced team, but a huge focus of their success was defense. The offense really has to pick it up which is going to but a different light on him - one similar to some of the other top guys.

I don't care which QB is elite or better than another at this point... there are about 5-7 "gotta have QBs" if you think you want to have a shot at the SB - he's one of them, so is Peyton. I'll let the rest of the chips fall as they may.

Chief Faithful 03-27-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9532485)
8 one and dones is pretty sad. His nuts obviously shrivel up a bit in postseason play. Greatest regular season QB of all time though.

The only thing that stat says to me is Manning managed to carry a lot of really bad Colts teams into the playoffs. Same thing Elway did under Dan Reeves. I was amazed at how much Manning lifted up the Broncos last year and just missed by a few seconds beating a much better Ravens team.

seaofred 03-27-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Faithful (Post 9533005)
The only thing that stat says to me is Manning managed to carry a lot of really bad Colts teams into the playoffs. Same thing Elway did under Dan Reeves. I was amazed at how much Manning lifted up the Broncos last year and just missed by a few seconds beating a much better Ravens team.

Lifted up the Bronco's? How so? They were a play-off winning team with Teabow at QB the year before. If anything, Manning hurt the Bronco's.

houstonwhodat 03-27-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Flacco is good but hes not peyton manning. Hes a beneficiary of anquan boldin turning into calvin johnson for a postseason. They wont make the playoffs next year.

Exactly.

I don't think they go anywhere this year.

Boldin was a beast in the playoffs.

PM makes people better around him, I don't that the same for Flacco.

BigMeatballDave 03-27-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9533050)
Exactly.

I don't think they go anywhere this year.

Boldin was a beast in the playoffs.

PM makes people better around him, I don't that the same for Flacco.

Quote:

Peyton will be 37 and has a 9-11 post-season record.

Flacco will be 28 and has a 9-4 post-season record.

Would you really choose Peyton over Flacco at this point?

I'll remind you that Flacco also just missed the SB last season because of a dropped pass.