ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Time to trade Dwayne Bowe (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279833)

PunkinDrublic 12-22-2013 04:21 PM

Bowe wasn't the reason we lost today. It wasn't the current regime that gave him the contract. All you can do is let him play out the contract and cut him loose when it's done. If we start whiffing again like we did when we drafted Baldwin, then I'll be worried.

gosampel 12-22-2013 04:21 PM

Bowe just need to step up and play at a better level

Mr. Laz 12-22-2013 04:25 PM

too late, we already paid him.

i think we already tried to trade him and couldn't.

ClevelandBronco 12-22-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 10303737)
Exactly, it would seem we are stuck with the guy and it would be nice if the coaching staff could figure out a way to motivate him. What happens to the cap mumber if he gets caught with a trunk load of weed and gets booted by Goodell? :evil:

Maybe you'll get lucky and he'll attend the Von Miller offseason training program.

gosampel 12-22-2013 04:30 PM

Didn't he come to KC with some issues coming in? Like he wouldn't sign on time or something , I knew he was trouble with stuff like that

GloryDayz 12-22-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gosampel (Post 10303867)
Bowe just need to step up and play at a better level

I don't think he can play any better than this. He either lacks the understanding to what he needs to do in order to make these catches (focus and the ball, and use his hands [away from his body] to make catches), or he doesn't have the talent to make those things happen.

I seriously would love to see him run faster, but I don't see him getting any faster. I'm just concerned that he can't watch Tony Gonzalez tape and see how it's supposed to be done, then do it. And he may not be a TE, but he sure isn't a prototypical WR because of his lack of separation speed.

notorious 12-22-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 10303901)
Maybe you'll get lucky and he'll attend the Von Miller offseason training program.

That would be the best way to use his skills.

Send Bowe to Denver with a pickup full of weed and let things work themselves out.

Miller and Bowe suspended, Bowe's contract is voided and Miller is out for the year.

WIN/WIN

GloryDayz 12-22-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 10303901)

I doubt it. I get the impression he does little other than show up for practice and the games.

BigMeatballDave 12-22-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gosampel (Post 10303913)
Didn't he come to KC with some issues coming in?

Huh?

He was drafted by the Chiefs. No issues that I know of.

He caught 70 his rookie year and 86 the following year.

All from shitty QBs.

gosampel 12-22-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10303916)
I don't think he can play any better than this. He either lacks the understanding to what he needs to do in order to make these catches (focus and the ball, and use his hands [away from his body] to make catches), or he doesn't have the talent to make those things happen.

I seriously would love to see him run faster, but I don't see him getting any faster. I'm just concerned that he can't watch Tony Gonzalez tape and see how it's supposed to be done, then do it. And he may not be a TE, but he sure isn't a prototypical WR because of his lack of separation speed.

Yah like Mr. Laz said we already payed him so I don't think he is going to change anything

gosampel 12-22-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10303931)
Huh?

He was drafted by the Chiefs. No issues that I know of.

He caught 70 his rookie year and 86 the following year.

All from shitty QBs.

I think he was sign on time issues

gosampel 12-22-2013 04:36 PM

I ought to go to the game next wk at the Q

BigMeatballDave 12-22-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gosampel (Post 10303913)
Like he wouldn't sign on time or something , I knew he was trouble with stuff like that

This has absolutely nothing to do with this season anyway.

gosampel 12-22-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10303955)
This has absolutely nothing to do with this season anyway.

No but he is a problem player is the point I'm making here and oak got ball back

BigMeatballDave 12-22-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 10303866)
Bowe wasn't the reason we lost today. It wasn't the current regime that gave him the contract. All you can do is let him play out the contract and cut him loose when it's done. If we start whiffing again like we did when we drafted Baldwin, then I'll be worried.

Bowe just signed a new deal this year.